Duke4.net Forums: BloodGDX (News & Releases) - Duke4.net Forums

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   VGA 

Have you ever posted your workflow? How do you reverse, do you use the Dosbox debugger? And then recreate the game functions in Java and use eduke32 code as a c++ library or something for the rendering .... how does it all work?

Also, when it comes to Witchhaven or Tekwar, please don't go for an accurate recreation, those games are fucked up, noone wants those bugs :)

User is offline   TheXna 

View PostVGA, on 20 March 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Also, when it comes to Witchhaven or Tekwar, please don't go for an accurate recreation, those games are fucked up, noone wants those bugs :)

He could focus on the simple task by now, I don't see M210 doing personal fixes to Tekwar since it doesn't have major bugs and it's fully playable like Witchaven, the difference is that witchaven bugs Affects a lot in the core gameplay (Combat, Platforming, Sound ambience problems and music loop glitches too! And there's is some fatal crashes in the GDX port!) , Tekwar is really easy to pass through! and almost no one cares about Tekwar!, Witchaven already has a patch by Ettingrinder, which is a pretty good patch overall! I hope that M210 Includes EGWhaven Patches for this port, cause it would fix a lot!

This post has been edited by TheXna: 20 March 2018 - 04:19 PM

User is offline   SPILL 

M210, could you add an optional feature that will allow us to play the alternate version of the credits? It would be amazing to finally utilize this!

However this particular cutscene is a AVI file type. I'm not sure if this can be supported.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostVGA, on 20 March 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Have you ever posted your workflow? How do you reverse, do you use the Dosbox debugger? And then recreate the game functions in Java and use eduke32 code as a c++ library or something for the rendering .... how does it all work?

No, I never posted my works, because it will take a lot of memory, and this material will useful only for pragrammers whos know an assembler.

I'm not using Dosbox debugger, it's useless app at all.

View PostSPILL, on 20 March 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

M210, could you add an optional feature that will allow us to play the alternate version of the credits? It would be amazing to finally utilize this!

What format has this credits? QAV or SMK? There isn't easier to make it as cutscene before monolith credits?
If this is a QAV format, I can make an option in INI-file

This post has been edited by M210: 21 March 2018 - 03:19 AM

User is offline   m210® 

https://youtu.be/9lHtccA7JHo
I synced blood02.dem file, it working without problem now :)
Btw, breakable wall had more one problem and on the last screenshot you can see, that it's not a same too.
So, it took almost one day to make this demo playing correctly. Comparing and reverse-engeenering is a very slow job.

User is offline   SPILL 

View PostM210, on 21 March 2018 - 03:16 AM, said:

What format has this credits? QAV or SMK? There isn't easier to make it as cutscene before monolith credits?
If this is a QAV format, I can make an option in INI-file

No unfortunately it is an AVI file type.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSPILL, on 21 March 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

No unfortunately it is an AVI file type.

I'm not sure, can I make avi support. And btw avi has a lot of codecs and each modder will use "own lovely codec", which I think bloodgdx will not support :) And as I think avi is a commercial format, there is hard to find library foe support it

This post has been edited by M210: 21 March 2018 - 06:50 AM

User is offline   Tekedon 

Someone with the smacker tools should be able to convert it to smk though. I don't have them anymore unfortuneatly.

According this table, you can turn an AVI into an SMK using the convertion feature of VLC mediaplayer.

http://conversionai....ssed-movie-file

Not sure if my memory serves me correct but I think you need it to be a specific version of smacker to get the smk files to work with Blood.
But maybe M210 could make it work anyway as long as it's smk.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 21 March 2018 - 07:24 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 21 March 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

Not sure if my memory serves me correct but I think you need it to be a specific version of smacker to get the smk files to work with Blood.
But maybe M210 could make it work anyway as long as it's smk.

My smk library should work with any formats (there is two versions and 4 video codecs as I remember)

This post has been edited by M210: 21 March 2018 - 07:52 AM

If the VLC method does not work, the Smacker tools can be downloaded from here: http://www.radgameto...com/smkdown.htm

Found on the Transfusion Blood forum, coincidentally.
http://forums.transf...wtopic.php?t=42

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 21 March 2018 - 08:09 AM

User is offline   m210® 

I made a last video with playing of official demo file

This demo also can't playing correctly without copy sorted array of rx-tx system from dosbox, because qsort algorithm has differents from Java's sort.

Good job! So what are you planning to get done until the next release?

User is offline   m210® 

I don't know...I will comparing all my broken demos at first

This post has been edited by M210: 22 March 2018 - 07:15 PM

User is offline   m210® 

I ported watcom's qsort method. So, all of official demos from v1.21 playing correctly now and at near future BloodGDX will playing all of Blood's demos :)

This post has been edited by M210: 25 March 2018 - 11:58 AM

User is offline   TheXna 

View PostM210, on 25 March 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

I ported watcom's qsort method. So, all of official demos from v1.21 playing correctly now and at near future BloodGDX will playing all of Blood's demos :)

Good stuff as always M210! Keep it up!

User is online   Phredreeke 

will demo compatibility help with replicating monster behavior?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostPhredreeke, on 25 March 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

I'm curious about this too. What good demo playback will do when it comes to the port overall apart from the obvious nostalgia factor of "yay, demo playback"? :)

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 25 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostM210, on 22 March 2018 - 04:07 AM, said:

I made a last video with playing of official demo file

This demo also can't playing correctly without copy sorted array of rx-tx system from dosbox, because qsort algorithm has differents from Java's sort.

These demo videos give a good idea of how the colours are not quite right compared to the DOS version, is that being worked on?

User is offline   m210® 

Of cource :) This is a my main target to get it works.

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostZaxx, on 25 March 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

I'm curious about this too. What good demo playback will do when it comes to the port overall apart from the obvious nostalgia factor of "yay, demo playback"? :)

If you know how demos work in build engine, it becomes obvious that when BGDX is able to flawlessly play any demo from 1.21, it will be safe to say that it's 99% accurate to the original game it terms of gameplay and AI. So making demos play correctly is a huge deal.

View PostLunick, on 25 March 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

These demo videos give a good idea of how the colours are not quite right compared to the DOS version, is that being worked on?

It still uses opengl shading instead of shade tables, so the differences are expected. "Palette emulation" from eduke could solve the problem.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 25 March 2018 - 09:16 PM

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

So does this mean the more demos we "feed" BloodGDX, the better/ more acurate it gets?

User is offline   fgsfds 

Kinda. After the main problems with syncing are fixed in a test maps, it will make sense to simply record gameplay demos where you play like you normally would, and see if it works. At some point all the problems should be found and fixed.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 26 March 2018 - 04:07 AM

Would it be possible to add a flag to switch between Cerberus old and new AI?

In BloodGDX (current) and Blood 1.12 once you activate all the switches and the floors collapse in E3M7 he will run around in circles for a while.
In BloodCM and Blood 1.00 he will run towards you as soon as you approach him. This behaviour makes a lot more sense to me

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPhredreeke, on 26 March 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

I can't answer on your time at this time.

I synced a long demo file with e1m2 map today. So, at future BloodGDX will 100% as original :P

User is offline   SPILL 

That's incredible

User is offline   Ceekur 

View PostPhredreeke, on 26 March 2018 - 04:26 AM, said:

In BloodGDX (current) and Blood 1.12 once you activate all the switches and the floors collapse in E3M7 he will run around in circles for a while.
In BloodCM and Blood 1.00 he will run towards you as soon as you approach him. This behaviour makes a lot more sense to me

So a general toggle (perhaps a new menu option for each monster) with "retail AI" and "adjusted AI"? That could be a decent idea, and a compromise between original dev work, and subjective AI improvements. In the final release of Blood 1.21, I've experienced Cerberus doing the same thing in his pit. Even if it makes more sense to change his AI (or rather, remove this quirk), we probably should reach retail accuracy first.

I haven't done any comparisons with other monsters, Cerberus is just the one that sticks out.

Any cool news what is happening? How is the demo syncing coming along? :P

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options