User is offline   Zaxtor 

PS the mod's site incase you missed it
http://www.zaxtor.ne...ntrancePage.htm

User is offline   Hank 

One of the little beauties
Posted Image

Looks like I'm trapped?
Posted Image

I'm too stupid to find the exit, so hopefully next weekend I'll crack this.

User is offline   Polunka 

Whew, just finished the first secret level. That was helluva journey! Took me over 70 minutes (and I didn't even find all the secrets; 8 out of 11).
Spoiler

But I still managed to get
Spoiler

Man, I just love the way you design these maze-like landscapes full of neat secret-hiding nooks and crannies.

Maybe I should once more play through Oblivion and try and find as many secret routes as possible. Also, I'll definitely replay this mod in the future after finishing it this time.

You've also added some really nice gameplay mechanics (like environmental damage from heat and frost). Not to mention the addon system.

Btw, I've got 2 small questions:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Polunka: 20 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Congratz u passed one of the hardest quest

btw
UEPB-8000 is not in the level but ammo are.
Ammo are pretty rare in most of the game so finding some is almost a blessing.

Gun is found little later as you reach surface of the Trequonia

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Page on "Other items" on the Mod's site was opened.
It explains the second inventory box opened by PageDown, armors and others.

Sorry for an empty post (this one). Originally it was just a copy of my last post (was trying to edit that one).

This post has been edited by Polunka: 21 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

One I tried to edit my post to uploade link and I "quote myself" I was like wtf D:DDDDDd

User is offline   BestViking 

Congratulations on the release!

I'm stuck in the second level. I'm told to find dynamites and fuses, but they are nowhere to be found. I've been inside the little shack, but they're obviously not there and I've searched around the lake and everywhere on the map that I can go.

I think it would be helpful if you add a section on your site with hints for each level. I remember these situations from Oblivion too. Some of these puzzles are almost impossible to figure out unless you were the one creating them.

I really liked the first level though.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Dynamite are inside the storage cabin near the shack.

yes I can add that.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 22 August 2017 - 03:54 AM

View PostBestViking, on 22 August 2017 - 02:39 AM, said:

I'm stuck in the second level. I'm told to find dynamites and fuses...

Spoiler

P.S.: I have a slight feeeling of this info being redundant anymore...

This post has been edited by Polunka: 22 August 2017 - 06:18 AM

View PostPolunka, on 22 August 2017 - 06:16 AM, said:

Spoiler

P.S.: I have a slight feeeling of this info being redundant anymore...

Thank you! That was what I was looking for.

EDIT: Another problem, although not completely game breaking is the fact that mouse look doesn't work. I deleted the cfg and messed around in the options, but mouse is still dead.

I've been playing Duke on and off since it was released, so I don't have a problem with the standard keyboard only setup. But in this mod the problem is that the page up/page down keys which are used to reset the vertical position are used for other things. That becomes a problem in those instances when you have to look around.

I don't know if the mouse look is a problem particular to this mod, or to the current eduke. I've been away for too long and recently became interested again when this mod was released, so I'm pretty much a blank slate again when it comes to knowledge of how this works.

All issues aside, I'm glad to see this released as I'm a huge fan of Oblivion. Can't wait to see what else this mod has to offer :)

This post has been edited by BestViking: 22 August 2017 - 07:29 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Ran some test.
I deleted eduke32 cfg and duke cfg and loaded Duke
Re-setting stuff (such as setting resolution when start the BAT file and my mouse aiming works fine when I press 'U'

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 22 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

Deleting the CFGs did the trick. It is now working optimally. Thanks!

User is offline   Zaxtor 

np

I have no idea how you've managed to put together these multiple story buildings with sector over sector and apparently no glitches. Multiple levels of sprite floors too. The only downside is the minimap becomes pretty much useless in those parts, and that makes it easy to get lost. I've defeated the wall boss in level 2 and now I have no idea what to do next. Grabbed a keycard and was teleported. No clue from here.

I think that's one of the few weaknesses of your levels. Other than that it's a blast to play and enjoy the sights of your creations.

I really liked the part with the plasma pool and that one switch where you have to jump from these hanging steel blocks suspended in chains.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Minimap (top view map) probably get overwhelmed by it.

I do tricks.
City building with a radio station is probably the most complicated building I've ever made soo far.
has like 4 floors in lv4.

Launching bay base is also another very complicated in lv2

For lv2 did you make sure you took the spaceship key right after the door of the boss room exit.?

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 22 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

User is offline   Jolteon 

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 22 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

check ur pm

I have another question: are boss slayers activated automatically or is there a key assignes to them?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Boss slayer are automatic.
It gives a message when you take them example let say it applies on weapon 3 (shotgun). Some applies on pistol and chaingun (2) (4) etc

I am progressively getting the mod to work although I still got one problem to solve >> Quick Kick doesn't work :/

I tried setting it on multiple keys both on keyboard and mouse and it never worked ...
Usually I set it either on Mouse 3 or Right Ctrl but I also tried on other keys and it never worked

Any idea ?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Doesn't have quick kick due to bug that doesn't lower ur weap when u claw and acts funny.
Player uses his hands to hold guns.
When u swap to weap 1. he can claw.
Claw does more damage than quickkick (of duke)
kills normal liztroop in 1 blow

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 23 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

View PostZaxtor, on 23 August 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

Doesn't have quick kick due to bug that doesn't lower ur weap when u claw and acts funny.
Player uses his hands to hold guns.
When u swap to weap 1. he can claw.
Claw does more damage than quickkick (of duke)
kills normal liztroop in 1 blow

Ah Okay I understand O_o
It will take a while to get used to it but it's way more feasible than dealing without mouse aiming ^^

BTW I got 2 non-glitch-related questions to ask :

1_ Are there any special keys or combination to memorize in order to use special items such as the orbs you had advertised ?

2_ Would you be interested if I tried making a semi-detailed level-per-level feedback just like I had done for AMC ^^ ?

I'm on trequonia surface and there are two access card slots, but I have not found a single card. Searched through the whole area. passed through the horizontal laser passageways too, but nothing past there either. Any hints?

By the way the cutscenes are nice! I'm getting a Kubrick vibe from some of the slow moving ships, landings etc. Very cool!

User is offline   Zaxtor 

There are special keys and etc, all those items appears on the screen's edge, vanishes when used (for most of them).
As for the one that doesn't vanish they vanishes when you finish level.

Yes feedback would be nice.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Best check ur pm

View PostZaxtor, on 23 August 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

There are special keys and etc, all those items appears on the screen's edge, vanishes when used (for most of them).
As for the one that doesn't vanish they vanishes when you finish level.

Yes feedback would be nice.

1_ Okay then what are the keys in question ? Or is there an indication of said keys ? ^^

2_ Okay then, though it won't be before some time (got to play the mod per say (instead of just testing) and get a real opinion that is neither too fanboyic nor too underwhelming >_>)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

level 4 will have those different keys, alongside normal keys

u take em and open let say diff lock kinda like AMC mod has diff type of keys,

Have just found the radial particle gun enhancer. Such a unique feature, gotta say! A whole new means of transportation throughout levels! I'm having a blast with it. Soon I'll start figuring out how to get other enhancers (if they're even on that level as well).

This post has been edited by Polunka: 23 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

User is offline   Hank 

wondering around
Posted Image

luckily there are so many bullets close by :)
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options