Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Blood? - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Blood?

User is offline   darkcaleb 

View PostPhredreeke, on 27 August 2018 - 02:23 AM, said:

A few tile edits I made last night as a joke

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Are ya planning on doing more :D :o

!This Is The Record Of My Nightmares!
Keep a Watch At ---> http://jerichoprojects.blogspot.nl/

User is offline   Phredreeke 

here's a few more (replacement for the big red cross in sick ward)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 27 August 2018 - 04:39 PM

User is offline   daMann 

Been without a monitor for almost a month, plus a week of vacation... but back at it for Bloodlines mapping!

I may take another brief hiatus after I finish this map, the remastered Epidemic map that you find in the beta from a billion years ago...

The long tunnel (reminiscent of 28 Days Later, the Stand, etc.) is going to be extra awesome this time around :lol:

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Zaxx 

daMann, on 14 September 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Been without a monitor for almost a month, plus a week of vacation... but back at it for Bloodlines mapping!

I may take another brief hiatus after I finish this map, the remastered Epidemic map that you find in the beta from a billion years ago...

The long tunnel (reminiscent of 28 Days Later, the Stand, etc.) is going to be extra awesome this time around :lol:

On the shot it looks like if you were jumping at the bus to pitchfork the shit out of it. :D

User is offline   Tekedon 

daMann, on 14 September 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Nice spritework, using sprites to make stuff like this is a lot of work. :)

User is offline   daMann 

#screenshotSunday?

Shots from the remastering of the Epidemic map... really trying to get the episode 1 maps wrapped up/done. Honing in on this one at moment.... You can see the sector limit is close, as well as the walls... sprites are being used as much as possible like the sink in that bathroom.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   SPILL 

Here's a quick preview of the intense over-lapping stacks/layers in my next map. It's very meticulous and time consuming to build like this. Ambitious but turning out very well I think :)
(Also a lot of the map is built at an angle which is also difficult)

This post has been edited by SPILL: 02 October 2018 - 08:53 PM

User is online   Mark 

• Honored Donor

Techically impressive. I know what you mean about working with rooms on an angle. Sometimes to avoid it I'll make a hallway turn so that I can make the room straight. ;)

User is offline   daMann 

Looking good Austin!

User is offline   daMann 

#screenshotsaturday

Up way too late for this old mann watching all 4 kids by myself this weekend while the wife camps with friends from church.... so I build evil places hahaha. Going to pay for it in the morning when the 2 year old wakes me up :stuck_out_tongue:

If you played beta of Bloodlines addon, the ending of the map was bleh. The tunnel was cool, but the transition was bad. I am sorry, 17 year old me just gave up there...

Having played Dusk alot lately this past year, I'm going to close out with a very dark, almost Quake-style lighting, tight Dusk tunnels with weird & sinsiter stuff goings on. It won't be a practical space at all, and definitely some monster closets :smiling_imp:

Attached File(s)

User is offline   SPILL 

I have found that using a high contrast for lighting creates the best effects. Especially with high resolutions in GDX. Looking forward to playing this.

User is offline   daMann 

#screenshotFriday

Made some volumetric lighting tiles (I guess that's what the kids call it) to help with some mood lighting. In Blood, the mood we are looking for is creepy/foreboding, right?! :D

If you aren't in the Discord for Blood, you should be, but in Duke4 and Blood discords I've shared those sprites for you guys to have.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by daMann: 12 October 2018 - 07:24 AM

User is offline   VGA 

Wow the Build engine was the best pseudo-3D technology available and its Blood fork is the ultimate incarnation! So versatile :D

Crazy what is possible on the original unmodified code.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options