Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   Ax 34noff 

@warezeater, that's why EDuke32 currently doesn't have anisotropic filtering

Hi, I've experienced a bug where I can't load into E2M9: Thin Ice while on Well Done. Instead, it crashes the whole game instance.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   m210® 

View PostProfessorMinius, on 30 September 2021 - 04:06 AM, said:

Hi, I've experienced a bug where I can't load into E2M9: Thin Ice while on Well Done. Instead, it crashes the whole game instance.

You have to launch BuildGdx in debug mode, the log shows nothing

User is offline   Jamesfff 

I've run into a problem playing Blood with BuildGDX on my new Windows 10 computer. all I get is a black screen and a cycling mouse pointer. log file attached.

Attached File(s)

I am also unable to play Duke 3D, Powerslave, Redneck Rampage, TekWar or Witchaven 1/2 with the current version of BuildGDX on my new computer. Only Shadow Warrior will play with it. Interestingly, the log files fore these other games stop with the line "Loading translucency table". Only Blood gives me the additional lines starting with "Loading gamma translucency table" in its log file, attached to the previous post. What is going on here?

Attached File(s)

Just tried to play Blood with BuildGDX and the BloodGDXFix and got the following
BUILD engine by Ken Silverman (http://www.advsys.net/ken)
BloodGDX v1.15(BuildGdx v20.081) by [M210®] (http://m210.duke4.net)
Current date Oct 31, 2021 22:10:01
Running on Windows 10 (version 10.0)
with JRE version: 17

Initializing resource archives
Found 678 files in BLOOD.RFF archive
Found 1747 files in SOUNDS.RFF archive
Initializing Build 3D engine
Version >= v1.10 found
Loading palettes
Loading translucency table
Loading gamma correction table
Intel® HD Graphics 4600 4.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.5126 initialized
FatalError: Application exception (java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class ru.m210projects.Build.Render.Types.FastTextureBuffer (in unnamed module @0x1bce3393) cannot access class sun.nio.ch.DirectBuffer (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.nio.ch to unnamed module @0x1bce3393)

[BuildGame]: class ru.m210projects.Build.Render.Types.FastTextureBuffer (in unnamed module @0x1bce3393) cannot access class sun.nio.ch.DirectBuffer (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export sun.nio.ch to unnamed module @0x1bce3393
ru.m210projects.Build.Render.Types.FastTextureBuffer.init(FastTextureBuffer.java: 48)
ru.m210projects.Build.Render.Types.FastTextureBuffer.<init>(FastTextureBuffer. java:38)
ru.m210projects.Build.Render.TextureHandle.TileData.getTmpBuffer(TileData.java:109)
ru.m210projects.Build.Render.TextureHandle.RGBTileData.<init>(RGBTileData.java: 35)
ru.m210projects.Blood.Factory.BloodTextureManager$1.<init>(BloodTextureManager. java:136)
ru.m210projects.Blood.Factory.BloodTextureManager.loadPic(BloodTextureManager.java: 136)
ru.m210projects.Build.Render.TextureHandle.TextureManager.get(TextureManager.java: 99)
ru.m210projects.Build.Render.TextureHandle.TextureManager.bind(TextureManager.java: 149)
ru.m210projects.Build.Render.Polymost.Polymost2D.drawrotate(Polymost2D.java:1154)
ru.m210projects.Build.Render.Polymost.Polymost2D.dorotatesprite(Polymost2D.java:1116)
ru.m210projects.Build.Render.Polymost.Polymost2D.rotatesprite(Polymost2D.java:969)
ru.m210projects.Build.Render.Polymost.Polymost.rotatesprite(Polymost.java:3775)
ru.m210projects.Build.Engine.rotatesprite(Engine.java:3485)
ru.m210projects.Blood.Factory.BloodFactory.drawInitScreen(BloodFactory.java:51)
ru.m210projects.Build.Pattern.ScreenAdapters.InitScreen.render(InitScreen.java:260)
com.badlogic.gdx.Game.render(Game.java:46)
ru.m210projects.Build.Pattern.BuildGame.render(BuildGame.java:129)
ru.m210projects.Build.Architecture.BuildApplication.mainLoop(BuildApplication.java: 136)
ru.m210projects.Build.Architecture.BuildApplication.access$0(BuildApplication. java:106)
ru.m210projects.Build.Architecture.BuildApplication$1.run(BuildApplication.java: 92)

Full stack trace: java.base/java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:1610)
ru.m210projects.Build.Pattern.BuildGame.getStackTrace(BuildGame.java:242)
ru.m210projects.Build.Pattern.BuildGame.ThrowError(BuildGame.java:279)
ru.m210projects.Build.Pattern.BuildGame.render(BuildGame.java:145)
ru.m210projects.Build.Architecture.BuildApplication.mainLoop(BuildApplication.java: 136)
ru.m210projects.Build.Architecture.BuildApplication.access$0(BuildApplication. java:106)
ru.m210projects.Build.Architecture.BuildApplication$1.run(BuildApplication.java:92)

Ok, update to my last few posts above: still not sure what the problem is, but it involves the Polymost renderer, as when I when I used the classic renderer, everything loaded fine.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostJamesfff, on 31 October 2021 - 06:44 PM, said:

Just tried to play Blood with BuildGDX and the BloodGDXFix and got the following
[...]
Have you tried the JRE from "BuildGDX Release v1.15 (with JRE)" ?

@LeoD: Actually, I did try the release with JRE first, but the issue with playing BuildGDX with polymost mode also occured there. But as i noted in my last post, BuildGDX works fine with classic mode, so I can still play games with it.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Your GPU should support it, but you can try disabling palette emulation as described here

User is offline   ret 

Hi, so i dont know if this is still here but im gonna report it anyways.
In E1M6: The Great Temple, in middle of the 2 slope-looking stairs, the game shows a hall of mirrors effect, unfortunely right now i dont have a screenshot or a saved game to show it.

https://imgur.com/a/GZjX5y1

I Installed BuildGDX in order to play Blood and this texture issue appears in some places, really taking away from the experience.
Has anyone else experienced this, how can I fix it ?

User is online   Phredreeke 

First one is because you loaded cryptic passage without the associated art files. Second one is probably a dodgy repack of BPF

View PostPhredreeke, on 25 January 2022 - 02:13 PM, said:

First one is because you loaded cryptic passage without the associated art files. Second one is probably a dodgy repack of BPF

Yes, I figured out that this happens if I load the map directly instead of through the.ini file

User is offline   ret 

View Postret, on 17 January 2022 - 03:14 PM, said:

Hi, so i dont know if this is still here but im gonna report it anyways.
In E1M6: The Great Temple, in middle of the 2 slope-looking stairs, the game shows a hall of mirrors effect, unfortunely right now i dont have a screenshot or a saved game to show it.

User is offline   ret 

(I think i replied my first comment accidentaly
with something blank yesterday)
I finally remember this thing, here is the image about the hall of mirror.. bug?
https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk

Since NAM is too small a search term, how do you get BuildGDX to recognize the game files? I point it toward the NAM folder on the GOG version but it says that it is missing the files.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options