• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you think about BloodGDX ?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostZaxx, on 24 July 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

Posted Image

My inner circle tore this set of screenshots to shreds. Kaiser is not making an accurate port, just getting it "good enough". It's no better than ZBlood from a theoretical perspective.

View PostZaxx, on 24 July 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

Anyway I'm not a programmer, I'm just a gamer but even I see that open source would be better because in my mind EDuke32 should be "retired" in a sense and upgraded into something like the Doom source ports: one software that could play Duke 3D, Blood and Shadow Warrior at least, basically "EBuild32" and guess that's not happening without everyone being open source and working together. That would revitalize the modding scene.

ZDoom can play Heretic, Hexen, Chex Quest, Strife, etc. and it's not called ZidTech1. I don't need to "work together" with anyone else to achieve an EDuke32 that can play all the open source Build games, or simply all of them.

View PostM210, on 24 July 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

And I just don't need competitors at this stage,

My thoughts exactly.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostHendricks266, on 24 July 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

My inner circle tore this set of screenshots to shreds. Kaiser is not making an accurate port, just getting it "good enough". It's no better than ZBlood from a theoretical perspective.

Yeah, he's doing it his way: it's not running on Build, it uses some version of Kaiser's Kex Engine instead just like all his other work. That being said I'd call all the games ported by him practically accurate, they are on the level where the avarage gamer won't notice the small differences. For example his Turok port uses Kex 3, I've played the shit out of the original back in the day and apart from the new special effects I'm yet to notice the difference. You really can't say the same about ZBlood (or about BloodCM for that matter so it's safe to assume that BloodEX would be more accurate than that as well and hey, BloodCM came pretty damn close) but from a theoratical perspective you're right.

ZDoom can play Heretic, Hexen, Chex Quest, Strife, etc. and it's not called ZidTech1. I don't need to "work together" with anyone else to achieve an EDuke32 that can play all the open source Build games, or simply all of them.

I did not mean that you should change the name, that just helped me to get my point across better: a paradigm shift in EDuke32's functionality. It's fine if you'd rather do that all alone, it's just my opinion that we'd already be there if there was bigger co-operation in the community.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 24 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

Just being able to play the game easily and with fluid mouse movement is huge.

I was also surprised at how easy it was to load custom maps. Just drag and drop and then select them in-game. That easy.

I'm just kind of in shock that a Blood source port finally happened after all these years.

My only issue is that the frame rate is a little wonky. I've tried running with V-Sync on and off and noticed no difference.

User is offline   Killes 

Thank Tchernoborg for this port!

Its M210's work, and he is brilliant and getting far with it! He is IMO obviously to do exactly as he pleases with the open source / not open status of it.
As you can see he is proficient in working on it and whatever it takes to keep him motivated and slaying it he can have it!
Praise BloodGDX and f* off anyone negative/jealous/impolite about his work, respect is deserved in any case!
I cannot believe the sometimes rude / whiny / aggressive tone some people take to complain about this or that feature...

This post has been edited by Killes: 16 August 2017 - 02:19 AM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostKilles, on 16 August 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

He is IMO obviously to do exactly as he pleases with the open source / not open status of it.
As you can see he is proficient in working on it and whatever it takes to keep him motivated and slaying it he can have it!

The constant whiteknighting in this thread is getting old. M210 is objectively doing everyone a disservice by not releasing his source, and even worse, he obfuscates his releases. There is nothing more to be said.

And here I am just being happy I can play Blood again in a smoother way than dosbox.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostHendricks266, on 16 August 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

The constant whiteknighting in this thread is getting old. M210 is objectively doing everyone a disservice by not releasing his source, and even worse, he obfuscates his releases. There is nothing more to be said.

I think you should refer to MariusArmand's comment to get why people are "whiteknighting" as you've put it: they are just happy that after 20 years they can finally leave the old version behind and to a lot of people the limitations of DOSBox meant that they did not even bother with the game at all so for some guys BloodGDX means that they can finally play a game they were interested in. Is it true that M210 is objectively doing a disservice by not realasing his source? Yes, it is. Does it matter? Not really because he's doing a greater service to everyone simply by releasing his port.

Honestly I think this is not the time to bring up issues such as this, M210 has already said that if the project gets into a more mature state he might release the source.

View PostHendricks266, on 16 August 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

By all means sir, go make your own Source Port if you think you can do a better job. Otherwise you come off as an obese neckbeard having a fit and tossing your chicken nuggies over the fact that Alexander beat you to the punch.

Just the fact that you shit on Alexander and Kaizer while you haven't produced anything just reeks of bitterness.

User is online   Phredreeke 

It is possible to be grateful for M210 making BloodGDX while at the same time be critical of the approach he takes.

View PostPhredreeke, on 16 August 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

It is possible to be grateful for M210 making BloodGDX while at the same time be critical of the approach he takes.

Except that this guy straight up said in the Witchaven thread:

View PostHendricks266, on 15 August 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

My BloodGDX replacement will work with every BUILD game, so don't worry.

Come on. How can anyone take this guy seriously when he's obviously hostile and hasn't shown anything regarding his claims of making a better source port?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostBruno Mattei, on 16 August 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Come on. How can anyone take this guy seriously when he's obviously hostile and hasn't shown anything regarding his claims of making a better source port?

Well, one thing is for sure: showing is better than telling when it comes to stuff like this.

Any plans for CD soundtrack support?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostBruno Mattei, on 11 September 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

Any plans for CD soundtrack support?

I will make ogg/mp3 support in future

User is offline   dmg_64 

I think BloodGDX is great, But the colors are a bit off, kinda takes away from the atmosphere the original DOS Port had.

This post has been edited by dmg_64: 14 September 2017 - 05:06 AM

User is offline   Tekedon 

View Postdmg_64, on 14 September 2017 - 05:06 AM, said:

I think BloodGDX is great, But the colors are a bit off, kinda takes away from the atmosphere the original DOS Port had.

I don't think the palette is off, I think the reason some things look different is that it is not 256 colors anymore, alot more shade values. Not sure about that though, m210 could probably explain it.

User is online   Mark 

If you think the colors are different, explain in more detail or post pics between original and GDX.

User is offline   fgsfds 

Colors look washed off because polymost doesn't support shade tables and relies only on opengl shading. Nothing can be done with that while polymost is used.

User is offline   dmg_64 

Like fgsfds said :

Original :
Posted Image

BloodGDX :
Posted Image

This post has been edited by dmg_64: 14 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

User is offline   J432 

View Postdmg_64, on 14 September 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Like fgsfds said :

Original :
Posted Image

BloodGDX :
Posted Image

I like the second more, less orange and pink tint, more sinister. Guess I am not fundamentalist. :)

This post has been edited by J432: 14 September 2017 - 11:25 AM

User is offline   dmg_64 

If that's the case, can we have an option to switch between the two ?

View PostJ432, on 14 September 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

Guess I am not fundamentalist. :)

Feedback is good, It doesn't hurt.

This post has been edited by dmg_64: 14 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

User is offline   J432 

View Postdmg_64, on 14 September 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

If that's the case, can we have an option to switch between the two ?

As fgsfds said, nothing can be done with that while polymost is used. It might change with new renderer that is in development.

View Postdmg_64, on 14 September 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Feedback is good, It doesn't hurt.

I agree.

View PostHendricks266, on 24 July 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

My thoughts exactly.

I'm just amused that going on a year later (3 months shy) that this pretentious man still hasn't produced his amazing GDX replacement that's supposed to blow us all away.

This post has been edited by Bruno Mattei: 23 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostBruno Mattei, on 23 April 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

I'm just amused that going on a year later (4 months shy) that this pretentious man still hasn't produced his amazing GDX replacement that's supposed to blow us all away.

Please.

The point still stands. You still haven't produced anything. And you gave the impression that your work is done on Ion Maiden. Down vote me all you want. Ring up your boys and get them to down vote me because you know what? I don't care about pretend internet points.

Put up or shut up. Where's your screenshots of your development? Where is anything?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

going on a year later (4 months shy)

(4 months shy)

(4 months shy)

math isn't your strong point, is it?

View PostForge, on 23 April 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

math isn't your strong point, is it?

Whoops, I'm one month off. I guess that invalidates my entire point that he still hasn't produced anything, right?

User is online   Phredreeke 

BloodGDX has its shortcomings but right now it's the closest we have to playing the game without running it in DosBox or on an old pre-WinXP machine.

But bumping a 6 month old topic just to take a shot at Hendricks is just juvenile...

User is offline   fgsfds 

Kaiser himself involuntarily confirmed that his "modern recreation" will be shit. No need to defend it. Like BloodCM hasn't done enough damage to this game already.

View PostHendricks266, on 23 April 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

How exactly is this "GDX replacement"? He's talking about your port that supposedly will run any Build game ever made and that we've yet to see. If we ever will at all.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 23 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostBruno Mattei, on 23 April 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

The point still stands. You still haven't produced anything. And you gave the impression that your work is done on Ion Maiden. Down vote me all you want. Ring up your boys and get them to down vote me because you know what? I don't care about pretend internet points.

Put up or shut up. Where's your screenshots of your development? Where is anything?

Busy working on Ion Maiden, you colossal faggot.

View PostStriker, on 23 April 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

Busy working on Ion Maiden, you colossal faggot.

Guy with a furry avatar calls me a faggot...

I guess you never heard of the word "irony" huh?

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options