Duke4.net Forums: WG Realms 2: Get Medieval on Their Asses! - Duke4.net Forums

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WG Realms 2: Get Medieval on Their Asses!  "WG and DT present the ultimate 8-bit medieval fragfest"

User is offline   Spiker 

Is this a new weapon for the warrior? hhhmmm

No. Its to replace the chainsaw.

User is offline   supergoofy 

will there be the ability to throw the disk and thus cut enemies from distance? redneck rampage had such weapon, the ripsaw.

View PostWilliam Gee, on Jan 6 2010, 10:56 AM, said:

No. Its to replace the chainsaw.

No, really, are you joking ? :lol:
I'll miss the good 'ol chainsaw.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

To be honest, chainsaws are highly over used so having something that doesn't look like one will make for good change. (not sure if it's going to act the same yet)

The chainsaw was a melee weapon, so I'm guessing its going to remain melee only, anyways it looks like a good start to the year for WGR2, crash issue fixed and Cage returns! awesome. I'm going on holiday for 10 days now, when I return I want to finish/release imperium, then get back working on WGR2, I'm quite excited about this now, but imperium has to be finished and released in the next 2 months or it will never see light.

This post has been edited by William Gee: 06 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

User is offline   supergoofy 

but why not having a long range alt-fire ?

If its only able to use the alt fire after picking up special ammo, It cant start with ranged attacks because its the only melee weapon and has to stay that way for gamplay reasons. IMO its just better of remaining melee like the chainsaw, there are more than enough ranged weapons and no reason for any more.

As for the replacement, I'm glad Cage is making it, the chainsaw never really felt right to me.

User is offline   Spiker 

Cage you were to create a tutorial on how to make weapons, so where is it? :lol:

This post has been edited by Spiker: 07 January 2010 - 01:31 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostWilliam Gee, on Jan 7 2010, 09:58 AM, said:

If its only able to use the alt fire after picking up special ammo, It cant start with ranged attacks because its the only melee weapon and has to stay that way for gamplay reasons. IMO its just better of remaining melee like the chainsaw, there are more than enough ranged weapons and no reason for any more.

As for the replacement, I'm glad Cage is making it, the chainsaw never really felt right to me.

Why not do it like in Redneck Rampage? You can shoot the extra saw blades, but when you're down to one, it stays as a melee-only weapon.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

We want it possible to give the player a melee weapon without also giving him a ranged attack. Your suggestion could work as long as the player gets no ammo for the saw blade when first picking it up. However, there is already a lot of ranged weapons, so I don't know if it's worth the extra work of adding the extra art and code needed to make an alt-fire blade shooting attack.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Sounds good. I was just assuming you might want to do that because WGRealms2 otherwise seems to have a lot of going on with other content as well.

User is offline   Spiker 

Holy shit! I've just browsed through the tiles and the new monsters are so awesome! Ok, I'd better shut my mouth now :lol:

User is offline   Spiker 

Possible bug: I've noticed that using shotgun ironsight (no shooting) lightens up the whole area, this doesn't look good especially in the areas that are supposed to be dark.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 08 January 2010 - 03:01 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSpiker, on Jan 8 2010, 02:54 AM, said:

Possible bug: I've noticed that using shotgun ironsight (no shooting) lightens up the whole area, this doesn't look good especially in the areas that are supposed to be dark.

It's not really a bug; when I coded the "zoom" I noticed it was useless unless visibility was altered. Otherwise, you just get a bigger view of an area that you can't see.

User is offline   Spiker 

I've noticed that warrior's arrows do not activate any button that usually can be activated with ranged weapons and so he has no way to do it. I want to know if it can be fixed and if you're going to do that because it is important for the design of my map.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSpiker, on Apr 10 2010, 04:59 AM, said:

I've noticed that warrior's arrows do not activate any button that usually can be activated with ranged weapons and so he has no way to do it. I want to know if it can be fixed and if you're going to do that because it is important for the design of my map.

That's tricky, because hitscan weapons are hardcoded to activate buttons, and the warrior has no hitscan weapons. I will definitely come up with something, though.

EDIT: I sent a PM with some new code that seems to work.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 10 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Thanks. The map is going so well that I don't see it being finished anytime soon because now I feel motivated and I want to make it as good as I can :P

Hmmm a one-hour map that would be something cool :D

Edit: In case you are bored someday - try making these torches noshade and think of something to fix the problem of floating stuff on moving platforms.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 10 April 2010 - 11:13 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

I was also trying the mod with polymer and it looks great but the problem is that not all light sources in fact emit light (their appearance suggests they should) and the color (pinkish, redish) from the small brown torch doesn't look very good while other torches/lights look great.

• Duke Plus Developer

I'll add that stuff you requested, but if you don't finish the map, we'll send you on a plane to Smolensk.

User is offline   Spiker 

I will finish it sooner or later (I want to create a very good map) unless I die in a plane crash or any other accident :P

View PostDeeperThought, on Apr 11 2010, 09:40 AM, said:

I'll add that stuff you requested, but if you don't finish the map, we'll send you on a plane to Smolensk.

Ouch... I am not to sure if that should be funny and all...

User is offline   Spiker 

It's not funny but you have only one life so there is no point in crying and be sad about this. You should get as much from the life as you can (in a postive sense) because lighting can strike you even on a sunny day. (kind of methaphor but technically it's possible too).

This post has been edited by Spiker: 11 April 2010 - 01:40 AM

Oh, I just wasn't sure if DT knew you were from Poland and all. :P (maybe to soon for jokes, no?)

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostThe Commander, on Apr 11 2010, 04:57 PM, said:

I just wasn't sure if DT knew you were from Poland and all.

Yeah pretty sure here that's the whole point of the joke :P

I giggled but hey who am i

User is offline   Gambini 

That´s a terrible example of gallows humor if you ask me. :P First time i read the post i didnt know about the accident yet.

User is offline   Hellbound 

I'm also from Poland and I'm pretty happy that many of those motherfuckers who were abusing my country are now dead, including our fag president.

User is offline   Spiker 

You could at least pretend that Poland is a friendly country and that people there are good. But it's a fact that the truth is........... different.

User is offline   Spiker 

Posted Image

What the hell?! Why the piggies are not squishable? :P

Hhhhmm the hammer is so powerful against the wizards. They can't stand a chance and die to quickly<_<

• Duke Plus Developer

Nice screenshot!

I have just added code to make the piggies squishable. As for the warrior, I'm sure he needs some balancing tweaks, and the monsters as well. Don't worry too much about getting the gameplay perfect at this point, because it will change before anything is released.

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options