• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   axl 

Impressive release indeed.

And I must say, I love the fact that, at the beginning of the map, you not only get to see the name of the map, but also the author of the map ! Great stuff. I'd love to see this feature in EDuke32 as well ;-)

This post has been edited by axl: 09 November 2017 - 12:51 PM

User is offline   J432 

View Postaxl, on 09 November 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

I love the fact that, at the beginning of the map, you not only get to see the name of the map, but also the author of the map

I would prefer handling this similarly as in statistics options:
show statistics: off, only on minimap, always show

Here could be:
map info on startup: off, map name, map and author name

Also I do not think that used font is ideal.

This post has been edited by J432: 12 November 2017 - 01:20 PM

User is offline   m210® 

I made new version with filemap fix for Linux.
And I made some fixes:

1. FileMap relative path fix for Linux
2. Sound/music not initializing crash protect
3. Underwater weapon change fix
4. XSector data signed -> unsigned (Crusher BloodLines E3M1 bug)

User is offline   m210® 

I made this today :D
It's not console yet, just info screen, but the next release will have console, I'm working on it now.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Ok. What font does it use? If it uses the font from the game's assets, would it be possible to disable texture scaling for the console only? (I currently have a "hack" on that, in that I store an 4x nearest neighbour upscale version of that font)

User is offline   m210® 

View PostPhredreeke, on 16 November 2017 - 04:04 AM, said:

Ok. What font does it use? If it uses the font from the game's assets, would it be possible to disable texture scaling for the console only? (I currently have a "hack" on that, in that I store an 4x nearest neighbour upscale version of that font)

Font drawing without scaling in console. And yes, this is a game's fonts (QFN in < v1.10 and ART files in >= v1.10

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by M210: 16 November 2017 - 06:22 AM

What I meant was disabling bilinear scaling of the font only. Having the option to display the console text at 2x or 3x or higher size would be very welcome.

User is offline   Manhs 

I have replayed BloodGDX with an expansion and it was delicious. The widescreen option is awesome!
I wanted just know, how goes multiplayer? Isnt too hard to make it M210? :3
Good luck!

This post has been edited by Manhs: 18 November 2017 - 09:33 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostManhs, on 18 November 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

I wanted just know, how goes multiplayer? Isnt too hard to make it M210? :3

I'm not start multiplayer yet, therefore I don't know

This post has been edited by M210: 18 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

Have you put any work into a updated mapedit? Even if it just had better resolution support for now would be nice. But I know It will come in time.

Anyway thanks for the amazing work you have put into BloodGDX!!!

User is offline   m210® 

As I said, I will start working on mapedit not earlier than I will finish my ports.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I will sound like a broken record but anyway... when is CD music coming? :D

I want this in the game again:

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 19 November 2017 - 02:50 AM

I'd honestly expect those to be the last two features you'd add, BTW the grandfather clock bug in the Siege is back.

Edit: Multiplayer and Mapedit I mean, not CD music.

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 19 November 2017 - 02:52 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostPhredreeke, on 19 November 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

I'd honestly expect those to be the last two features you'd add,

Yep, multiplayer and the map editor can wait, CD music should be the absolute priority. :D

Spoiler: I may like bloodbath better than the CD music. ;)

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 19 November 2017 - 02:53 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostZaxx, on 19 November 2017 - 02:48 AM, said:

when is CD music coming? :D

When I will have a mood to do it.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostM210, on 19 November 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

Oh no, that's a terrible answer! :D Hope you find the mood eventually, man, the MIDIs... I'm just fed up with them again. ;)

User is offline   SPILL 

I know most people are overlooking multiplayer and mapedit right now, but I think we are getting to point where we should actually start paying attention to these features. I believe multiplayer and mapedit will propel the Blood community even more so than GDX itself. Of course GDX had to happen first, but let's be honest -
we've all played this game a million times. Multiplayer adds a whole new refreshing, diverse, challenging, and social way to play this game. Something that has been extremely lacking for years now. Dosbox just isn't where it needs to be for online play. With double the variation in gameplay we have double the attracted audience.

And what about mapedit? This is non-negotiable the only tool other than GDX that is expanding onto this game right now. However, I believe Tekedon and myself are the only active mapeditors at this moment. And that is a sad fact that is killing this game. I praise Bloatoid for finding the time to create Death Wish. We all saw how much life that breathed into this game. All vanilla content too! I believe once mapedit is functioning without DosBox it will be less intimidating. I can also imagine once we remove the sector/wall limitations the complexity of new content will be amazing! Could you imagine the adventure of an open world level in Blood?

I know it will be implemented first, but pardon me if I don't really care for CD music :D

This post has been edited by SPILL: 19 November 2017 - 10:47 PM

User is offline   Devon 

View PostM210, on 19 November 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

I will totally donate more when we can use ogg/mp3/flac or anything to use the cd soundtrack.

Just saying ^^

User is offline   Manhs 

In a way, Multiplayer could be a BIG boost for the community, to play it more than just in SP.
coop and deathmatch! :D

This post has been edited by Manhs: 19 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

User is offline   TheXna 

Multiplayer its a must have, i suggest M210 to get some team or friends to work with, cause the project will get big.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostDevon, on 19 November 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

I will totally donate more when we can use ogg/mp3/flac or anything to use the cd soundtrack.

Yes, I know it, but I don't start it, because I working on BloodGDX in my workplace (I mean my real work) and my workplace is often noisy and has a lot of people near me...I can't make "game" noise or working in hearphones :D Therefore It's hard to work with sound system for BloodGDX.
Anyway I will start working very soon.

View PostTheXna, on 20 November 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

I suggest M210 to get some team or friends to work with, cause the project will get big.

I'm alone working on BloodGDX now, two months ago I lost contact with guy, who's worked on new Renderer, I don't know, when he can start work again.

User is offline   Killes 

I must agree sound is not such a priority compared to MP, but M210 might not have much motivation / too big a project to work on MP alone.

I guess though BloodGDX is now well known across blood/build communities and if someone with the know how and motivation to help with MP were around they would of announced themselves by now :/

Getting working multiplayer is a way bigger task than adding Ogg/FLAC support though.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

M210, did you use any of JFAudioLib or EDuke32's audiolib? I can't check for myself.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostHendricks266, on 20 November 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

M210, did you use any of JFAudioLib or EDuke32's audiolib? I can't check for myself.

No, because LWJGL support OpenAL only, therefore there is a some troubles with it.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostM210, on 20 November 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

No, because LWJGL support OpenAL only, therefore there is a some troubles with it.

Thanks for answering. What about jfmact?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostHendricks266, on 20 November 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Thanks for answering. What about jfmact?

Don't forget that I writing port on Java, I can't use some c++ libraries :D Btw, I don't know about MACT, what is it? (DirectInput?)

This post has been edited by M210: 20 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostM210, on 20 November 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

Btw, I don't know about MACT, what is it? (DirectInput?)

Yeah, MACT handles input. It includes the CONTROL_* family of functions, such as CONTROL_Startup.

User is offline   Manhs 

M210, i was curious, how much times can it takes to make the multiplayer? 6 month, 1 year? I know There is a lot of work to do for it but i wanted know
Im pretty it will be played, i saw some people who would prefer really play with GDX for mp than the dosbox port. (more because even with a good internet, dosbox can be not stable and weird)
A friend hosted a server not so far from me and i had like 0,9s of latency (around because i lagged A LOT). Maybe because we were a lot of players?...anyway, i hope it could be more stable with gdx :D

User is offline   Lunick 

I assume creating multiplayer would take a great amount of time and investment, especially without source code and making sure it works with modern networking protocols. I don't think M210 would be able to give an estimation of time of such an investment.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options