Duke4.net Forums: Blood Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood Voxel Pack

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Ok, fixed the link, it should go to the correct page now.

Cryptic Passage was fixed (although in a way which means you'll lose palette emulation for a handful of tiles only used in that expansion) It's possible that future efforts to mod Cryptic Passage will make the fix redundant (by moving its art beyond the range used by the beast)

User is offline   Morgаn 

Not sure at what point voxels got weird with Raze, but after recent updates this week (both Raze June dev builds and voxel pack from github) everything is messed up: sawblade instead flare box, chain instead TNT box etc. What's wrong with it? Some maphacks or Raze updates get changes?

UPD. Nblood works fine with voxels, same goes to Duke and Shadow Warrior with Raze. But not Blood with Raze for some reason.

This post has been edited by Morgаn: 05 June 2021 - 08:03 AM

User is offline   Dzierzan 

I just tested it using Raze 1.1.2 and this https://github.com/f...leases/tag/p11. Works fine.

User is offline   Morgаn 

View PostDzierzan, on 05 June 2021 - 08:18 AM, said:

I just tested it using Raze 1.1.2 and this https://github.com/f...leases/tag/p11. Works fine.

Yeah, 1.1.2 works fine. Bad dev build, I guess. I always use devbulds from drdteam, it's 1.1.0pre-197 now. Weird that github release from 23 days ago have highest version number and works better...

User is offline   Polunka 

Not sure if it's the correct thread to report this particular problem but I'm doing it here.

I downloaded the updated version of the pack recently and noticed you have added voxel models for some of the trees (and some adjacent stuff, like the tree stump thingy). The problem is, some of them are rendered incorrectly in BuildGDX when using Polymost renderer. Seems to happen only to 2 trees: the one that looks like a spruce tree and the one looking like an oak or sth similar, the rest of those voxelized so far are good. I'll attach the pictures of the trees in question (rendered in Classic) and of the problem itself.

Basically, as seen in the shots, Polymost seems to render only one particular side of the voxels of those models (could be connected to a certain specific direction of the environment or maybe to the direction the sprite is facing when placed in the editor). I'm not sure if it's even reparable from the voxel pack side and that it's not the source port's problem.

I mean, I have almost no problems playing the game in Classic, it's just that those tree models choke the game significantly in this renderer, and also Classic generally runs worse in terms of performance (for obvious reasons). So hopefully it's actually fixable on the voxel pack side, otherwise I'll probably have to wait for M210 to look into it which may take long enough (if he even considers it at all).

P.S.: Version of GDX used is 1.15 (the latest).

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Polunka: 27 June 2021 - 06:50 PM

It is an issue only in BuildGDX. Eduke32 ports or Raze render big voxels correctly. M210 knows about this and he will fix it when he can.

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 27 June 2021 - 07:02 PM

User is offline   Polunka 

Okay, thanks for the answer. Hopefully he'll fix it sooner than later.

Little something:

Posted Image

Swinging blade:

Posted Image

User is offline   Stripper 

Holy cow! It should be easier to see those from the side now, spectacular work as always. :lol:

Finally something family-friendly!

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Gaia Power 

Very nice pack! I love how faithful it is. Has anyone gotten this to work with Smooth Blood? Whenever I load both only Smooth Blood works and there's no voxels :(

If you use NBlood, you have to make sure Blood.def has all included def scripts and then zip all the content and put that in autoload folder. There can be only one ZIP in autoload folder, NBlood or eduke32 ports in general are not smart enough to combine stuff.

BloodGDX can have loose files or zips in autoload folder and it should read them fine. I'd recommend having seperate zips like SmoothBlood.zip, Voxels.zip, as they include Bloodgdx.def, so GDX port should combine that just fine.

Raze allows for dragging and dropping zips/folders onto Raze.exe to run games with addons. If zips/folders contain blood-raze.def, then Raze port will combine that. SmoothBlood and Blood Voxel Pack have blood-raze.def included. I tested it several times, it works.

User is offline   Gaia Power 

View PostDzierzan, on 04 July 2021 - 02:50 AM, said:

If you use NBlood, you have to make sure Blood.def has all included def scripts and then zip all the content and put that in autoload folder. There can be only one ZIP in autoload folder, NBlood or eduke32 ports in general are not smart enough to combine stuff.

BloodGDX can have loose files or zips in autoload folder and it should read them fine. I'd recommend having seperate zips like SmoothBlood.zip, Voxels.zip, as they include Bloodgdx.def, so GDX port should combine that just fine.

Raze allows for dragging and dropping zips/folders onto Raze.exe to run games with addons. If zips/folders contain blood-raze.def, then Raze port will combine that. SmoothBlood and Blood Voxel Pack have blood-raze.def included. I tested it several times, it works.

Oh well my blood voxel pack does not have blood-raze.def in it (I am using Raze) and that's why it's now working. It seems the newest version (which is the only one linked on github) removed it. I guess I will try adding my blood-raze.def from Smooth Blood and see if it works

Edit: ok I had to copy the text in blood.def into a newly created blood-raze.def. I guess this is the step Razer users need to do until the next version in which I presume the author of the mod will have fixed it.

This post has been edited by Gaia Power: 04 July 2021 - 11:56 AM

The what? The latest Blood Voxel Pack does have blood-raze.def. Don't use 0.93, it's outdated as fuck. Use master branch instead. I'll release 0.94 soon anyway.

Posted Image

Anyway, I just make another voxel:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   jkas789 

That's a ten

Posted Image

User is offline   warezeater 

View PostDzierzan, on 29 May 2021 - 11:18 PM, said:

@warezeater

WOW, sorry, I somehow missed your post. Yeah, a lot of them are already in the Blood Voxel Pack. Some are duplicates like a Balloon. Some are not good like Brain in jar as such objects are not possible to be voxelized. I mean it only looks good from one side, but how do you do sides with brain inside?

@Dzierzan
Glad to hear that! And yes, I agree that brain in jar is not good enough, unfortunately. However, is it possible to make a voxel brain and place it in a jar of semi-transparent voxels? I think I saw some transparent voxels somewhere in the latest Blood Voxel Pack, but am not sure.

What you do is absolutely awesome! Thanks for all your effort and talent you put in this work!

This post has been edited by warezeater: 17 July 2021 - 10:31 PM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options