Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Blood? - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Blood?

User is offline   daMann 

Tekodon, SPILL, etc... Thanks for keeping it going, mapmaking and such.. really. It is great to see what you guys have done, NoOnes Alone in Dark, Deathwish, Bloody Pulp Fiction etc... Just brilliant work.. I've been around since before Wolf3d, making maps and tinkering around... it's been a real joy to dive back in and I feel I'm better than ever before...I see maps a lot differently now and don't feel a need to rush... Adding all those pages from Dunkel's book is a new touch to add to the storyline and takes awhile but gives levels a little guidance and effect... being extremely liberal with sprites now haha

I have so little time to play I can't wait to finish this and really dive in to everyone's works!

User is offline   daMann 

I can't upload video, so can't share the farm equipment mauling fat zombies :)

However, here are 3 screenshots from Bloodlines... the Dusk-inspired secret level, updates to the Epidemic map from the Beta 15 years ago, and a shot of two mapedits open, tryin' to align the ending of someone's map from 1999 to one I'm working on in 2018 B) :) :)

Good times!

The video is on Discord, I think its in the Duke4 one or 3d Realms one, if you want to check it.

I'd say, we've nudged closer to being done than not?! :)Having too much fun with it, so little time to work without sacrificing the important things... so, its the fun creative endeavor on the side. Hopefully, end of 2018?

At least we beat Duke Nukem Forever in taking this long to release!!!!!!!

Attached File(s)

User is offline   VGA 

Heh, nice :) But only 35 enemies in the second screenshot?

User is offline   daMann 

View PostVGA, on 26 March 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

Heh, nice :D But only 35 enemies in the second screenshot?

WIP. This is also a "in the streets" level, so new stuff spawns throughout the match as the cultists are out looking for... hmm, I don't know, just out cultist-ing I guess :P :lol: :lol:

There won't be a ton of monsters, though... its very situational combat... thats why I have a Dusk-inspired map, and a Stranger Things one conceptualized that will have plenty of monsters... like, ludicrous amounts at once :) Just for the sake of blowing stuff up and running them over and making them fall in worm holes haha..

That map is in the original Bloodlines beta from 2003, now I'm just dismantling and adding some new setpiece stuff... like exploding buildings.. can never get enough of those!

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostdaMann, on 25 March 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

I can't upload video, so can't share the farm equipment mauling fat zombies :P

However, here are 3 screenshots from Bloodlines... the Dusk-inspired secret level, updates to the Epidemic map from the Beta 15 years ago, and a shot of two mapedits open, tryin' to align the ending of someone's map from 1999 to one I'm working on in 2018 :) :D :D

Good times!

The video is on Discord, I think its in the Duke4 one or 3d Realms one, if you want to check it.

I'd say, we've nudged closer to being done than not?! :)Having too much fun with it, so little time to work without sacrificing the important things... so, its the fun creative endeavor on the side. Hopefully, end of 2018?

Just a tip, make use of some depth cueing :lol: not sure if you are using that but looks like it's lacking in these screenshots, they look great nontheless! :lol:

User is offline   daMann 

I've D +/- 'ed in all of them...something is not translating well from mapedit to Bloodgdx.... In Dosbox version totally right..

User is offline   VGA 

I think BloodGDX does not have accurate lighting yet.

User is offline   daMann 

Yep, zero complaints... For testing it's wondrous. for just playing vanilla.. same
.. but in playing Bloodlines officially, I will recommend in Dosbox.

User is offline   SPILL 

Look for the release of Retail Therapy - the second map to Eviction - in the next few days. Download will include an enhanced version of Eviction plus the INI to run the levels as an episode.

Attached File  javaw 2018-04-18 00-46-02-60.jpg (303.81K)
Number of downloads: 46

This post has been edited by SPILL: 17 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

User is offline   Devon 

View PostVGA, on 20 March 2018 - 06:17 AM, said:

I am goong to play the shit out of this when it's out.

you and me both.

Great stuff comming out =)

User is offline   daMann 

The sloping ice and floors and stuff has been solved!

Alt+x will assign the slope, apply it to the floor or ceiling you want to use.

Two sectors.. one is a zmotion. The other you alt x ... The first wall can't be attached to the z motion, but any other is fine...

As the z motion sector rises, the surface will slope.

Thanks years of research and NoOne (FAITD designer) testing out some ideas, we spent hours last couple days troubleshooting this... He found in Shadow Warrior docs this command!

So... Make sloping floors now!

View PostdaMann, on 11 May 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

The sloping ice and floors and stuff has been solved!

Alt+x will assign the slope, apply it to the floor or ceiling you want to use.

Two sectors.. one is a zmotion. The other you alt x ... The first wall can't be attached to the z motion, but any other is fine...

As the z motion sector rises, the surface will slope.

Thanks years of research and NoOne (FAITD designer) testing out some ideas, we spent hours last couple days troubleshooting this... He found in Shadow Warrior docs this command!

So... Make sloping floors now!

Need to try this :( I gotta fucking work tomorrow though... F**** congrats! Good work!

User is offline   daMann 

Tekodon and others,

If you are in the Blood Multiplayer discord you can track with our discussion about it.... No one has posted a few videos of it too. He made an organic creeping worm that crawls around, rotates etc haha.

This post has been edited by daMann: 11 May 2018 - 01:27 PM

User is offline   SPILL 

That's genius! We had the same idea because I looked though Shadow Warrior mapedit docs too lol! Unfortunately I'm only familiar with Blood for build engine games and the section on sloping sectors referenced something called "Booleans" I believe. Which is something custom to SW and maybe not even build. I couldn't figure it out. Bravo!

User is offline   Dzierzan 

21 years old mistery has been solved!

User is offline   SPILL 

It must work with other sector effects because in E1M8 the slope effect is utilized but there are no z-motion sectors adjacent to them. Any thoughts?

Is there a link to download Bloodlines?

User is offline   SPILL 

It is important to note that Alt+X is to be used in 2D mode NOT 3D mode.

User is offline   SPILL 

Wow so easy! Can't believe it took 21 years. FUCK

User is offline   SPILL 

You can create the effect with one sector. Make a z-motion/elevator sector. Link one side to the ground/basic floor sector with Alt+X in 2D mode. Ta da! You're elevator now slopes without using 3 sectors (Floor, Z-motion, Sloping sector)

So now just have 2 sectors (Floor and sloping z-motion)

User is offline   daMann 

View PostSPILL, on 11 May 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

You can create the effect with one sector. Make a z-motion/elevator sector. Link one side to the ground/basic floor sector with Alt+X in 2D mode. Ta da! You're elevator now slopes without using 3 sectors (Floor, Z-motion, Sloping sector)

So now just have 2 sectors (Floor and sloping z-motion)

Yes, thanks for clarifying man. I was at work and only able to help brainstorm today... I did most of my gruntwork on it last night removing all variables... I personally just KNEW it was some long lost key combo... I kept trying alt f5, alt slope keys, etc. and others and never thought about just going through alphabet :( :P :P

Super glad to be a part of helping solve it.

and YES, I just posted on the FB group too, you can just like path sectors have the parent sector be a path sector and then have the children sectors be given other tags and such..... so, NoOne proved it by making one of the slope sectors a mirror, and made it an upper link to a Room Over Room...

I think that could be some fun freaky stuff for Bloodlines... now how to pratically use...

I like the idea of sloping sectors where like, something heavy lands and you change the shape... or, have giant spikes shape and twist in front of you as gaps open in reality.... or damage sectors that stretch and stab at you or.... its just got some room to play with now, ya know?

User is offline   nightsmoke 

I'm still working on Dark Times Episode I
It will feature new textures and sprites.
You can see the screenhots here

User is offline   daMann 

I think I said on Facebook, but thanks for the texture pack. For next project I'd love to use it exclusively. Awesome curation.

User is offline   SPILL 

Awesome! More new content coming for Blood. We'll thrive as a community as long as we are all contributing to the game in one way or another.

View PostdaMann, on 25 March 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

I can't upload video, so can't share the farm equipment mauling fat zombies :(

However, here are 3 screenshots from Bloodlines... the Dusk-inspired secret level, updates to the Epidemic map from the Beta 15 years ago, and a shot of two mapedits open, tryin' to align the ending of someone's map from 1999 to one I'm working on in 2018 :( :D :D

Good times!

How are things going with this? :unsure:

User is offline   daMann 

View PostTekedon, on 12 July 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

How are things going with this? :(

DUDE get in the Blood Discord, or maybe you don't want a million social medias :unsure: I understand.

Let me post some stuff...

This post has been edited by daMann: 12 July 2018 - 04:20 PM

User is offline   daMann 

View PostdaMann, on 12 July 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

DUDE get in the Blood Discord, or maybe you don't want a million social medias :( I understand.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Tiddalick 

Those screen shots look great.

The black and white one with the birds looks especially interesting!

View PostdaMann, on 12 July 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

DUDE get in the Blood Discord, or maybe you don't want a million social medias :( I understand.

Great looking screenshots! :unsure:

Hehe, I would but our second child was born just over a week ago so I don't have too much time right now for much else. I will get on it one day :(

User is offline   daMann 

View PostTekedon, on 12 July 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

Great looking screenshots! :(

Hehe, I would but our second child was born just over a week ago so I don't have too much time right now for much else. I will get on it one day :unsure:

CONGRATULATIONS. I have four children myself, plus the wife, plus work and volunteering.... I totally get it :( I strictly do Discord, though I like to occasionally pop in over here to see what's being posted on the forum.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options