• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   kimec 

View Posticecoldduke, on 26 July 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

You should not be citing them as a reference for anything. All they do is make bullshit, unfounded claims.

Hence the rumour not reference and 3 times adjective 'controversial' in one sentence.

User is offline   Devon 

On the Frenchmeat v1.1 E1M3 cabals forest i encountered a normal shotgun cultist who shot plasma at me. I can see his firing animation is clearly not plasma but the sound and projectile are.

Im running v0.771
Save file is linked below.

https://ufile.io/mmf1z

User is offline   m210® 

it's a normal :thumbsup: Just bug of the map...I saw such in DeathWish

Attached File(s)

This may be an audio resource bug or all incredible coincidences: The axe zombies use the "more brains" and the roar taunts but they never seems to say the single "brains" taunt to me.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

This is not a bug nor a problem at all but I just found about something and I have a little suggestion based on this.

You can integrate BloodGDX to Steam perfectly by replacing the Steam version's dosbox.exe if you create a batch file to BloodGDX.jar and convert that batch file to an exe in order to launch the game. You just rename the exe to dosbox.exe and Steam will use that file to launch the game and even the overlay works. Looks nice:
http://i.imgur.com/xNz6j3C.jpg

Based on this I think it would be really useful to include an exe file in the next release so people could do this more easily without the need to mess around with creating batch files and converting them to exes.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 28 July 2017 - 04:33 AM

User is offline   Devon 

View PostZaxx, on 28 July 2017 - 04:26 AM, said:

This is not a bug nor a problem at all but I just found about something and I have a little suggestion based on this.

You can integrate BloodGDX to Steam perfectly by replacing the Steam version's dosbox.exe if you create a batch file to BloodGDX.jar and convert that batch file to an exe in order to launch the game. You just rename the exe to dosbox.exe and Steam will use that file to launch the game and even the overlay works. Looks nice:

Based on this I think it would be really useful to include an exe file in the next release so people could do this more easily without the need to mess around with creating batch files and converting them to exes.

I couldnt agree more..

Also we really need a .exe so i can finally get Bloodgdx to work with reshade 3.0.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostDevon, on 28 July 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

I couldnt agree more..

Also we really need a .exe so i can finally get Bloodgdx to work with reshade 3.0.

ReShade would need a lot more than a dummy exe sadly though if it works with EDuke32 (I don't know if it does, never tried it) there may be a chance of support happening one day.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostZaxx, on 28 July 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

ReShade would need a lot more than a dummy exe sadly though if it works with EDuke32 (I don't know if it does, never tried it) there may be a chance of support happening one day.

It does work with both EDuke32 and BloodGDX. For BloodGDX ReShade needs to be installed in the java/jre##/bin directory. I also needed to swap the red and blue colors in some of the shader header files... Look for return color.

User is offline   Devon 

View PostDrek, on 28 July 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

It does work with both EDuke32 and BloodGDX. For BloodGDX ReShade needs to be installed in the java/jre##/bin directory. I also needed to swap the red and blue colors in some of the shader header files... Look for return color.

I tried to put reshade in the java bin dir but i cant get it to work.

If you know how to do it could you maybe upload the modified files for me ? plz =)

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostDevon, on 28 July 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

I tried to put reshade in the java bin dir but i cant get it to work.

If you know how to do it could you maybe upload the modified files for me ? plz =)

Ok, later tonight or tomorrow some time, once I'm back on my pc. Is your java 32bit or 64bit?

User is offline   J432 

View PostZaxx, on 28 July 2017 - 04:26 AM, said:

I agree. Most people that play Blood today use probably Steam or GOG version so they should be integrated as good as possible. There should be for example also support for .bin images so cutscenes play without need to extract them. An installer that would detect a game version (Steam, GOG, orig.) and set up everything automatically would be also helpful (a version without installer could still be available too for those who prefer it). Flawless installing experience will bring many players to BloodGDX.

This post has been edited by J432: 29 July 2017 - 12:23 AM

User is offline   Devon 

View PostDrek, on 28 July 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

Ok, later tonight or tomorrow some time, once I'm back on my pc. Is your java 32bit or 64bit?

It is 64bit.

Thank you!

This post has been edited by Devon: 29 July 2017 - 02:57 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

You're welcome.

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

You need to unzip this in the proper java/jre##/bin folder. opengl32.dll needs to end up in the same folder with java.exe and javaw.exe.

This post has been edited by Drek: 29 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

User is offline   Ceekur 

I'm still ecstatic with how quickly progress is moving on this project, as well as how ironed out it's becoming, and it's only on version 0.771. I'm running out of any obvious visual or gameplay bugs that would need to be fixed to match the full One Unit release.
M210, will we see a few additional options, such as keyboard turn speed and automatic weapon swap disable? (only the former was in the original game)

User is offline   Krypto 

Do you intend to fix GDX's inability to render Depth Cueing in the future? It's a feature which determines the lighting value of sectors from a distance, such as a hallway which will become progressively lighter the closer one draws to it and by contrast will become darker the further one distances themselves, this feature helps tremendously in creating a distinct look of realism to Blood's environment. It makes a major difference to game immersion and the current lack of support is responsible for several levels looking significantly different to DOS in terms of lighting. I'm bringing this up as it's the last major fault in my opinion which prevents GDX from effectively replacing DOS as a viable alternative entirely, following the successful implementation of the ROR fix, I feel resolution to this matter will bring GDX to the point of having resolved most major bugs and focus can then be placed on additional gameplay and miscellaneous features.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I did a full playthrough on 0.771 in the last couple of days and there are still several rendering errors similar to the previous ROR issues so it's safe to assume that the port is nowhere near finished.

Stuff like what you can see here in the background:
http://i.imgur.com/QS9sQeN.jpg

I'm sure depth cueing will be tackled in the future too but there are still some more important minor stuff to handle first.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

There's a similar rendering bug in Gothic Library in the Cryptic Passage episode as well as the moving platform in Spare Parts (E3M5)

https://gfycat.com/A...ntineArcticduck

https://gfycat.com/H...easantArmedcrab

User is offline   Devon 

View PostDrek, on 29 July 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

You're welcome.

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

You need to unzip this in the proper java/jre##/bin folder. opengl32.dll needs to end up in the same folder with java.exe and javaw.exe.

I extracted the files you uploaded and put it in the bin folder where java.exe javaw.exe are located.

Ran the game but reshade does not register... i try shift+f2 and as suspected after not seeing any indication of it running it didnt do anything.

reinstalled the latest java installer and now when i try to run bloodgdx a error log gets generated in the game folder but nothing else happens.
i read it could work if you reinstall the graphics driver so i did a clean install using DDU and also unstalled any trace of any java components beforehand.

Reboot... new driver and now install java again... try running bloodgdx and it works.
Next i put reshade in the bin folder again... and then i get an error log when clicking bloodgdx... again!.

Anyway i got sick and tired of reinstalling the graphics driver once more because it started to fail so i just got rid of the damn java installation.

I went back to using the portable installer package that nightfright uploaded and there has never been any problems with it.
The only reason i started with the java installer was because i wanted to try out reshade.

I still dont get it.

only thing i have not tried is to download the reshade installer and afterwards put the modified/renamed files manually in the bin folder.. was that the thing i did wrong all along?

Damn java... it is getting on my f*cking nerves... im one of those stubborn people who just wont give up either so i think this will take up alot of hours in the future..

well well...

User is offline   kimec 

View PostDevon, on 01 August 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

I extracted the files you uploaded and put it in the bin folder where java.exe javaw.exe are located.

Ran the game but reshade does not register... i try shift+f2 and as suspected after not seeing any indication of it running it didnt do anything.

reinstalled the latest java installer and now when i try to run bloodgdx a error log gets generated in the game folder but nothing else happens.
i read it could work if you reinstall the graphics driver so i did a clean install using DDU and also unstalled any trace of any java components beforehand.

Reboot... new driver and now install java again... try running bloodgdx and it works.
Next i put reshade in the bin folder again... and then i get an error log when clicking bloodgdx... again!.

Anyway i got sick and tired of reinstalling the graphics driver once more because it started to fail so i just got rid of the damn java installation.

I went back to using the portable installer package that nightfright uploaded and there has never been any problems with it.
The only reason i started with the java installer was because i wanted to try out reshade.

I still dont get it.

only thing i have not tried is to download the reshade installer and afterwards put the modified/renamed files manually in the bin folder.. was that the thing i did wrong all along?

Damn java... it is getting on my f*cking nerves... im one of those stubborn people who just wont give up either so i think this will take up alot of hours in the future..

well well...

To sum up your post, you complain that shader injector ReShade, which is a hack in the purest sense of the word, does not work with BloodGDX out of the box.

So, in essence you complain a hack does not work with java. And you surely blame that on the hack... oh wait, java?

There, fixed it:

Damn ReShade... it is getting on my f*cking nerves...why can't they make it work with java properly.

This post has been edited by kimec: 01 August 2017 - 11:09 AM

User is offline   Newken 

ROR issue in E1M1:
Posted Image

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostDevon, on 01 August 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

only thing i have not tried is to download the reshade installer and afterwards put the modified/renamed files manually in the bin folder..

A proper install is to get reshade 3 installer, when it asks what game to set it up for point it to java.exe

To be clear it's in the jre (Java runtime environment) folder not jdk (java development kit)

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Another bunch of rendering bugs, this time from the first level of the second episode of Death Wish:
http://i.imgur.com/CyT8nnf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Q6zxLrw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9KEfyWq.jpg

Also here's a huge performance drop (no additional stuff installed, no extra voxels etc.):
http://i.imgur.com/uflMuuc.jpg

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 04 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

You can't use the Prev./Next Weapon choices while using Tesla cannon with Guns Akimbo.

This error popped up at e1m3 at the skull key elevator, killed those cultists, and poof

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by B R Y I N A: 09 August 2017 - 03:21 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks, I will see this. :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by M210: 09 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

Mind if you send a link to 0.771? That wasn't happening in that build.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostB R Y I N A, on 09 August 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Mind if you send a link to 0.771? That wasn't happening in that build.

I don't think that it will help you.

Send me savegame file, I trying to see, what's wrong here

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostB R Y I N A, on 09 August 2017 - 03:20 AM, said:

This error popped up at e1m3 at the skull key elevator, killed those cultists, and poof

Tried to reproduce it for the heck of it (though it's pretty hard because you did not really specify everything), did not happen to me.

User is offline   m210® 

I found the problem - you need to load saved game and look to mirror. I will fix it

User is offline   m210® 

I released 0.773 with fixed this bug.

1. Alpha masked sprites draw fix
2. MidiDevice launch crash fix
3. Load game init mirrors fix
4. Akimbo tesla weapon change fix
5. Fillpolygon globalpal crash

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options