• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 02 June 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

Noticed that the aspect ratio seems to always be locked to what your monitor is, for instance if I play in 1024x768 it will be stretched to widescreen.

Yes, so you need to disable widescreen support in options for such resolutions

This post has been edited by M210: 02 June 2018 - 08:49 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostTekedon, on 02 June 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

Noticed that the aspect ratio seems to always be locked to what your monitor is, for instance if I play in 1024x768 it will be stretched to widescreen.

Check your monitor and video drivers settings. It shouldn't do that.

User is online   Tekedon 

View PostM210, on 02 June 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Yes, so you need to disable widescreen support in options for such resolutions

I have, still stretches it out. Will check my drivers. It did not do this before.

Hi there. I have this bizarre problem I hope someone can help me with.

I noticed keys seem to 'stick' very often. For instance, if I run around a bit one of the directions will eventually get stuck, and Caleb would keep running in that direction forever until I tap it again.
This problem seems to be related to another issue I'm having:
If I try to rebind a key to any letter or number, the key is instead bound to "242 or 241" (please note, it's not either 242 or 241, it's precisely "242 or 241").
This happens for any letter or number and any command.
If I rebind to something like 'space' or 'control' or even the arrow keys it binds correctly.

On some rare occasions when I launch bloodgdx, I'm able to bind letters correctly as well, and on those occasions the keys don't seem to stick, at least for a while. When eventually they do start sticking again, if I try and rebind a key I will get the 242 241 issue again.

Like I said, this is very strange and I haven't found anyone else with this issue. Hopefully there's a fix that can be found.
Thanks!

User is online   Tekedon 

Sorry, delete. I posted a "bug" I thought that I never noticed was actually a feature in the original.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 08 June 2018 - 01:21 AM

Any chance in the future that the flare gun's primary flare hitbox can be reduced to match the altfire flare's hitbox? It's around three sizes too big, vanilla bug.

User is online   Tekedon 

My link

In about 15:00 that ceiling does crush you in dosbox but not in GDX.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 11 June 2018 - 07:39 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 11 June 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

My link

Ok, I will see, what's wrong here :(

flare gun's primary flare hitbox

Primary flare has a seeking projectile, so it's not a hitbox bug

This post has been edited by M210: 11 June 2018 - 10:24 PM

User is offline   Newbert 

On the 1st map a skeleton continued to run indefinitely while incinerated. Had to kill him yet again with dynamite:)

User is offline   Newbert 

Also on the 1st map when you enter the building, the cultist upstairs on the left tends to get stuck behind the column - continues to run in place and throw dynamite, but cant hit you and you cant him until you get to his place.

User is online   Tekedon 

Those are both bugs in the original game and should not be touched. Since then the AI needs to be changed and enemy behavior would be different and incorrect compared to the original game.

User is offline   Mr. Death 

The mouse movement still feels a little janky & has that "stair-stepping" feel to it. It seems to be even worse when combined w/ vsync, but even with that option turned off the mouse movement feels a bit odd to me. Would it be possible to add some kind of mouse filtering/smoothing option?

Also, I know that you (M210) have said before that vsync doesn't work properly, but I would really like to see this feature worked on/improved further. I can't stand screen tearing & I play pretty much every game with vsync on, but BloodGDX feels very stuttery/janky when this option is enabled.

Thanks again for the awesome port :( Keep up the great work!

User is offline   m210® 

I made a some tweaks with ROR rendering. I think 90-95% of ROR will drawing correctly now

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Yeah, you probably covered most of these ROR issues. At least for all vanilla and main custom episodes.

User is offline   Tiddalick 

Certainly those spots were always the worst cases where things seemed to go wrong, especially the first and third case.
Interesting what you needed to do to fix it.
The only other spot where there was usually problems was E2M1

User is offline   SPILL 

Awesome work! Exceeds expectations as always

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 11 June 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

My link

There seems it's a norm :(

https://youtu.be/b2BxKizNt1A

This post has been edited by M210: 04 July 2018 - 10:43 PM

User is online   Tekedon 

The crosshair seems a bit off in GDX. I uploaded a video showing the problem. In dosbox the projectiles hit exactly where the crosshair is, in GDX they hit above. It's easy to spot when in large areas, not as noticeable in smaller spaces. Seems like the crosshair needs to be pushed up a bit.

Youtube video showing problem

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 11 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

User is online   Phredreeke 

It's due to Polymost, see the question at the end of this FAQ http://wiki.eduke32....Asked_Questions

User is online   Tekedon 

View PostPhredreeke, on 11 July 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

It's due to Polymost, see the question at the end of this FAQ http://wiki.eduke32....Asked_Questions

I see. I tried in eduke32 with polymost, it's not as bad as in GDX though. Also the crosshair in GDX seems to be lower than in the original so that might make it more apparent. Not a big problem though unless you turn autoaim off.

User is offline   Newken 

I've just switched Music Type from External to MIDI and I'm unable to choose any MIDI driver (dummy only). So there's no MIDI music.

BloodGDX 0.792 & 0.793
Windows 10 1803 x64
JRE 1.8.0_172 x64
VirtualMIDISynth 2.5.0

Initializing sound system
Dummy midi synth initialized
OpenAL Soft initialized
	with max voices: 64
	OpenAL version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.15.1
ALC_EXT_EFX enabled.

User is offline   fgsfds 

Have you checked launcher settings too?
Attached File  Cgfapture.PNG (61.47K)
Number of downloads: 10

User is offline   Newken 

I totally forgot about the launcher. Thanks. :(

User is offline   SPILL 

In 1 player coop mode, pressing "see coop view" button will crash the game because there is no second player.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSPILL, on 12 July 2018 - 05:22 AM, said:

In 1 player coop mode, pressing "see coop view" button will crash the game because there is no second player.

Heh, I didn't try it :( I will fix it :unsure:

This post has been edited by M210: 12 July 2018 - 05:49 AM

User is offline   SPILL 

I found it by accident lol. Hit the wrong key and it crashed

User is online   Tekedon 

Not really a bug. I just want to report that I tried multiplayer on a 300/10 mbit connection through Hamachi with my brother who has DSL about 15/2 mbit. Unfortuneatly it lagged too much. I'm not sure if it's Hamachi or maybe the connections are just not enough. It works fine in dosbox though, but GDX maybe requires more. (Still, very good work on getting the multiplayer in)

User is offline   m210® 

I disabled limit of number of packages per second. It's working better with fast connections, but I don't know, maybe it's a cause?

This post has been edited by M210: 12 July 2018 - 11:05 AM

User is offline   Nachuro 

When using carets in multiplayer chat, BloodGDX hard crashed. To clarify, carets are these symbols: ^ ^

Here's the error log:

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  Caret.PNG (21.8K)
    Number of downloads: 15

This post has been edited by Nachuro: 12 July 2018 - 03:31 PM

Hi M210,

I've been following your Blood development back since there was only BloodCM, and I just want to say that BloodGDX is absolute Godsend.

I played and beat the original game in Dosbox, and because of BloodGDX, I was able to beat the whole thing again. Now, I'm using BloodGDX to play the Deathwish mod, and it's fantastic! However, there seems to be an issue with lighting, that makes certain areas in the Deathwish mod completely pitch black, making it hard to see in certain areas, or appreciate the level design. Changing Gamma and Brightness has no effect. It's the most noticeable in the level "What Lies Underneath". You can see a comparison of the level in:

Vanilla Engine
https://youtu.be/_Z6G-PVxUfk
at 5:00

And

BloodGDX
https://youtu.be/GQVMmcMxlUs
at 3:10

Also, I love that you've implemented multiplayer! However, I was wondering if it would be possible to add Split-Screen co-op as an option? I would like to have one player use KB/M, and the other player use Controller, or both use Controllers, depending on the settings. This option would be invaluable to me, as I love playing splitscreen games with my girlfriend!

I'd do anything to convince you to add this, just let me know what it takes. :(

This post has been edited by ChristianTheSatanist: 14 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options