Duke4.net Forums: [Release] Better Coop - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Release] Better Coop  "More Coop Options for eduke"

User is offline   Kipo 

Hello,

This mod aims to add more coop options to eduke.
Why? Well I've been playing gzdoom in coop and is so much fun, so naturally I wanted the same experience in duke nukem. But to my surprise, it's options are very limited.
Luckily, I found out I could add extra features through eduke's scripting system, and this is the result.

Main Features:
  • Enable/Disable spawning mutiplayer-only weapons in coop
  • Enable/Disable spawning mutiplayer-only weapons in coop
  • Enable/Disable players keep their weapons, ammo, inventory if they die
  • Enable/Disable access cards stay after being picked up and used
  • Enable/Disable players spawn where they died
  • Enable/Disable respawning of shield and ammo after being picked up
  • Enable/Disable losing half your ammo if you die

You can also easily:
  • Customize ammo amounts (to simulate double ammo for example)
  • Customize respawn time for the items

About the options, I used gzdoom's as a base, but I took some liberties in translating them to duke nukem, and added some more.

Download

The readme file:
Spoiler

I know the code is probably awful, and there are probably better ways to achieve this, but keep in mind this is my first attemp at eduke's modding, so please be gentle. I'm sharing it in case somebody finds it useful.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Hey, I am not likely to try this out any time soon, but I'm curious as to why I am credited. What code of mine did you use or find useful?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Access cards staying is a must since there are plenty of ways for one player to screw with others.

User is offline   RPD Guy 

Nice job

User is offline   Kipo 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 September 2017 - 01:10 AM, said:

Hey, I am not likely to try this out any time soon, but I'm curious as to why I am credited. What code of mine did you use or find useful?

Specifically the code for disabling multiplayer-only weapons in coop.
In the readme there's a link to the post where you posted that solution.

https://forums.duke4...dpost__p__24885

But in general terms, there was much info provided by you in different threads to help me learn.

User is offline   Paul B 

Does this mod actually work? I'm not questioning the mod itself, i think it's a great idea. But does Eduke actually support this mod? Is multi-player functional yet in Eduke? Or is this mod ahead of itself or something that can be integrated with EDuke when the time comes.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 04 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

User is offline   Kipo 

View PostPaul B, on 04 September 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

Does this mod actually work? I'm not questioning the mod itself, i think it's a great idea. But does Eduke actually support this mod? Is multi-player functional yet in Eduke? Or is this mod ahead of itself or something that can be integrated with EDuke when the time comes.

Yes it works, but youu need a stable eduke for multiplayer, you can get it here:
https://forums.duke4...-eduke32-oldmp/

User is offline   Elvisish 

Just wanted to say how awesome this is, thanks for making COOP bearable at last! :dukecigar:

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostFox, on 01 September 2017 - 01:51 AM, said:

Access cards staying is a must since there are plenty of ways for one player to screw with others.

At least, until EDuke32 gets my shared keys feature from OldMP. That makes sure everything flows like SP, and can't be exploited.

User is offline   pontifex91 

Hello! Thanks for the mod. It's a pity there is no way to turn on / off a friendly fire on startup. You have idea how to do this?

User is offline   pontifex91 

View Postpontifex91, on 25 June 2020 - 03:49 AM, said:

Hello! Thanks for the mod. It's a pity there is no way to turn on / off a friendly fire on startup. You have idea how to do this?

The question is cleared. I just added "setvar FFIRE 0" to "onevent EVENT_GAME"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options