• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postdragonball1957, on 17 August 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Wow are u serious? lol for 20 years I managed to avoid getting killed that way until GDX lol. thats crazy though they should of removed that, the 'door deaths'. Only thing I hate about the main build games is that if you forgot to save for just a moment u lost everything. even weapons when restarting lol.

I thought my game was bugged when I kept dying out of no were. thx for the heads up. I guess then Blood Gdx is just about complete for me then!

I agree that this "feature" should be removed from GDX, I mean if there's a new source port it's only natural to implement very minor fixes like this. The hit detection can be quite bad too, especially when it comes to the flare gun: sometimes shots just don't connect (maybe the most notorious example of this is on the second level of E1, I'll link a video below where you can see it) and flares can get stuck in the environment even when there is a clear line of sight between you and the enemies.

Here you can see a good example on just how bad it can get:
https://www.youtube....h?v=LotR9JiAlqU

If I remember correctly EDuke32 has some kind of tweak in it that lets you shoot crawling facehuggers more easily and also there is a fixpack released by NightFright that makes pushing buttons with the crosshair a lot easier and a lot more precise. Honestly these are archaic flaws in the game mechanics and since we have modern mouse aiming now instead of the old clunky one this stuff becomes a lot more noticeable.

Anyway you can be squished by doors in Duke 3D too but there it's a bit better because only larger automatic doors can kill you while in Blood even a regular wooden door can mean the end of you.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 17 August 2017 - 10:14 AM

User is online   Phredreeke 

M210, if you fix "death by door" could you please make it an optional toggle?

User is offline   Romulus 

The door death happens to enemies too if you're super lucky.

My wife keeps complaining I don't close doors..
She hasn't been through what I've been through..

Because in Blood unlike other Build games deadly doors were more or less intentional feature and not a bug since player occupy different sizes and space than for ex. Duke or Lenard or even Lo Wang. Also there's special sector tag for mapping if I recall to cause this. The only feature Blood always lacked were working ladders, that always required some nifty map tricks utilizing bugs/quirks in collision or just teleporters.

This post has been edited by HenitoKisou: 19 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

User is offline   aybe0 

Over time music will simply not play again when using quick save and quick load features, even more, going to the menu switching it off then on again does not have any effect; but on a level change however the music kicks in again !

User is offline   cardij 

I wanted to let you know that there appears to be a slight bug with the "number of voices" setting or setting the apparent number of sounds that can play simultaneously in the game.

Firstly, setting this number of voices before launching the game via the BloodGDX.ini file (MaxVoices) seems to have no impact (the setting in the .ini file doesn't appear to actually load upon startup).

In the game, there are certain areas where all ambient sounds won't actually be playing. I first noticed this in Bloody Pulp Fiction: E1M1 Cabalanche. In the bar at the beginning of the map, the jukebox isn't playing. I fixed this by going into options and changing the number of voices (either moving it down or up) seems to turn all the ambient sounds back on. However, if you use this voices slider while in the game, it introduces a new bug: the midi music from the previous level (or death) keeps playing on top of the new track when the map reloads.

I've heard mention of the music overlap bug before and perhaps this "voices" setting is closely related to it. I hope this was helpful and I haven't seen mention of this yet. Here is my hardware:

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM (15.87 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
(Using OnBoard HDaudio)

When defining new textures, how do I apply a different image to a different palette? (in this case, the underwater palettes)
Also, is there any easy way to see what palette a specific texture is using?

User is offline   aybe0 

Sometimes invoking the inventory will not pick item on first item change,

I think there might be a bug like,

- previously used item is exhausted
- GDX tries to focus on it but fails
- switching to another item gives focus

i.e. sometimes you need switch items twice for getting the item selection rectangle

User is offline   aybe0 

- if you have dynamite and jump and on water, you end hands free
- when you get out of the water to the ground your hands will still be free
- switching next/previous weapon won't work, you have to use a direct key to a weapon (1-9) for it to be equipped again

User is offline   aybe0 

Sometimes rendering is wrong in the map when looking at a certain angle,

Attached File  scree0000.jpg (245.86K)
Number of downloads: 24

Attached File  scree0001.jpg (245.6K)
Number of downloads: 22

And btw, the screenshot feature should be optimized, it produces 9Mb PNGs :)

User is offline   aybe0 

Maybe this has been posted already,

The mouse cursor in the menu is not restricted to the visible area, consequently you can move it out of screen.

User is offline   Ceekur 

View Postaybe0, on 21 August 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

Maybe this has been posted already,

The mouse cursor in the menu is not restricted to the visible area, consequently you can move it out of screen.

I personally like this. When I'm in windowed, I can easily change focus without alt-tabbing if I'm in a menu.

User is offline   aybe0 

There is a bug in E2M6,

when you have a switch in the house close to end of level :

if you shoot the door shaped as half cylinder, you will leave decals on it,

but when you press the switch to rotate open the door, the decals will remain in place, not rotating with the door

I just checked, that bug is in the original game too

User is offline   aybe0 

e2m7

used the boots to jump to the switch on top right, then followed the path which leads to this view,

Attached File  scree0002.jpg (438.66K)
Number of downloads: 22

the switch makes the chains move, but at the same time dead bodies below are moving !

User is offline   aybe0 

View PostPhredreeke, on 24 August 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

I just checked, that bug is in the original game too

so you mean it'll be left untouched for original behavior ? :)

User is offline   m210® 

I will don't touch original bugs while BloosGDX don't working as original. There is a lot of differents is need to fix now.

User is offline   TheCultist 

Is something wrong with French Meat E1M7 with BloodGDX v0.774? When I get inside the "museum" and fight the green cultists, floor changes color and also I can't shoot them sometimes.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTheCultist, on 29 August 2017 - 06:16 AM, said:

Is something wrong with French Meat E1M7 with BloodGDX v0.774? When I get inside the "museum" and fight the green cultists, floor changes color and also I can't shoot them sometimes.

I didn't played it yet, therefore can't answer, what's wrong. I will check it

There are some bugs i"ve waited to post in hopes they would be resolved, but i suppose nobody has caught them yet.

1.)Space bar cannot be used for swimming up but can be used still for jump. pretty annoying bug, only major one i have found.

2.) slopes and no auto aim causes your aim to be off center wildly. for instance, in even death may die,
when running up the steps your view will automatically tilt down (would be nice if this could be toggled) but your aim will not tilt with it.
Here's the clincher, Blood does this too! but in Blood, autoaim was forced so you never really noticed.
I would kindly request the auto tilt be toggleable, i dont think anyone cares for it especially if using mouselook, and that if there must
be auto tilt that the aim "bug" would be fixed. i dont like auto aim myself and for instance i was glad when auto aim was a toggleable feature in
the steam megaton edition, and that once you hit a monster all your follow up shots were not pinpoint accurate like in the original. That "feature"
annoyed me too.
Also, a little better mouse look if possible, i have a high dpi mouse and the aim is still a little gritty. these things would be excellent quality of life features.

3.) sometimes, when using cheats ( i used lara croft on post mortem), dying, and respawning,
picking up a weapon will actually give you the weapon with full ammo, though you wont restart with all weapons and the weapons will take ammo.

I'll let you know if i find anything else.

User is offline   Mr. Death 

View Postcrudux cruo, on 05 September 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

2.) slopes and no auto aim causes your aim to be off center wildly. for instance, in even death may die,
when running up the steps your view will automatically tilt down (would be nice if this could be toggled) but your aim will not tilt with it.
Here's the clincher, Blood does this too! but in Blood, autoaim was forced so you never really noticed.
I would kindly request the auto tilt be toggleable, i dont think anyone cares for it especially if using mouselook, and that if there must
be auto tilt that the aim "bug" would be fixed. i dont like auto aim myself and for instance i was glad when auto aim was a toggleable feature in
the steam megaton edition, and that once you hit a monster all your follow up shots were not pinpoint accurate like in the original. That "feature"
annoyed me too.
Also, a little better mouse look if possible, i have a high dpi mouse and the aim is still a little gritty. these things would be excellent quality of life features.

Disabling the "slope tilting" option under the "game setup" menu might be what you're looking for.

User is offline   Mr. Death 

View PostMr. Death, on 13 July 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

Another bug I noticed is that when looking all the way down the very bottom of the screen becomes distorted:
Attachment Blood 3.jpg

I've just noticed that this bug was not present in 0.769, but has returned in subsequent versions.

OK, scratch 2. then, thanks for letting me know!

Doesn't that happen in eduke32 too when shrunk?

User is offline   TheCultist 

I tried the latest BloodGDX, v0.775, and I loaded my Death Wish E3 savefile. At the ending, when the cutscene starts, it's all in wrong colors, it does not load correctly.

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks, I will check

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I have to say I'm glad that I played through the game with one of the initial releases because even though the improvements are clear the port is just getting buggier and buggier at this point when it comes to the small details. I mean just look at this:
Posted Image
Basically turning slope tilting off does not work anymore because standing on a slope will mess up your aiming. But hey, at least the workaround is easy because everything's fine with slope tilting turned on.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 07 September 2017 - 02:19 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Therefore I don't like to fix "original" bugs...anyway cutscenes and slope aim fixed. Redownload the BloodGDX.

getting buggier and buggier

It's strange that my attempt of fixing slope aiming you called "buggier and buggier" or maybe is there something else?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostM210, on 07 September 2017 - 03:02 AM, said:

Therefore I don't like to fix "original" bugs...anyway cutscenes and slope aim fixed. Redownload the BloodGDX.

Thanks!

It's strange that my attempt of fixing slope aiming you called "buggier and buggier" or maybe is there something else?

I don't quite understand what you mean: slope tilting off was buggy in the original game too? It certainly wasn't buggy in BloodGDX before.

As for the something else: stuff like this but I think you already know about this one:
Posted Image
These issues weren't there in the initial releases so while overall the game was behind the current version everything seemed to work just fine.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 07 September 2017 - 03:40 AM

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options