Duke4.net Forums: Blood Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood Voxel Pack

User is offline   fgsfds 

I'm continuing to voxelize Blood's sprites. There should already be enough to make a full-fledged pack, but there is still much more to do.
What's been done so far:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Download: https://m210.duke4.net/index.php/downloads/download/55-voxels

User is offline   fgsfds 

Voxelized shells look pretty good.

Posted Image

User is offline   max_nukem 

Yery nice! We are waiting.

User is offline   Gambini 

This looks awesome!! you should join your forces with the Eduke Blood team.

User is offline   Lunick 

I was thinking of splitting your Blood voxels off from the main thread into a separate thread but I thought there wouldn't be a need for that since they would able to be used in regular Blood too rather than just BloodGDX.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostGambini, on 21 June 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

This looks awesome!! you should join your forces with the Eduke Blood team.

BloodGDX is not an EDuke32 Team project.

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostLunick, on 21 June 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

I was thinking of splitting your Blood voxels off from the main thread into a separate thread but I thought there wouldn't be a need for that since they would able to be used in regular Blood too rather than just BloodGDX.

Let it stay here so I can post my stuff without clogging up the main thread. Once (if) I make a pack for the original game, I'll just post it there.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 22 June 2017 - 02:18 AM

User is offline   Nokiaman 

This looks amazing! BloodGDX can't load it as addon can it, so you need to replace the actual files?

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostNokiaman, on 22 June 2017 - 07:43 AM, said:

This looks amazing! BloodGDX can't load it as addon can it, so you need to replace the actual files?

Not yet, but custom voxels support will be added later to GDX. After that I'll either make a voxel pack or they will already be included in the port.

User is offline   Nokiaman 

View Postfgsfds, on 22 June 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

Not yet, but custom voxels support will be added later to GDX. After that I'll either make a voxel pack or they will already be included in the port.

Nice! I'll wait for that then :P

Looks promising!

User is offline   gordon81 

Beauty

User is offline   Devon 

How are the voxels comming along?

Im hyped over this pack! it looks so damn awsome!

I want! give me! =)

User is offline   Devon 

View Postfgsfds, on 21 June 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

I'm continuing to voxelize Blood's sprites. There should already be enough to make a full-fledged pack, but there is still much more to do.
What's been done so far:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Here are more voxels from a moddb pack.
http://www.moddb.com...lood-voxel-pack

fgsfds already expressed his opinion about this pack, and it wasn't positive: https://forums.duke4...post__p__280344

Probably it's planning to do a total remake, we gonna use that pack just for the missing/not Monolith custom level voxels I think.

User is offline   dmg_64 

Nice work, I especially like how the windows look.

User is offline   Dzierzan 

I have a question. Will these voxels be released as a voxel pack which will be compatible with Dosbox version of Blood?

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostDzierzan, on 07 July 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

I have a question. Will these voxels be released as a voxel pack which will be compatible with Dosbox version of Blood?

Probably, but I'll have to find a convenient way to distribute it. Currently, you have to download 20 mbs of modified .art files and Dosbox to add these voxels to the game.

User is offline   fgsfds 

Haven't done much since the last update. Custom voxels suport should be added in the upcoming 0.770.

Posted Image

First animated voxels.

Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 09 July 2017 - 05:30 AM

User is offline   Devon 

View Postfgsfds, on 09 July 2017 - 04:18 AM, said:

Haven't done much since the last update. Custom voxels suport should be added in the upcoming 0.770.

That is simply awsome!
Is it hard/time consuming making voxels?

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 09 July 2017 - 11:40 AM
Reason for edit: shortened large quote

User is offline   fgsfds 

Time consuming but mostly not too hard with the right tools.Though, there are some more complex sprites, like knight's armor, that I'm afraid to even start making.

Posted Image

User is offline   Devon 

View Postfgsfds, on 09 July 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

Time consuming but mostly not too hard with the right tools.Though, there are some more complex sprites, like knight's armor, that I'm afraid to even start making.

Posted Image

intresting stuff.

Always was fashinated by voxels back when i first saw them in shadow warrior.

I still think they are so cool and look stunning in blood.

How about location placements?
I mean some sprites werent suposed to be voxels in the first place so maybe they will face in the wrong direction/angle?

User is offline   Tiddalick 

Echoing the sentiment, Great work!

You mentioned it does not take long with the right tools.
Could you mention briefly what are the tools you use?
I have little artistic skill, but voxels are always something I wanted to muck around with when I had the time.

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostDevon, on 09 July 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

How about location placements?

M210 will need to add maphacks support, same as eduke32's.

View PostTiddalick, on 09 July 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

Could you mention briefly what are the tools you use?

Magicavoxel is enough for almost every model. It would've been perfect if it wasn't for it's stupid 126 dimension limitation.
Strip2vox and vox2png help a lot.
Slab6 to convert resulting vox file to kvx.

User is offline   Tiddalick 

View Postfgsfds, on 09 July 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

Magicavoxel is enough for almost every model. It would've been perfect if it wasn't for it's stupid 126 dimension limitation.
Strip2vox and vox2png help a lot.
Slab6 to convert resulting vox file to kvx.

Thanks for the reply.
Ill check it out later on...

User is offline   Dzierzan 

New voxels in game are looking fucking-tastic! For a second I forgot there are new voxels. Question: are you going to voxelize even Life Essence?

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostDzierzan, on 11 July 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

New voxels in game are looking fucking-tastic! For a second I forgot there are new voxels. Question: are you going to voxelize even Life Essence?

Probably, but voxels don't support partial transparency, and life essence has transparent aura. Currently not sure what to do about it.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postfgsfds, on 08 July 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

Probably, but I'll have to find a convenient way to distribute it. Currently, you have to download 20 mbs of modified .art files and Dosbox to add these voxels to the game.

Patches could cut down on the file size. This program works well if I remember correctly.

User is offline   Devon 

I saw a video with gameplay of a unreleased unofficial blood 3 fan made demo concept thingy...it had what looked like fully animated voxel zombies.. anyway it was amazing.

Duke and shadow warrior kinda loose their original charm with these high res packs. Dont get me wrong here, i do apreciate them.. and alot of good work is put into these projects.

Got me thinking when i saw the new voxels here. they look almost identical to the original sprites. just think how cool it could be with voxel monsters?

im not 100% certain but i think the person responsble for the zombie voxel just converted the sprite in some way? no idea though i got no experience in making voxels.

Oh and btw why do the new voxels add so much slowdown when the old ones work just fine?

This post has been edited by Devon: 15 July 2017 - 10:27 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostDevon, on 15 July 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

I saw a video with gameplay of a unreleased unofficial blood 3 fan made demo concept thingy...it had what looked like fully animated voxel zombies..

I'm sure it was a real 3d model. It's a completely different thing.

Got me thinking when i saw the new voxels here. they look almost identical to the original sprites.

Basically, they are the original sprites, just extended to the 3rd dimension.

just think how cool it could be with voxel monsters?

Honestly, I don't think it'll work too well for the enemies. Not only it will be incredibly difficult, but also original sprites are very detailed and when voxelized, they will lose a lot of these details because of how the voxels work.
But I may be wrong. This Pig Cop looks pretty cool.
Posted Image

Oh and btw why do the new voxels add so much slowdown when the old ones work just fine?

Firstly, because some of the new models have bigger voxel count than the original ones (because the initial sprites are bigger and more complicated). Secondly, there may be a lot of them in the same place, which was never the case with the original ones. And most importantly, BGDX handles a lot of polygons like shit. It will be fixed soon I hope.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 17 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options