• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you think about BloodGDX ?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostBruno Mattei, on 23 April 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

And you gave the impression that your work is done on Ion Maiden.

Nowhere have I done this.

Put up or shut up. Where's your screenshots of your development? Where is anything?

Whether or not I've published my work doesn't change the fact that my criticisms of BloodGDX are correct.

Distributing a derivative work of blood.exe is copyright infringement.

Using the leaked alpha code is an affront to the Blood team, and illegal.

Why did M210 remove mention of the origins of his code? [1] vs. [2]

Not releasing source code and obfuscating releases is an affront to 20 years of FPS source port communities.

Java sucks, and M210's reasoning for using it is fallacious.

BloodGDX's visuals are inaccurate. The classic renderer will not perform well if ported to Java. I don't see any signs of GDX Polymost being improved to levels EDuke32 had in 2013 either.

BloodGDX's audio is inaccurate. The simple solution is to use the Apogee Sound System, but if it did it would then be a GPL violation unless full source is published.

Despite events in the community giving me only grief in 2017, in the past year I've worked on/toward beta releases for Devolver, 3D Realms, and Nightdive, Fox and I shipped Total Meltdown, work on the flagship port of Duke 3D has continued, and Voidpoint has shipped a brand new game that everyone loves. This is not to mention immense changes in my RL that you're not entitled to know about. I wish I could have afforded more time to working on my holy grail of projects.

If you're coming to M210's subforum just to provoke me, you should really go back to /vr/ and slander my name some more.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Of course, the faggot has no imagination and goes for the low-hanging fruit as if it meant anything. Try harder Bruno.

(LOL, looks like I triggered a lot of butthurt with the last post.)

This post has been edited by Striker: 23 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

User is offline   axl 

View Postfgsfds, on 23 April 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

Kaiser himself involuntarily confirmed that his "modern recreation" will be shit.

Huh? Did I miss here something? Is BloodEX no longer coming out?

User is online   Phredreeke 

I'd understand if Kaiser is hesitant to release Blood EX given what happened with Powerslave EX (then again, BloodCM has been around for years with no repercussions from Atari)

View PostHendricks266, on 23 April 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

Nowhere have I done this.

View PostHendricks266, on 12 September 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

That escalated quickly. Fortunately, you've only exposed yourselves as trolls. "Oh no, the admin insulted my favorite Doom mod! How do I get back at him?" If you pass on IM because of me, you won't be hurting me. I'm in a great situation right now. The same cannot be said for the rest of my team who are working around the clock to wow everyone who has ever enjoyed a 2.5D shooter.

I like how no one here has actually tried to rebut "Brutal Doom sucks". All that's been said is some variant of "to each their own". I can understand that point of view, and I don't mean to say that if you enjoy something harmless, you should stop. No one should feel unwelcome here because of the mods they play or the source ports they use. If you want to make an enhanced gore mod, that's cool, I helped a little bit with SD_Duke back in the day myself. But if you want to capitalize on the "Brutal" name by expanding it to other games, I will contribute a large serving of "why???".

https://forums.duke4...post__p__287264

So, torrenting Ion Maiden wouldn't effect you. Indicating that you're not a part of the team or in some way not directly connected. And BTW, I am passing on Ion Maiden specifically because of you.

And again, you still haven't shown anything regarding this supposed source port you're working on.

This post has been edited by Bruno Mattei: 23 April 2018 - 11:44 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View Postaxl, on 23 April 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

Huh? Did I miss here something? Is BloodEX no longer coming out?

Who knows? The last I heard about it was two years ago. But do we really need another empirical recreation?

Attached File  Capture2.PNG (44.16K)
Number of downloads: 32

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 23 April 2018 - 11:46 AM

User is offline   axl 

View Postfgsfds, on 23 April 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

Who knows? The last I heard about it was two years ago. But do we really need another empirical recreation?

I guess not, since M210 has stated that his next version of BloodGDX will be 100 % identical to original Blood (in terms of gameplay) :P

This post has been edited by axl: 23 April 2018 - 11:52 AM

• Auramancer

View PostBruno Mattei, on 23 April 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

So, torrenting Ion Maiden wouldn't effect you. Indicating that you're not a part of the team or in some way not directly connected. And BTW, I am passing on Ion Maiden specifically because of you.

And again, you still haven't shown anything regarding this supposed source port you're working on.

What kind of fucking mental leap of logic is that shit? Hendricks266 and TerminX are the lead programmers. They're VERY DIRECTLY connected.

Good fucking lord this community sometimes. Makes me embarrassed to be a Blood fan. I know the Blood community has been stiffed for 20 odd years, but it seems a lot of people in it have taken leave of their senses and checked their brains at the door if this subforum is anything to go by.

Yeah, BloodGDX is the first substantial "usable" port out now, and yeah, it's pretty decent. However, it doesn't make it immune to criticism, and doesn't mean there haven't been numerous bad choices made (like using Java, using an illegal base, not releasing source code, unfaithful reproduction of lighting and multiple behaviors).

Like, how the fuck did things even get to this point? By no means was Hendricks266's first post in this thread antagonistic or offensive. There's no reason anyone should be acting this shitty about it. So far, it seems to be entirely on the basis that he doesn't have his own Blood port to show, but it doesn't make any of his criticisms less valid. If you want at least a part to show for it, check out the SVN of EDuke32, because his port will be using it, and thus any of the features/bugfixes/improvements that come with EDuke32 will be part of it. (Like Polymost2)

P.S.: You don't need to have made a masterpiece to criticize art, you don't need to be a master chef to know an item of food tastes like shit. All you need is sound reasoning. If I were the creator of this project, I'd encourage people to show what needs changing or improvement, not take offense. Also, nobody needs to defend M210, he seems chill and he can speak for himself. Probably more maturely than any of you fucks at that.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

So, torrenting Ion Maiden wouldn't effect you. Indicating that you're not a part of the team or in some way not directly connected.

I have a day job that allows me to support myself. This is true for some of the team. But others on the team are working on IM primarily. You're not hurting me.

And BTW, I am passing on Ion Maiden specifically because of you.

Haha! Your loss.

Restating your position does not affect my rebuttal of it.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostBruno Mattei, on 23 April 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

Whoops, I'm one month off. I guess that invalidates my entire point that he still hasn't produced anything, right?

Maybe. Depends on the readers point of view, but it does demonstrate your willingness to exaggerate facts in an attempt to validate your trolling.
If you don't understand this, then I can't help you.

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

View PostStriker, on 23 April 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

"What kind of fucking mental leap of logic is that shit?"

"Good fucking lord this community sometimes."

"Like, how the fuck did things even get to this point?"

"Probably more maturely than any of you fucks at that."

Attached File(s)

• Auramancer

I'll lighten up when things stop being shit, and people stop being shitty. If that happens, I'll be a ray of fucking sunshine, alright? Right now however, I'm just plain sick of everything, especially the never-ending back-and-forth shit-show. Had enough, you know?

This post has been edited by Striker: 23 April 2018 - 01:17 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostStriker, on 23 April 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

I'll lighten up when things stop being shit

Posted Image

better?

The point still stands. You still haven't produced anything. And you gave the impression that your work is done on Ion Maiden. Down vote me all you want. Ring up your boys and get them to down vote me because you know what? I don't care about pretend internet points.

Put up or shut up. Where's your screenshots of your development? Where is anything?

Because of Bruno's whining. Will this thread is getting a special visit from Brownfarted?

User is offline   SPILL 

Ion Maiden is pretty dope.

User is offline   SPILL 

View PostSPILL, on 23 April 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

Ion Maiden is pretty dope.

Except I firmly believe Joan Jett should voice the protagonist

User is offline   Jim 

if I recalled correctly, Hendricks266's port will offer something that GDX doesn't, the ability to use weapon mods for both Blood and SW

User is offline   Manhs 

View PostJim, on 23 April 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

if I recalled correctly, Hendricks266's port will offer something that GDX doesn't, the ability to use weapon mods for both Blood and SW

Is there a way to make a port without the problem of the copyrights infrigement? :s
It could be cool

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options