Duke4.net Forums: WG Realms 2: Get Medieval on Their Asses! - Duke4.net Forums

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WG Realms 2: Get Medieval on Their Asses!  "WG and DT present the ultimate 8-bit medieval fragfest"

User is offline   Spiker 

I wanted to use ®espawn to spawn some inactive monster sprtites (needed for some cool stuff) but this doesn't work (i.e. nothing is spawned), any chances of fixing it?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSpiker, on May 12 2010, 07:17 AM, said:

I wanted to use ®espawn to spawn some inactive monster sprtites (needed for some cool stuff) but this doesn't work (i.e. nothing is spawned), any chances of fixing it?

What tile numbers are you trying to respawn?

User is offline   Spiker 

I've tried it only with 5784 but I wanted to use some other monster front tiles as well.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSpiker, on May 12 2010, 08:11 AM, said:

I've tried it only with 5784 but I wanted to use some other monster front tiles as well.

The problem is that you are trying to spawn a tile that has no code associated with it. Whenever you do that, the sprite will spawn tiny -- so small you can't barely see it, and perhaps small enough that the game deletes it (size 0 sprites automatically get deleted). So I would have to add a new feature if you need to spawn decorative sprites that have no code.

EDIT: I just remembered, there is the texturizer effect which can be used to change all sprites of one tile number to a different tile number when something is triggered. If you make the initial sprite of an invalid tile number, then it won't show up in game, and then have it change to the tile number you want. Should work.

To do this I would start by placing the 5784 sprite in the map exactly the way you want it to look. Then go into 2D mode, F8 on it and change its picnum to 8784. Now place a texturizer and set it up so that it changes all 8784s to 5784s at the appropriate trigger.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 12 May 2010 - 07:51 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Thanks for the tip. I have found yet another method.

However I've also found a nasty bug: respawned skelknights (the real ones) are passive until damaged (at least pal 20 but probably it doesn't matter) and this does not happen to any other monster. This is really bad beacuse literally you can jump on their heads and they stand still :( And I can't use pal 17 for this (too much to explain).

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSpiker, on May 12 2010, 11:32 AM, said:

However I've also found a nasty bug: respawned skelknights (the real ones) are passive until damaged (at least pal 20 but probably it doesn't matter) and this does not happen to any other monster. This is really bad beacuse literally you can jump on their heads and they stand still :( And I can't use pal 17 for this (too much to explain).

That really doesn't make any sense at all. They are coded to become active right away, just like any other monster, whether they are respawned or not. We are both talking about tile 5888, right?

What revision of EDuke32 are you using?

User is offline   Spiker 

My revision is from Frebruary I guess. I used the latest but it was giving me some rare random crashes so I decided to downgrade untill the map is ready. Also sometimes I had a feeling that it caused arrows to be auto-aimed, which is not good. (not sure about this one but their behaviour was definately different at least in one play).

• Duke Plus Developer

If you want me to investigate and fix the problem, please send me a map that shows it happening. And make it simple (like the player presses a switch near the player start, and the switch makes the respawns nearby).

• Duke Plus Developer

Thanks for the map. Here are new CONs with the bug fixed:

http://deeperthought...r2/WGR2cons.rar

User is offline   Spiker 

Thanks, it works :(

Slightly off-topic, but as Imperium hasn't his topic here and both are WG projects, I'll ask it anyway : any news about Imperium mod ?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostHeadless_Horseman, on May 13 2010, 10:11 AM, said:

Slightly off-topic, but as Imperium hasn't his topic here and both are WG projects, I'll ask it anyway : any news about Imperium mod ?

I asked Merlijin about this the other day and he said that him and Maarten were busy at the moment with music stuff etc, but that they hope to be getting back into it very shortly. :(

I am not sure on Williams status of it though.

Here is a preview video they you may or may not have seen.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I6jLL-UmXDw - Commentary by Maarten and Merlijin.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 12 May 2010 - 07:48 PM

User is offline   Spiker 

Would it be possible to add something like 666 sector tag from Dukeplus that is used to kill bots? I would like to use something like this to kill the following souls (hopefully only these active ones) to prevent undiserable player progression.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSpiker, on May 23 2010, 10:43 AM, said:

Would it be possible to add something like 666 sector tag from Dukeplus that is used to kill bots? I would like to use something like this to kill the following souls (hopefully only these active ones) to prevent undiserable player progression.

It's possible, but if it's a problem then why did you put so many souls in the map?

User is offline   Spiker 

The problem is that at least one soul door is not necessary to progress so if you skip it then you have "abundance" of souls. :( Plus sometimes it's good to put a few more just in case player has problems finding them (I remember I had this problem while playing one of WG's maps).

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSpiker, on May 23 2010, 12:11 PM, said:

The problem is that at least one soul door is not necessary to progress so if you skip it then you have "abundance" of souls. :( Plus sometimes it's good to put a few more just in case player has problems finding them (I remember I had this problem while playing one of WG's maps).

Try this:

http://deeperthought...r2/WGR2cons.rar

When the player enters a sector that has hitag 777, any active souls should "die" and turn into gold.

User is offline   Spiker 

It works :(

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Just make sure the player can't go back to where the skipped door was after you take their souls away.

• Duke Plus Developer

Surprise! Spiker has finished a new level for WGR2, and I have put together a new version of this TC. Consider this a release candidate for WGR2 1.1

The new level, "Castle Demonhorn" is a separate episode from the older levels, but it's related to them in an important way. In this new mission, you must free Jedrik Demonhorn, who has been magically imprisoned in his own castle. A mighty warlord, he will join the fight against the demon siege once freed. To put it in gameplay terms: he's a playable character that you unlock by completing the new level.

For anyone new to this TC, it is a complete game and you don't need Duke 3D to play. Just download it and follow the simple installation instructions.

Here's a link to the new version: http://fissile.duke4...r2/WGR2v11b.zip

And a few screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Spiker and WG: I have to leave suddenly on a trip, and I will be away from my computer for about a week. If there's any code bugs they may have to wait until I get back.

• el fundador

I forgot to mention this to you earlier, Dan, but the armor icon in the HUD doesn't look so great. I understand that it's supposed to be a chestplate or something but it looks like some hilarious rubber mask that little Johnny got so he could be a giant insect for Halloween. Fly man comes to eat your brains! Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Duke Plus Developer

There are 3 levels of armor, and each has its own art (same art for the pickup item and hud icon). I see what you mean about the weakest armor looking like a fly mask, but I can also see it as a cool looking chestplate.

• el fundador

I was thinking it might look better if the breast portion was smoothed out a bit in the tile, specifically losing the dark circles on each side would help a lot.

Edit: the fullbright pixels in the tiles imported from DOOM definitely need fixing. Where's Cage? :)

Well, I just wanted to play this version and see how the new level is. Went head first into the level on "It's a Good Day to Die".

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Serious Cacodemon: 29 June 2010 - 10:24 PM

User is offline   Spiker 

Cool! a new level, downloading!!! .......... Um wait :)

That's true that some jumps are tricky in this map but they were to be like that. I've never heard of strafe-jumping, most difficult jumps can be completed if you hit jump first and then forward. Because Duke somehow has problems with jumping when moving on sloppy surfaces.

Oh, man it took you 2 hours? :)

DeeperThought: nice screens there :D

Congratulations! Downloading now, will play soon and upload to the site and moddb. :) (y)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

ok don't shoot me, I got stuck when I reached the castle doors :-O help?!?

edit: lol I didn't even get past the scene in the first picture :)

This post has been edited by Micky C: 29 June 2010 - 11:51 PM

View PostMicky C, on Jun 30 2010, 12:50 AM, said:

Spoiler

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostMicky C, on Jun 30 2010, 08:50 AM, said:

You thought it will be that easy to get inside the castle? :) hehe

Once agian I've noticed that some enemies behave strange (for some time it was fine), mostly spiders which wake up before a player sees them. But that's not a big deal.

• el fundador

Hey Dan, I found a pretty serious bug in your CONs. If you cycle through the available game tips by pressing back, when it goes to loop around from the first tip to the last it gets thrown into an infinite loop. Doesn't happen when looping from the last tip to the first when pressing forward.

User is offline   t800 

I ve found bug. I opened the door leading to boss and then I saved game. Some monster killed me, so I tried to load game. But loading saved game was unsuccessful, because game closed and error screen was displayed.

Posted Image

My specs:
notebook MSI EX623X
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual T3400 2.16GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9500M GS 512 VRAM
RAM: 4GB

I ran game in these setting:
windowed
800x600x32bit polymost
texture quality: low
filter: nearest

Sorry, log is from the second try. When this bug occured first time, I didnt save log. After while I just started game agian and straight from the menu I went to saved game and tried to load it again. So this log is from the second try.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by t800: 30 June 2010 - 07:46 AM

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options