Cabalanche
filename bpf.ini
Title Caleb's Road Trip
PlayerX 58074
PlayerY -31178
PlayerZ 23012
PlayerSect 253

When a tile is defined for pal 0 it overrides all palette variations

Yes, you are right. But new hires texture need for pal 1 only, other palettes you can define in def-file as definetint pal r g b f

This post has been edited by M210: 09 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

User is offline   fgsfds 

View PostNachuro, on 09 November 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Unfortunately, it appears as though the palette 1 fix does not apply to the hi-res skyboxes included in the skyboxes folder.

It's even said in the readme that you shouldn't use hires skyboxes with the custom campaigns.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Death Wish Skybox fix

https://files.fm/f/vqq33559

User is offline   Tiddalick 

View PostPhredreeke, on 10 November 2017 - 03:20 AM, said:

Death Wish Skybox fix

Excellent work, many thanks for the fix!

User is offline   Devon 

great job on the new release.

Thanks for adding the borderless window function.

But for some reason i get screen tearing using this option without vsync enabled.

If i just use the borderless gaming program instead i dont get any tearing at all.

No idea what is up with that.

Also i get a bit more stutter in 780 than i got in 779 for some strange reason.

Still thank you for a nice release.

User is offline   TheCultist 

I don't think this is supposed to happen, is it? You can abuse that for as long as you want, but when you get to a 4 digit number it only shows the last 3 digits.
https://youtu.be/oJswiefLggY

Can you replicate this running the game in DosBox?

User is offline   Nachuro 

View PostPhredreeke, on 10 November 2017 - 03:20 AM, said:

Death Wish Skybox fix

Thank you kindly-- they work very well.

User is offline   TheCultist 

View PostPhredreeke, on 11 November 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

Can you replicate this running the game in DosBox?

No, in DosBox you get killed.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTheCultist, on 11 November 2017 - 03:39 AM, said:

I don't think this is supposed to happen, is it? You can abuse that for as long as you want, but when you get to a 4 digit number it only shows the last 3 digits.
https://youtu.be/oJswiefLggY

Ok, I fixed this

User is offline   Newken 

The water splashing sound effect doesn't play correctly. It seems to be getting cut off.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostNewken, on 12 November 2017 - 04:06 AM, said:

The water splashing sound effect doesn't play correctly. It seems to be getting cut off.

Yes, because location of sound source not translated to water with player

User is offline   Tekedon 

Just wanted to ask, when will the sound engine be reworked? I'm wondering if this will solve the problem with some sounds cutting off as in stop playing, mostly noticeable in ambient sounds which stay off sometimes until you jump for instance.

User is offline   J432 

View PostDevon, on 11 November 2017 - 01:44 AM, said:

Also i get a bit more stutter in 780 than i got in 779 for some strange reason.

I can confirm that, there are small lags occasionally during gameplay that were not there in previous version.

User is offline   Devon 

I fiddled around with some settings and what not and ended up deleting the glcache folder.
Then did the same testing on the same maps etc and alot of the stutter was gone.

here is where it is in my directory.

F:\BloodGDX\JavaPortableLauncher\Data\AppData\NVIDIA\ GLCache

Done some more testing and it seems it did not do alot of a difference.

Big difference between 779 and 780/781 in terms of stutter when entering each new room in a level.

Also when i first attack the gargoyle in the hospital level entrance the fps drops alot in the first 3 seconds.
Does not matter what settings or resolution i use i still get a fps drop about 15-30frames.

Update.

I changed the maximum prerendered frames in nvidia controlpanel to 2 and the unlocked the framerate in bloodgdx, it seems to run alot smoother now.

earlier in 775-778 i had to use prerendered frames 4 and lock the fps too either 240 or 540 to get good performance.

No idea what is going on :D

Glad it works though.

This post has been edited by Devon: 13 November 2017 - 02:20 AM

Just a few things I have noticed.

1) The second set of cutscenes still play without sound for me. This happened when I replayed DeathWish. I would hear the introduction movie, but the second cutscene was silent in each episode.

2) It seems that when you use the map and turn off follow mode, only the forward and back keys work. To navigate around the map, you need to keep rotating the mouse to get the right direction.

Just a general thing, perhaps I am at fault here, but I swear the dynomite and napalm would hit their targets more easily in the past. It seems to go through the enemy more than I remember. This could be because I don't have autoaim on. Though I don't remember missing so much in Dos. I could be remembering incorrectly though.

Keep up the good work!

User is offline   m210® 

View PostDevon, on 13 November 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

NVIDIA\GLCache

Btw, with latest driver (388) I also had freezes at some places and maximum 650fps (my second card Intel Iris 5200 worked better then GDX750Ti with this driver :D )

After downgrade drivers to 374 I got 2500fps without lags...382 also gave me 650fps but without lags.

View PostTiddalick, on 13 November 2017 - 03:01 AM, said:

but I swear the dynomite and napalm would hit their targets more easily in the past.

Exactly no ;)

User is offline   Devon 

View PostM210, on 13 November 2017 - 03:59 AM, said:

Btw, with latest driver (388) I also had freezes at some places and maximum 650fps (my second card Intel Iris 5200 worked better then GDX750Ti with this driver :D )

After downgrade drivers to 374 I got 2500fps without lags...382 also gave me 650fps but without lags.

Exactly no ;)

Damn drivers..

Hello.

Is there any possible way to add either 16bit or 8bit option (preferably 8bit color) like eduke32 has.

For some reason the win 10 laptop I have is good on paper but struggles with software mode for some ports. But even though bloodgdx isnt using software style rendering.

For some reason I cant run with out framerate issues etc. Unless I tried windowed. I notice its all in 32bit colors. Is there any chance you will add 8bit colors as well for resolutions?

I tried the work around to right click bgdx but theres no compatibility option tab. normally you could use windows to force apps to run a certain color level. no options work for this.

Also I checked gdx ini file. no options there. I swore the early blood gdx versions had it though.

Would REALLY HELP !!!!!!!

Two things, I assume you're asking in the hopes of better performance.

First, the classic renderer is more CPU intensive than OpenGL rendering. This increases as resolutions get higher.
Second, with any remotely recent GPU, running at 8 bit color depth would actually be slower.

View PostPhredreeke, on 30 November 2017 - 02:42 AM, said:

Two things, I assume you're asking in the hopes of better performance.

First, the classic renderer is more CPU intensive than OpenGL rendering. This increases as resolutions get higher.
Second, with any remotely recent GPU, running at 8 bit color depth would actually be slower.

I already understand those things. Im just saying that for some reason 32 bit color gives stuttering issues weither in software or hardware. but on 8bit mode I can run flawlessly and it doesnt look any different. Thats why I was wondering if it has similarities eduke. Hoping for resolution selections with 8bit color or even 16 as well.

User is offline   Caleb 

Hey M210,

first of all, thank you for your continuous work on the port, great stuff!
BloodGDX 0.782 resolved the cutsceneB sound issue for me, but introduced another one which might be related.
The ingame midi music keeps playing in the second cutscene. Tested with e1m7.
Sound setting: OpenAL Soft, Midi Synth: Gervill.

I have the same issue as Caleb.

I also used to have the issue of no sound with CutsceneB. That is now working.
However, the midi continues to play uninterrupted over the top of it.
Sound settings: OpenAL Soft, Midi Synth: Roland Midi Port

User is offline   m210® 

I already fix it, wait for next release :D

User is offline   Caleb 

Great, much appreciated!
On that note, I noticed that since a few releases back, the sound of the intro videos doesn't seem to play for me anymore. The videos play just fine.
Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact version number from which it stopped working.

User is offline   Caleb 

View PostCaleb, on 10 December 2017 - 03:38 AM, said:

Great, much appreciated!
On that note, I noticed that since a few releases back, the sound of the intro videos doesn't seem to play for me anymore. The videos play just fine.
Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact version number from which it stopped working.

Just to clarify: The logos of Monolith and GT Interactive, that is, not the intro movies of the episodes. Those work just fine.

User is offline   m210® 

Whats writing a console?

User is offline   J432 

View PostCaleb, on 10 December 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

I noticed that since a few releases back, the sound of the intro videos doesn't seem to play for me anymore. The videos play just fine.

Try to put gti.wav and logo811m.wav into the main game directory.

Bug report:
https://forums.duke4...post__p__288071

This post has been edited by J432: 10 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostJ432, on 10 December 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

Try to put gti.wav and logo811m.wav into the main game directory.

Bug report:
https://forums.duke4...post__p__288071

Do you want to say, that you still have this problem?
My gti.wav and logo811m.wav placed in "Movie" folder and working fine.

But today I knew, that BloodGDX doesn't works in Turkish language of Windows, because "I" and "i" symbols are different.
What language are you using?

User is offline   J432 

View PostM210, on 11 December 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

Do you want to say, that you still have this problem?
My gti.wav and logo811m.wav placed in "Movie" folder and working fine.

But today I knew, that BloodGDX doesn't works in Turkish language of Windows, because "I" and "i" symbols are different.
What language are you using?

It was not problem with language version. I checked it again and found that when the game is installed with gog installer, it puts logo.smk and gti.smk in the main directory without the corresponding wav files. These files must either be deleted or corresponding wav files be copied there, otherwise sound will not play even if these files are also in movie folder.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options