Duke4.net Forums: Trequonia mod [RELEASED] - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trequonia mod [RELEASED]  "Downloadable link."

Sorry double post.

I have a question >> Where do you get the clue for the password for the Core's gate ?

Because YES I finally went through that level BUT I had to dnclip through a door (the one with a liztrooper on my screenshots) and from here on I've been able to do absolutely everything ! Even the door with a pigcop in my screens got unlocked in the process :/

Now I'm at the core's gate and I haven't seen anything about the password >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Very easy.
You find something on the floor that has it written on.
pass word is same name.

View PostZaxtor, on 07 September 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

Very easy.
You find something on the floor that has it written on.
pass word is same name.

Really O_o !?

Wow I thought it was just here as in "hey it's just a panel that fell down that's all" >_>

Thanks ^^

BTW Since I managed to go through the level from the first yellow door (the one under the bridge in the hub) this means that I suggest you should verify that door because, as I said, it will never unlock; I know I'm getting annoying with that but now I understood that it is the only door that creates all the getting-stuck shenanigan :/

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I can play it and examine.
I played it before, no issues but just as a fail-safe.

was busy with new comp, moving stuff to new comp, getting EVGA 1050ti video card workin etc.

View PostZaxtor, on 07 September 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

I can play it and examine.
I played it before, no issues but just as a fail-safe.

was busy with new comp, moving stuff to new comp, getting EVGA 1050ti video card workin etc.

Okay O_o

BTW I am stuck at the Mothership level XD

I have pressed this switch > Attached Image: duke0000.png

A few pigcops seem to have spawned somewhere but I don't see anything special >_>

Where must I go next please ? ^^

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Which part of the ship is located, ship is huge (to make it faster)

View PostZaxtor, on 07 September 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Which part of the ship is located, ship is huge (to make it faster)

I didn't understood but This switch is in the beginning part behind the square door in the middle, and there's a weird blue tower/core like structure and pressing the switch seem to activate yellow shields around it ...

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Warp core.
You must turn on the switch.
Then you go up and you dump the core. (kinda like star trek voyager)
Before you dump the core make sure the shield is on.

Downstairs switch, Control room to the part u dump the core.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 07 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

So I have reached the final boss, and it glitched out >_>

Basically during the phase where it's disappearing and reappearing with an orb with weird symbols you have to shoot, at some point it reappeared but without the orb and so it just stood there doing nothing and being impossible to harm ... I'm stuck since the fight lasts for a billion years I saved during the fight and it was too late when I realized it was a bug :)

Anyway now for the coming week-ends I will start one FINAL playthrough with which I will start making my detailed feedback I said I would do, just hoping College won't impede me too much :/

User is offline   Zaxtor 

You shoot the symbols.
is like a slot machine,
Boss in its final phase you shoot symbol.
is kinda like Super Contra 3.

When the boss did not spawn symbol was it transparent form or solid form?
I fought it several time and no bugs.

Maybe was a random hicups.

View PostZaxtor, on 08 September 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

You shoot the symbols.
is like a slot machine,
Boss in its final phase you shoot symbol.
is kinda like Super Contra 3.

When the boss did not spawn symbol was it transparent form or solid form?
I fought it several time and no bugs.

Maybe was a random hicups.

It remained transparent with no "ball of symbols" hence why I was 100% stuck >_>

The fight was carrying on normally and I was getting the hang of it and even managed to turn a few things to my advantage (making the boss hurt itself and spawn atomic healths) and at some point when it disappeared and reappeared it remained transparent and motionless.

Usually when it reappears it remains into place and spawns its ball with symbols but this time it moved a small bit as if to follow me but stopped and remained motionless with no ball and transparent. I waited some 15minutes and still nothing happened ...

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I put a failsafe code, kinda like some other boss for V2.

That if it "sets a var" as soon it brainwarps has a timer of 888.
brainwarp and orb spawning takes about 700 timer (ifcount) total.

so when the orb spawns it undo the var.

if it doesn't spawn orb for about >6 seconds in transparent form.
it will forcefully become solidform (without spawning orb) but shooting a projectile.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 08 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Same bug as those red ancient guardian bosses was fixed before release of mod..
Spoiler

View PostZaxtor, on 08 September 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

I put a failsafe code, kinda like some other boss for V2.

That if it "sets a var" as soon it brainwarps has a timer of 888.
brainwarp and orb spawning takes about 700 timer (ifcount) total.

so when the orb spawns it undo the var.

if it doesn't spawn orb for about >6 seconds in transparent form.
it will forcefully become solidform (without spawning orb) but shooting a projectile.

Very nice :)

BTW I don't know if it's a potential bug or not but still with that boss in "orb with symbols" phase at some point, a few minutes earlier than the bug I reported, the boss happened to disappear and I had to wait quite a while, something like 2 minutes, before it finally reappeared and resumed normal behavior.
It doesn't look like it can disappear forever but I can tell I was afraid of it never coming back when it happened >_>

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I think disappearing time is little randomized.
It appears random areas, very rarely same spot.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 08 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

User is offline   TheCultist 

Can someone help me on the first level? I did pretty much everything I could, and I'm stuck here, I don't know what I'm supposed to do now:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

View PostTheCultist, on 09 September 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

Can someone help me on the first level? I did pretty much everything I could, and I'm stuck here, I don't know what I'm supposed to do now:

There's nothing with this building, I found all the secrets and none of them involved that building.

What is the last thing you did ?

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 09 September 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

There's nothing with this building, I found all the secrets and none of them involved that building.

What is the last thing you did ?

Well not sure but I went inside a building when you can go down many floors or up, found the elevator keycard or something, finally I ended up outside again. As you can see from my kill count I killed pretty much everyone inside as well. I did not find any glass to break as someone mentioned in a post in this topic. I'm stuck in this place (second picture) https://forums.duke4...post__p__285568
I also found the place where there's a trap and you can fall down if you don't jump when you're going up that mountain.
One more thing, there are 2(?) places in this snowy forest protected by red forcefields and I can't pass through.

This post has been edited by TheCultist: 09 September 2017 - 02:45 AM

View PostTheCultist, on 09 September 2017 - 02:31 AM, said:

Well not sure but I went inside a building when you can go down many floors or up, found the elevator keycard or something, finally I ended up outside again. As you can see from my kill count I killed pretty much everyone inside as well. I did not find any glass to break as someone mentioned in a post in this topic. I'm stuck in the place (second picture) https://forums.duke4...post__p__285568
I also found the place where there's a trap and you can fall down if you don't jump when you're going up that mountain.
One more thing, there are 2(?) places in this snowy forest protected by red forcefields and I can't pass through.

Well you missed the switch indeed. You must go back into the building the mention and go to the top where you found the elevator's key and you will have to look on the left of the video screen there will be a glass with a big round red button. Hit the glass with your claw and use the button.

The shields will be lowered and you will be able to proceed.

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 09 September 2017 - 02:34 AM, said:

Well you missed the switch indeed. You must go back into the building the mention and go to the top where you found the elevator's key and you will have to look on the left of the video screen there will be a glass with a big round red button. Hit the glass with your claw and use the button.

The shields will be lowered and you will be able to proceed.

Well there's only one slight problem: I have no idea where is this building. Maybe there's no way to go back, or did I just miss it? I looked around but I can't seem to find it.

View PostTheCultist, on 09 September 2017 - 02:44 AM, said:

Well there's only one slight problem: I have no idea where is this building. Maybe there's no way to go back, or did I just miss it? I looked around but I can't seem to find it.

You go to the place of the second screenshot from the post you mentioned earlier and fall down in the hole at the center of that building (before the glass bridge we see in the screen) and then you go up to the top floor.
OR you can still go to the other building with a red automatic door which you come out of when you're done exploring that building, you'll just have to find the staircase again and go to the top like I told you earlier.

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 09 September 2017 - 02:56 AM, said:

You go to the place of the second screenshot from the post you mentioned earlier and fall down in the hole at the center of that building (before the glass bridge we see in the screen) and then you go up to the top floor.
OR you can still go to the other building with a red automatic door which you come out of when you're done exploring that building, you'll just have to find the staircase again and go to the top like I told you earlier.

There was no hole in the center of that building. but your second way worked.
I had to go down a little bit more than that building from the screenshot, jumped again over the trap and I found the red door. I've made it inside now, thank you for your help.
I found the missed switch this time, well I've found it before but only tried to hit it once or twice and nothing happened, so I moved on. Apparently I have to shoot it many times with a shotgun until it breaks.
The red forcefield (or shield as you call it) is now lowered indeed, I was able to get the red keycard from that place. I used it on the other place which used to be protected by a "shield", and hit the skull head to end the level. Jesus, it took me 39:11 (on Let's Rock difficulty) and that was only the first level. Again, thank you for your help.

This post has been edited by TheCultist: 09 September 2017 - 03:17 AM

View PostTheCultist, on 09 September 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

There was no hole in the center of that building. but your second way worked.
I had to go down a little bit more than that building from the screenshot, jumped again over the trap and I found the red door. I've made it inside now, thank you for your help.
I found the missed switch this time, well I've found it before but only tried to hit it once or twice and nothing happened, so I moved on. Apparently I have to shoot it many times with a shotgun until it breaks.
The red forcefield (or shield as you call it) is now lowered indeed, I was able to get the red keycard from that place. I used it on the other place which used to be protected by a "shield", and hit the skull head to end the level. Jesus, it took me 39:11 and that was only the first level. Again, thank you for your help.

Nice, and no problem ^_-

Also you didn't have to use the shotgun to break the glass, you could use your claw however the hit detection works only if you aim slightly more upward than normal and you must give quite a bunch of hits. I suggest you keep this in mind because there will be a future level with a yellow keycard inside a box written "guns cannot break the glass".

I'm at the second level now, I did the blue forcefields twice now (both at the door marked 5 and the secured area 6 door), it teleported me back at the blue fluid tubes so I guess I unlocked everything except the rocket launch thing (the one where you have to take the elevator to get up). Where should I go now?
I didn't get the spaceship key.

This post has been edited by TheCultist: 09 September 2017 - 07:23 AM

View PostTheCultist, on 09 September 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

I'm at the second level now, I did the blue forcefields twice now (both at the door marked 5 and the secured area 6 door), it teleported me back at the blue fluid tubes so I guess I unlocked everything except the rocket launch thing (the one where you have to take the elevator to get up). Where should I go now?

You'll have to be more accurate than that. Have you defeated the Wall Eyed-Chip Boss ?

Otherwise usually there's always a video screen showing you what you're going to unlock.

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 09 September 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

You'll have to be more accurate than that. Have you defeated the Wall Eyed-Chip Boss ?

Otherwise usually there's always a video screen showing you what you're going to unlock.

I defeated a boss but that was much earlier, after the whole fuse thing, is that the one you're talking about or is there more than 1 boss in level 2?
I'm here:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.png
  • Attached Image: duke0002.png
  • Attached Image: duke0003.png

View PostTheCultist, on 09 September 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

I defeated a boss but that was much earlier, after the whole fuse thing, is that the one you're talking about or is there more than 1 boss in level 2?
I'm here:

Well technically the switch of your first screen unlocks the door of your second screen. That door is located in the basement, it's a dark room with many floors you go downstairs to reach that door, This is the door that leads to the Eyed-Chip boss I mentioned. So technically that's all you have to do, go to that door defeat the boss, DON'T FORGET THE KEY, go back to the ship you mentioned earlier and finally backtrack to the small ship you came across way earlier in the level.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Once u defeat the eye boss to your right there is a key you take.
Then you go left and find blue key and open door, etc then (try to) reach space shuttle etc.

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 09 September 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

Well technically the switch of your first screen unlocks the door of your second screen. That door is located in the basement, it's a dark room with many floors you go downstairs to reach that door, This is the door that leads to the Eyed-Chip boss I mentioned. So technically that's all you have to do, go to that door defeat the boss, DON'T FORGET THE KEY, go back to the ship you mentioned earlier and finally backtrack to the small ship you came across way earlier in the level.

Thanks, found the boss, man that is a weird boss. Pipe bombs are absolutely needed, I wasted all my bullets before I found that out (if anyone is playing this level for the first time, make sure you have many pipe bombs AND many bullets). Got the key as well, good thing I pressed the use key right there on the right, I didn't see a thing. Ended up finishing the level in 69:09:29.

Hi everyone !

I believe it's time I start making the detailed feedback I told about at the beginning :)
Here though it will just be an Introduction, like some sort of first throw or impression you see ... Here we go !

Introduction:
------------------

So in overall the mechanics with special items (that show on the left of the screen) is kinda nice and functions really well. The only complain I would have about it is the fact that you have to press "use/open" everytime you want to pick them up and, even though it's not a big deal, one can easily forget about it and have problems. Especially since some of the special objects are flat sprites which can easily be missed if placed on tables or shelves.
As for Boss Slayer items it's also a nice addition that works quite well, some bosses become a cakewalk while some others become more bearable, for instance the Powerglove is quite hard without the slayer. Also, with a few exceptions, those items are easily identified in my opinion. Only problem is that it doesn't always inform you of what weapon is affected by the item and once you reach the Steel Mill the "Boss Slayer Found" message will remain active forever ...
Finally a quick mention of the Crystal Ball of Life, well the idea is interesting and its duration is quite good I believe it lasts 3 minutes and 20 seconds which is good. Although personally I don't have much use for it because of my gameplay style and the fact I find a lot of the atomic healths of the game so it never really does its job with me HOWEVER it's always a good safety to have whenever you're having a hard time avoiding attacks and are taking a beating then this thing is good to help you stay alive (along with allowing you to save on medkit use) and you can never spit on such things.

Now about the weapons. I'm always kinda sad when there's default DN3D guns but at least, contrary to Oblivion, we can have them different (will talk about it later). About the RPG it's weird that IMO we don't get much ammo for it, in overall (apart from boss rooms) we get more Devastator than RPG which is weird since the Devastator is really powerful, Also it still shoots rockets whereas the Trequonia site states that it's supposed to shoot laser rockets like in Oblivion (same for Devastator). Now the Slot 7 weapon is quite nice, I love its pick-up sprite, and it's an interesting mechanic to change the crystal inside it (it's too bad that we can't see the change on the sprite). So far I only got to use the default Pink gem which is already good, especially since you can spam enemies with it, and the Red gem which renders the weapon WAY more powerful and useful even though this time you can't spam enemies (a few shots will not apply the effect as long as the energy sphere is present). I can't mention the Cyan gem since I never found it in the current state of things :/. As for the alternate version I also like it a lot, very powerful and can hit lots of enemies at once although the only complain is how long it takes for the red balls to explode but timing does everything. Mention of the Devastator, it's nice to have the gameplay and power like in Oblivion back, and the new sound makes using it feel more powerful and satisfying than the Devistator from Oblivion, AND to top things up we get quite a lot of ammo for it in overall ! Still weird that the Trequonia site states it shoots laser rockets while in-game it still shoots rockets but that's just details ... Quick mention of the new kind of explosion of TripBombs, it clearly makes them more useful than in vanilla gameplay and also less broken or abusive than the Sonic TripBoms of Oblivion. However I don't know why but I almost never get to use them, also despite their power it still feels a bit underpowered against special enemies like the Grey Enforcers for instance. Lastly the UEPB-8000 ... YES, YES, FREAKING YES. I love that weapon :) It's exactly the same as some of AMC weapons but even more abused >> not practical to use because of the charging time and how easily you can kill yourself with it but damn it's so powerful and satisfying to use, it's pretty much like a "portable-rechargeable-SmartBomb Launcher" and I definitely approve ! Also it sounds nice and satisfying. Finally it's weird but its pick-up sprite makes it look like the gun's chassis/body is based on a 1911's >_>
Also it's nice that the melee attack does more damage than normal, I tend to use it from time to time even though I don't necessarily need to save ammo, just sad that we can't have "quick-kick" to work but I guess it's disposable ...

As for "add-ons" and such, so far I haven't found the "Orb of Power" and "Level 3 Self-Repairing-Armor". Self-Repair Armor may sound gadget like since we get armor quite often in the game but sometimes you can take so much of a beating that having Lv1 and especially Lv2 is kinda useful since it's almost like a permanent damage reduction from enemies and trust me in that game it's something you don't want to spit on ! The level you find Lv1 on may be tedious to navigate but JUST for that it's totally worth it if you ask me (it's exactly what I thought when I found it for the first time along with its level "Just for that it was worth the trouble"). Then about the "Bridge Maker", as I call it, it works very well and it's quite a powerful item to get ! Once again, the level you find it in may be hard to find and navigate but in the end it's TOTALLY worth the trouble, maybe even more than Lv1 self-repair armor.The ability to create a, potentially super long, bridge can totally negate certain difficulties like "phasing platforms" or "Elevating platforms" and such. And it also allows to find A LOT of secrets, many of which are just ammo and atomic health but some allow to find other special items such as the Red Gem for instance. Only complain is that it permanently renders the weapon less practical to use against enemies since it temporarily creates obstacles, to tell you the truth once I reached Steel Mill I never used it as a weapon ever again. Now about weapon add-ons I got the chance to test them all and 1_ Pistol add-on is quite useful since it renders the pistol more efficient than without it just because of the given damage output and beefy sound, only downside is that you loose the ability to hit enemies from insane range with autoaim but once you reach Steel Mill it's no longer that useful especially because of the mild default damage. 2_ Shotgun add-on is quite useful as well, it makes most enemies and special enemies easier to fight thanks to the added damage and possibility to harm multiple enemies way more easily than with default shots. It also kinda improves the gun's effective range, and it can also fairly decently replace pipebombs if you don't find the add-on for them. It's also nice that the nuking effect doesn't trigger if we're too close BUT know that it's still possible to harm yourself if you close in on an enemy while the effect is occurring. 3_ Chaingun add-on is marvelously satisfying to use with it's ROF, sound and power even though ammo consumption becomes hard as hell to manage, personally I use it ONLY against bosses with maximal ammo count, otherwise I always feel like I'm wasting ammo especially since you get ammo for it NOT as often as for the shotgun. 4_ PipeBomb enhencement is quite nice as well, surely they're more dangerous to use but in the late game it's VERY useful since it can oneshot a Grey Enforcer and clear a room more easily. The default PipeBomb becomes really underpowered half-way through the game so that add-on is WIN. 5_ RPG/Devastator enhancement, well it's just the same thing basically although it doesn't render them more powerful, it's the only complain. Because although the Devastator remains well-balanced all along the game, the RPG however becomes a bit underpowered at some point and this add-on (unlike the PipeBomb one) doesn't help it :/ 6_ RPG/Devastator alterer is quite interesting to use ... very dangerous but quite useful since THIS however, unlike the previous add-on, is a clear power upgrade even though it's just indirect, "post-attack" damage. Also if you don't have the previous enhancement it kinda has a similar effect although it's WAY easier to hurt yourself with it.
Only ""complain"" about those add-ons is the fact that they don't visually affect the weapons but that's minor detail. (Like for instance we could see the Chaingun's enhancement chip inserted somewhere on the gun)

Now about CPU phases. I kinda like those for their originality, even though it always reminds me of AMC's VR hacking phases but more developed and expanded. Sometimes it almost feels like a small "puzzle-mini-game" based on timing your moves and orientation, that is if there's no freaking CPU trooper that follow you inside (level 4 ftw >_>). The hazards are okay in overall. My only complaints go towards Red Squares and Color-Changing Tiles. Red Squares just because I always disliked mandatory damage taking, especially when avoiding the damage is based on pure luck. At least when can neutralize them with special tiles but it's always too late IMO, the damage have already been done. And Color-Changing Tiles because of the fact yellow slows you down too much to my taste and then when it's red you're stuck for quite a while and for too long IMO (especially when a freaking CPU trooper followed you >_<). I HAVE A QUESTION though ... once or twice in the game when you solve a CPU phase you will get a message "This CPU doesn't provide useful services" or "Trash Data is useless) ... What does it mean ? Is it REALLY useless ? (a waste of time) or Does it mean we used it too soon ? or maybe it really does something but "elusively" ? In anycase, all things considered it's still a nice addition and kind of a breath of fresh air, """"relaxing""" moment whenever it happens.

Finally I like reuniting with the Made-In-Zaxtor feature of having enemies spawn to guide you to the next place, have symbols or numbers above doors and such just like in Oblivion but in a more balanced and exploitable way. Also the pattern of door colors is a nice plus Especially because the same pattern applies ALL THE TIME and it is this stability of the pattern that I like, If the pattern had changed in certain levels (like for instance Blue Door being locked while they're usually ALWAYS open) it would have been less appreciated. Only complain is THE CORE's freaking yellow doors not opening >_<

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options