Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   m210® 

slope tilting off was buggy in the original game too?

Yes, it's an original bug, you can check it.

And yes, I know about nvidia z-figthing bug, I will try to to fix it later

User is offline   Tekedon 

View PostZaxx, on 07 September 2017 - 03:33 AM, said:

Thanks!

I don't quite understand what you mean: slope tilting off was buggy in the original game too? It certainly wasn't buggy in BloodGDX before.

As for the something else: stuff like this but I think you already know about this one:
Posted Image
These issues weren't there in the initial releases so while overall the game was behind the current version everything seemed to work just fine.

He has fixed it now, redownload, slope-tilting that is.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 07 September 2017 - 04:57 AM

User is offline   Phredreeke 

The weapon swapping order is off underwater.
If you swap forwards you get Pitchfork -> ... -> Napalm launcher -> Empty -> Pitchfork
Swap backwards you get Remote detonator -> ... -> Tesla gun - > Empty -> Remote detonator

Also, could you implement an underwater tint for high res textures to simulate a globalpal change?

Noticed that the startup window does not remember your settings anymore, like framrate cap for instance. It did this before.

User is offline   m210® 

I will think how to make water hires textures better, but I think you can define pal 1 texture in def file, isn't it?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTekedon, on 07 September 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

Noticed that the startup window does not remember your settings anymore, like framrate cap for instance. It did this before.

Strange. Ok I will check it

Cool. Also found a small shadow bug when PAL is set to 1.

Attached File(s)

View PostM210, on 07 September 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

I will think how to make water hires textures better, but I think you can define pal 1 texture in def file, isn't it?

Nope, texture.def changes palette lookup values not global palettes. Learned this a while back when I tried to implement this.

The simplest fix I can think of is making high res textures display underwater at 45%,45%,60% RGB values.

I'm still having the flickering textures :)

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMariusArmand, on 07 September 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

I'm still having the flickering textures :)

I'm not fixed it yet....yes, but I want try to make something at near future :)

View PostM210, on 07 September 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

I'm not fixed it yet....yes, but I want try to make something at near future :)

Cool, thx :)

User is offline   J432 

View PostJ432, on 23 July 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

When I go through vent shaft in E6M3: Public Storage without crouching, upper half of the screen is black.

Posted Image

The same shaft in DOSBox.

Posted Image

Upper half of the screen is not black in 0.775 but there are still graphics glitches in vent shaft without crouching.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by J432: 07 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

When I run bloodgdx.jar since 0.776 the screen blacks three times in quick succession before launching. This didn't happen in previous versions

User is offline   J432 

View PostPhredreeke, on 11 September 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

When I run bloodgdx.jar since 0.776 the screen blacks three times in quick succession before launching. This didn't happen in previous versions

Strange, I have no such problem.

User is offline   m210® 

I didn't change something in launcher

Video of what happens (yes, I need to clean my screen)

https://gfycat.com/tidybleakaxolotl

User is offline   J432 

I tried to compare sound in Monolith logo at the start of the game with original version of Blood. I have GOG version where logo does not play at all so I could not compare it. But logo works in Blood shareware 1.11 if logo.smk is copied to the program folder. When laser is engraving word "productions" there should be sound but that part is silent in BloodGDX. And short static sound at the start and end of cutscenes that is heard in BloodGDX is missing in original.

This post has been edited by J432: 11 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostJ432, on 11 September 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

I tried to compare sound in Monolith logo at the start of the game with original version of Blood. I have GOG version where logo does not play at all so I could not compare it. But logo works in Blood shareware 1.11 if logo.smk is copied to the program folder. When laser is engraving word "productions" there should be sound but that part is silent in BloodGDX. And short static sound at the start and end of cutscenes that is heard in BloodGDX is missing in original.

Sound is a bit out of sync, guess that's what causes the issue. But hey, at least we can hear the cutscenes now, so cool! :)

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 11 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

User is offline   Mariusz 

Hello,
Thank you for the new version 776
When I play the e1m1 map I get this view:

Attached File(s)

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMariusz, on 11 September 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Hello,
Thank you for the new version 776
When I play the e1m1 map I get this view:

It's a normal :)

User is offline   J432 

View PostZaxx, on 11 September 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Sound is a bit out of sync, guess that's what causes the issue. But hey, at least we can hear the cutscenes now, so cool! :)

Yes, this is a minor glitch, nothing major to report as the port is still better. :) Another minor glitch:
BloodGDX 0.776, Ep1/Level 7 of Death Wish - sewer hatch and news leaflet that is nearby are flickering.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by J432: 12 September 2017 - 01:47 AM

There's some weird dithering on the lower half of enemies

Posted Image

User is offline   m210® 

Yeah, I noticed this problem, but now I think I can fix it later :) But at tjis time I want start to write a file cache, for better linux support and make one more step to load addons with arts and sounds from main menu

User is offline   XxMiltenXx 

BloodGDX 0.776 added cutscene sounds, however, the sound for me is extremely distorted. Any idea why?
The cutscenes for me are within the Blood older under "Movie" and it contains the SMK and their corresponding wave files. If I play them with e.g. my Video player they work fine.

Also MIDI Synth selection isn't working for me. If I e.g. select "Midi Mapper" or "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" music will be disabled and I cannot enable it (even thoguh they are working correctly in other programs/games). If I select my external MIDI keyboard I can enable MIDI again, but it'll use play via "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" instead.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostXxMiltenXx, on 12 September 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

BloodGDX 0.776 added cutscene sounds, however, the sound for me is extremely distorted. Any idea why?
The cutscenes for me are within the Blood older under "Movie" and it contains the SMK and their corresponding wave files. If I play them with e.g. my Video player they work fine.

Also MIDI Synth selection isn't working for me. If I e.g. select "Midi Mapper" or "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" music will be disabled and I cannot enable it (even thoguh they are working correctly in other programs/games). If I select my external MIDI keyboard I can enable MIDI again, but it'll use play via "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" instead.

Check your wav files at first, it should be 22050hz.
I haven't problems with MIDI devices, therefore I can't fix something..but some people saying, that delete bloodgdx.ini make solve the problem with initialization midi device error.

User is offline   XxMiltenXx 

View PostM210, on 12 September 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

Check your wav files at first, it should be 22050hz.
I haven't problems with MIDI devices, therefore I can't fix something..but some people saying, that delete bloodgdx.ini make solve the problem with initialization midi device error.

Thanks, I was able to find the error for the cutscenes: My WAV files are PCM 16-Bit as opposed to PCM 8-Bit. Saving them as 8-Bit fixed it. I guess I must've tinkered with them over the years.

Deleting the INI file did not fix the problem with MIDI however. If I check the INI file after making my settings, it is saved correctly, however the issue as described persists.
I am on Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit.

This post has been edited by XxMiltenXx: 12 September 2017 - 05:02 AM

User is offline   J432 

View PostXxMiltenXx, on 12 September 2017 - 04:54 AM, said:

Thanks, I was able to find the error for the cutscenes: My WAV files are PCM 16-Bit as opposed to PCM 8-Bit. Saving them as 8-Bit fixed it. I guess I must've tinkered with them over the years.

Deleting the INI file did not fix the problem with MIDI however. If I check the INI file after making my settings, it is saved correctly, however the issue as described persists.
I am on Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit.

Maybe this MIDI driver could help you:
http://coolsoft.alte...irtualmidisynth

User is offline   J432 

There are graphical glitches at the end of Ep.2/Level 1 in Death Wish.

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Newken 

Screenshots of moving water are being made with some red stuff:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Blood Chronicles 2, BCE1M7 whole sky generates huge hom, while it was little issue under original executable due to low res in BloodGDX whole sky is a mess. This addon uses only default textures, only new mid but they work right from scratch when ini, midi and maps are unpacked to Blood folder so I don't know why it messes up with port and no, even hi-res skyboxes do the same thing.

This post has been edited by HenitoKisou: 13 September 2017 - 02:27 AM

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options