• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trequonia mod [RELEASED]  "Downloadable link."

User is offline   Polunka 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 02 September 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

4_ Attachment duke0002.png
In the 4th level (Big City) there is one outrageously tall chair O_o However I don't remember it being this tall on my first playthrough ... there must be something weird >_> Can't remember what building it is though :)

I also wanted to report that weird extreme size increase (it happened on my first playthrough to a spike in the underground maze in Secret Arctic Forest as well as to a little green flashing light in Storing Sectors) but while getting by those points the second time those sprites were perfectly normal in size. This abnormality seems an engine-inherent glitch randomly occuring due to some minor errors in map loading.

Also, for Zaxtor: there's one (and only) false secret in Trequonia's Destruction (E4L20.map). I can't seem to get the sector's number but you could just seek it by lotag search (32767).

And I think I've found out which levels the armor-regen doesn't seem to work at (it happened to me on both playthroughs). Could you please pm me the console command which gives the self-repairing armor (no matter what the armor level is) so that I could run some more thorough tests?

This post has been edited by Polunka: 02 September 2017 - 06:29 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Polunka
Boss slayer item vanishes after you beat a level, is a one level item.
In another level is a slayer for a different boss.
Boss stayer item stays even if boss of level dies, then disappears when you beat the level.

I Never had issues with hyperdimensional liz man, they move really fast so further some1 is from explosion, less damage they get.
Maybe when you exploded them at the time explosion triggers they were too far.
Even I have trouble with particle gun because at the time particle "nukes" they are out of the blast.

I usually throw the particle, small particles spreads, risk myself to lure one that is close into it and while it explodes they get damage.

They are immune to weapon 7A.

Pipebomb enhancer "enhanced pipebomb" kills them in 1-2 shot mostly.

Boss2 (u mean boss3 he's called) cus boss2 is the (morphling hyena thing)
Chases you fast, he attacks you with weaps sometimes.
He takes lots and lots of hits.

He constantly attacks.
If you get near him you will be clawed to death by him.

Is those type of mob that is run run, shoot run run etc.

TheDragonLiner
1, As for pic one, I found the problem, is 2 touchplates issues.
I removed one and prob is solved for V2.
Couldn't find it earlier cus never encountered it.

Door opens once you press switch,
Slams shut when you goto boss.
Opens (stays open forever) when boss dies.

Yes is a palette issues
I can try the nopallete thing which will make keycard like atomic healths, uneffected by sector pal.

Never seen that bug in my life
Tried few times, the distance you were I can't press it.
I ducked pressed it etc etc etc,
Guess is a random "engine core" bug.

The tall chair maybe is an other engine core bug etc, random rare bug onetime bug etc.

Guess is another engine core bug.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 02 September 2017 - 07:50 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 02 September 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

Polunka
Boss stayer item stays even if boss of level dies, then disappears when you beat the level.

What I was implying is that the Boss Slayer Found picture in the hud doesn't disappear upon beating the level starting with level 10. Say, I beat level 9 with the boss slayer found, then upon starting level 10 the message stays on and never disappears till the end of the game. I know it's a really minor thing but would still be good to polish this.

Also, read my last post, I have some other messages for you (in case you've not read it yet, and if you have and is typing another post, then I'm sorry about typing useless shit).

This post has been edited by Polunka: 02 September 2017 - 08:16 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

So you say the slayer item below the small alt bar doesn't go even as you beat level 10?

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 02 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 02 September 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

So you say the item below the small alt bar doesn't go even as you beat level 10?

Yep, and it stays so till the end of the game. And a correction: *as you beat level 9.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 02 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Must have forgot to put "Set var 0 at the end"
I put it so it is fixed, thx for the report.

So I've run some further investigation on the self-repairing armor problem. For some reason it refuses to work at level 8 and level 11. Something related to coding, I guess. Whether or not to try and diagnose (and maybe fix) the problem is your choice. It's not that much of a prolem tho.

Also, there's a false secret in Trequonia's Destruction (E4L20.map). That's actually the only secret on that level, and I don't think there should be any secrets whatsoever since it's a cutscene.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 02 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

level 8 is fixed for next release.
Lv11 armor regen also was fixed.

Destruction level "secret" can't seem to find it tho.
i will keep on lookin

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 02 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

View PostZaxtor, on 02 September 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

Destruction level "secret" can't seem to find it tho.
i will keep on lookin

Try using ALT+F7 (in 2D mode). This is the search-sector-by-lotag keyboard command. Use [ and ] to search back/forth.

EDIT: I've managed to get the sectnum: 1905. Use '+J in 2D mode to jump to the sector (in case you're unaware of this command).

This post has been edited by Polunka: 02 September 2017 - 09:31 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Found it,
thx

I have a weird bug with the Bridge Maker ...

I have finally managed to get it and tested it to go find a secret switch and then I turned it OFF, then I backtracked and went through one of the boss's areas and got the messages telling that the pack doesn't work and then works again (all that while I had it turned OFF). However now the Bridge Maker is always ON, no matter I turn it off or on it will always create bridges O_o

I believe if I go in a boss area with it turned ON in the menu and exit the place it may work again but I haven't got the occasion to test that yet ...
It's kinda bad because I can't use it on enemies anymore since it will stop making those small powerful explosions >_>

I should also add that there is a sever hit detection problem with the dragon boss of the Secret Sector level, the dragon with no armor on its head, its eyes are VERY hard to hit with hitscan weapons, half of the shots go through it and hit the wall instead :/

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 03 September 2017 - 01:16 AM

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 03 September 2017 - 01:07 AM, said:

I have finally managed to get it and tested it to go find a secret switch and then I turned it OFF, then I backtracked and went through one of the boss's areas and got the messages telling that the pack doesn't work and then works again (all that while I had it turned OFF). However now the Bridge Maker is always ON, no matter I turn it off or on it will always create bridges O_o

Read it closer: WEAPON 7B ENHANCE-PK DAMAGE. What you switch on/off via the enhancer menu are actually the radical particles themselves. The bridge-making function always stays on.

Don't worry about it, bridges don't really make for an obstacle if you use this weapon as... well, a weapon, to hurt baddies.

Tho I think it'd be much better if we were able to fully alter the way the gun works (say, one state activates the bridge-making function and disables damaging particles while the other one does exactly opposite).

Also:

I should also add that there is a sever hit detection problem with the dragon boss of the Secret Sector level, the dragon with no armor on its head, its eyes are VERY hard to hit with hitscan weapons, half of the shots go through it and hit the wall instead :/

You actually gotta shoot it in the eyes on every encounter after the first one. That's why there're 2 boss health bars. You can also destroy one of its eyes before the last encounter so as to ease the following battles or even (which I'm not sure about since I've never achieved this) defeat it whatsoever without provoking any further encounters.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 03 September 2017 - 03:55 AM

Zaxtor, could you explain please what does this "X4 Black Screen" mean (see the attachment)?

Could this be related to the third secret in Akrozis C500's Core Area (since I've not found it yet)?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0017.png

User is offline   Zaxtor 

It activates later when you escape the ship.
x4 means it can be pressed 4 times (4 cameras)

View PostPolunka, on 03 September 2017 - 03:03 AM, said:

Read it closer: WEAPON 7B ENHANCE-PK DAMAGE. What you switch on/off via the enhancer menu are actually the radical particles themselves. The bridge-making function always stays on.

Don't worry about it, bridges don't really make for an obstacle if you use this weapon as... well, a weapon, to hurt baddies.

Tho I think it'd be much better if we were able to fully alter the way the gun works (say, one state activates the bridge-making function and disables damaging particles while the other one does exactly opposite).

Also:

You actually gotta shoot it in the eyes on every encounter after the first one. That's why there're 2 boss health bars. You can also destroy one of its eyes before the last encounter so as to ease the following battles or even (which I'm not sure about since I've never achieved this) defeat it whatsoever without provoking any further encounters.

Well the sign was too hard for me to read with all the scratches on it, thanks for the indication >_>

For the dragon I KNOW we got to hit it's eyes and it's precisely what's troublesome, the hit detection on those is outrageously hard, I can sometimes have multiple shotgun shots hit it and there are other times where I can shoot 10 times at it and not hit it while aiming the same >_<
If I had taken a screenshot you would have seen tons of impacts on the wall behind its eyes :/

View PostZaxtor, on 03 September 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

It activates later when you escape the ship.
x4 means it can be pressed 4 times (4 cameras)

Oh, I didn't notice it on my first playthrough (most likely because I was hurrying to escape the mothership). And it's not related to the secret. Damn, I've looked literally everywhere, and still no result. Also, for some reason 2 of 3 secrets at that level can't be found via lotag search in Mapster (which means they don't have the 32767 lotag). I guess you must've implemented some custom lotags (or sector effectors) of yours specifically to create some secret areas.

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 03 September 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

For the dragon I KNOW we got to hit it's eyes and it's precisely what's troublesome, the hit detection on those is outrageously hard, I can sometimes have multiple shotgun shots hit it and there are other times where I can shoot 10 times at it and not hit it while aiming the same >_<
If I had taken a screenshot you would have seen tons of impacts on the wall behind its eyes :/

Well, same in my case. But I think it may've been made so on purpose.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 03 September 2017 - 05:57 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

There are some secret room triggering effector.
For small secret area in the air inside the same sector.
Is a "radius based secret triggerer"

Ill check if they're not false secrets.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Which level you can't find the secret.

I'm in Section 1 (Military Bases) in the piston area, about to reach the Power Glove boss and I got a weird thing impeaching me from going in O_o

Attached Image: duke0000.png

It wasn't there on my first playthrough ... did I forget to do something or is this a bug ?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

You must destroy that corelike thing to disable this thing I believe.
In lv6.

Is not a bug, you must have forgot to blow up that huge core-like thing

View PostZaxtor, on 03 September 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

In lv6.

Is not a bug, you must have forgot to blow up that huge core-like thing

Where is that ?

I don't remember finding any core looking thing in the level O_o

User is offline   Zaxtor 

That huge thing you can't miss it in level 6.
You pass by it several times in the progress of the level.
It has blue-cyan fusion, big red lights etc.
You enter the thing from its top by a away, not too far from the other side of the room that infected you with a pathogen etc.
You enter it.
Hack its computer and then it destabalize and explodes etc.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 03 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostZaxtor, on 03 September 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

Oh, so that's what happens when you destroy the power core. I thought it was supposed to open
Spoiler

View PostZaxtor, on 03 September 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

That huge thing you can't miss it in level 6.
You pass by it several times in the progress of the level.
It has blue-cyan fusion, big red lights etc.
You enter the thing from its top by a away, not too far from the other side of the room that infected you with a pathogen etc.
You enter it.
Hack its computer and then it destabalize and explodes etc.

Ah yes, it's all coming back now !!

It's all because of that room with the switch that unlocks the door toward the pistons, I had forgotten that there was another switch in the same room that will, in the end, allow access to the core. Thanks ^^

BTW I'm interested, How do you unlock the access to that "thing" Polunka mentioned (in the spoil) ? I know where is the door but I'd like to know how to unlock it >_> Please :) ?

User is offline   Jolteon 

I've just completed Trequonia yesterday. Overall, I really liked it. The levels had a nice design to them, and this mod does have a lot of cool features, and gimmicks as well. But of course the game play can be tedious at times, with it's difficulty, and confusing routes. But After playing Oblivion, I can expect that kind of stuff, so it is forgiven. I did had fun playing it. :)

Just a few things I'd like to point out:

Does the Security Camera have a Gas mask too?

Attached Image: duke0032.png

It's probably more Realistic if you think about it (Since you have a gas mask on when viewing the screen), But I'm not sure if it was intentional.

Attached Image: duke0034.png

Not really a glitch per say, but it is possible to get on top of the temporary bridges (At least on some of them anyways) that appears when pressing the doom like switches in the Core level, as seen in the screenshot above.

Also I've spotted an exploit on the Snow white Lizard troopers (Or as they are officially called the Dread Lizard Trooper), It's possible for them to drop two Atomic Health, first by killing them normally (Preferably the Chaingun Cannon, if only because it prevents them from firing), which of course dropping the first Atomic Health, then blowing up their corpse with an explosive (Like a pipebomb), which will drop the second Atomic Health (This doesn't happen the the Enforcer types who drops Atomic Health as far as I'm aware of).

Also the two glitches that Polunka had reported earlier with the Shadow Enforcers being invincible, and the boss slayer found not disappearing on the hud after a certain level, had happened with me too.

For me with the Shadow Enforcers, it seems to happened mostly on the Core level (Level 11 I believe), and it happens randomly when They supposed to die, but came back invincible. I wasn't using Pipebombs though for I was using a Shotgun, and it still happened. But like I said, It happens randomly, and it only happened in the Core level at least for me anyways.

And with the Boss slayer found message not disappearing, it started doing that on level 10 as well. Despite that I haven't found it for those levels at all (Well I did manage to find the Boss slayer on level 10, but not on level 11 and afterwards but the message was still there).

But aside from all that, This mod is pretty cool. I will be looking forward to V2 when that comes out. :)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Well gas mask you wear it while looking at the view screen so it kinda partially block your vision.

As for temporarily energy bridge, you can jump and get on them.
It can be risky tho. as if you fail to reach the door or fail jump you can fall.

Yes is a trick to get 2 atomic health, was done on purpose.
Those things are very hard.

They can give 1-2 atomic health armor etc.

Boss slayer not vanishing in level 10 of level 9 was fixed for V2.

Shadow enforcer cannot be harmed with weapon 7A (maybe does extremely little dmg but no effect from nuke).
They cannot be crushed,
They have quite a bit of health.
I never had issues with them.'

level 11 boss have no slayer.
Devistator is best to hurt it.

Like powerglove devistator does more dmg than slayer.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 04 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

View PostZaxtor, on 04 September 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Shadow enforcer cannot be harmed with weapon 7A (maybe does extremely little dmg but no effect from nuke).
They cannot be crushed,

I didn't have any trouble with Shadow Lizards either, I always fight them with the chaingun, this way I can have them stuck into firing and can dodge and aim easily (as long as the place isn't too cramped up). I never tried using explosives though >_> Also I think that i won't encounter them anymore because I have just found and completed the "Out Of This Dimension Level" ...

All that torture for an Invincibility Orb and reset loadout YIKES ! At least Steel Mill provides the missing things quite fast ... Although I'd say there's an issue >> No Protective Boots !! It's probably the level in which they are the most important and playing through that weird dimension level makes you continue without those which is a bit silly IMO :/

BTW, when I'll reach The Core again, no matter if I'm still stuck or not I think I will start making my in-depth feedback I told about in the beginning along with one final playthrough ^^

User is offline   Jolteon 

Yes is a trick to get 2 atomic health, was done on purpose.
Those things are very hard.

They can give 1-2 atomic health armor etc.

So They can drop two on purpose then? I thought It was a oversight at first. Guess I was mistaken. :)

They cannot be crushed,

I should've described the bug bit more. I wasn't really using the weapon 7A against them (Sometimes I do but forgetting it has no effect with the message saying so), I was mostly using the shotgun, and explosives. But the thing is, They do play their dying animation, but sometimes when they do, they might spawn another Shadow Enforcer, which that one is invincible.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

When it has effect it explodes and makes the nuking explosion.
if it makes like you shoot a wall etc.
it has very little-to-no effect.

User is offline   Hank 

intermission
Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options