Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 31 Pages +
  • « First
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   m210 

  • 515

#781

Yes, I already made software renderer, but not ready yet. SW will using NOT instead of Polymost, you can choose between polymost and SW
1

User is online   Phredreeke 

  • 258

#782

Not instead of, in addition to.

Edit: Disregard this post, I didn't see there was a new page.


This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 23 November 2018 - 02:28 AM

0

User is offline   Tekedon 

  • 56

#783

Bugs I found:


- If you place life leech in multiplayer you cannot pick up any weapons until the life leech is destroyed or picked up again.
- Crystal ball image (when using crystal ball) is flipped on the side, so the image shows sideways.
1

User is offline   m210 

  • 515

#784

View PostTekedon, on 24 November 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Bugs I found:

- Crystal ball image (when using crystal ball) is flipped on the side, so the image shows sideways.

Yeah, forgot about it.
0

User is offline   Krypto 

  • 1

#785

First of all, congrats on the latest release and thank you for your continued development of GDX, I was beginning to worry you were starting to neglect it in favour of RedneckGDX :D

A few issues I noticed.

- The resampler options need further work, although 'Nearest' has better sound quality compared to 'Linear' the sound volume doesn't seem consistent. For example if you stand still and fire the Flaregun it's fine, but if you start to strafe left or right, the volume reduces, well it sounds like the audio is switching between the left and right speaker as if it's set to mono instead of stereo. The Tommy gun sounds muffled and distorted, if you compare the sounds between vanilla and GDX you'll see what I mean.

- Demos don't playback in random order, that option has been broken ever since the feature was first introduced.

- Is their any reason the intro cutscenes for the Monolith and GTI logo get cut off for a few seconds at the end? It doesn't play for the full duration, if you compare them to running in DOSBox you'll see what I mean. This happens for both the idle version when cutscenes are disabled and the cinematic version when cutscenes are enabled.

Also thanks for adding 'Vanilla mode' but it would be nice to have a list of what bugs it restores, I see the infinite burning man is back which was always charming ;) also could you add an option to restore the Life Leech back to it's 1.0 behaviour where it leechs health? Then you can toggle it on and off.

View PostM210, on 23 November 2018 - 02:16 AM, said:

Yes, I already made software renderer, but not ready yet. SW will using NOT instead of Polymost, you can choose between polymost and SW


This is awesome to hear, but what benefits will the software renderer bring? I hope it can fix the color palette issue and make colors authentic like vanilla :D
0

User is offline   Tekedon 

  • 56

#786

BIG BUG: Tchenobog is unkillable in this version, he can't die no matter how much you shoot him. Just noticed this when play my old "the slums" map.

**Update, looks like it's only in my map, might be because he spawns in. He dies in e4m8. Can you check this? He dies in my map when you play in dosbox.

Also.. Bring back the "pause" button :D

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 25 November 2018 - 10:52 AM

0

User is offline   VGA 

  • 14

#787

Can eduke32's palette emulation code be useful?
0

User is offline   m210 

  • 515

#788

View PostVGA, on 25 November 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

Can eduke32's palette emulation code be useful?

As I said before, I already made palette shader a few years ago for my gta2 remake. I just need to prepare Polymost and TextureManager to work with this shader.

Quote

He dies in my map when you play in dosbox.

Can you give me a link?

Quote

Demos don't playback in random order, that option has been broken ever since the feature was first introduced.

- Is their any reason the intro cutscenes for the Monolith and GTI logo get cut off for a few seconds at the end? It doesn't play for the full duration, if you compare them to running in DOSBox you'll see what I mean. This happens for both the idle version when cutscenes are disabled and the cinematic version when cutscenes are enabled.

You just need to see more, than one demo file then you will see, that random playing is working, but initial value is always is 0...so, fixed.

about movies, just don't know what to answer, I can't comfirm it. It working as should.

Quote

also could you add an option to restore the Life Leech back to it's 1.0 behaviour where it leechs health? Then you can toggle it on and off.

Maybe later.

Quote

but what benefits will the software renderer bring?

Nothing to me, just a fully porting of build engine, but yes, SW working with palettes.


This post has been edited by M210: 26 November 2018 - 12:01 PM

0

User is offline   Tekedon 

  • 56

#789

Sure Alex! Map I was talking about, might have been a one off thing but still strange. Peppered Tcherno with dual napalms at the end for a few minutes and nothing happened.

http://blood.freemin...ion=maps&id=477

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 26 November 2018 - 11:59 AM

0

User is offline   m210 

  • 515

#790

View PostTekedon, on 26 November 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

Sure Alex! Map I was talking about, might have been a one off thing but still strange. Peppered Tcherno with dual napalms at the end for a few minutes and nothing happened.

http://blood.freemin...ion=maps&id=477

Ok, thanks. I will see, what's wrong :)
0

User is offline   VGA 

  • 14

#791

In the map Crystal Lake I noticed a HoM glitch in the lake bottom where there is an opening. I checked it in Dosbox and it looks correct there.

There are also a couple of other glitches I noticed but they happen in Dosbox v1.21 as well. I am talking about not being able to hit the explosive barrel in the upper floor of the first house/barn and not falling when the elevator platform automatically goes down. Unless you move, then you fall. I am mentioning them in case you want to fix the engine bugs when Vanilla mode is disabled :)

Attached File(s)


0

User is offline   Tekedon 

  • 56

#792

View PostVGA, on 26 November 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

In the map Crystal Lake I noticed a HoM glitch in the lake bottom where there is an opening. I checked it in Dosbox and it looks correct there.

There are also a couple of other glitches I noticed but they happen in Dosbox v1.21 as well. I am talking about not being able to hit the explosive barrel in the upper floor of the first house/barn and not falling when the elevator platform automatically goes down. Unless you move, then you fall. I am mentioning them in case you want to fix the engine bugs when Vanilla mode is disabled :)


The bug in the screenshot happens everywhere right now where you are in a diveable water area and looking at a stacked sector.
0

User is offline   BL1TZKRI3G 

  • 0

#793

hey uh, i noticed a problem where after updating to 0.768 the sound quality has become noticeably lower and more compress-y and pixel-y if you can get what I'm saying and MIDI music doesn't work.

EAT MY SPICY MEMES LADS
0

User is offline   VGA 

  • 14

#794

I think recent versions add some sound related options, try toggling them. MIDI works fine for me.

Also, I think 0.796 is the newest? :)
0

User is offline   m210 

  • 515

#795

View PostVGA, on 06 December 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:


Also, I think 0.796 is the newest? :)

Yes, 0.796 is latest (as you can see on my site).
I cant agree, that since 0.768 bloodgdx has worse sounds, just because sound driver was same from first version 0.750 to 0.795.
Bloodgdx has dummymusic driver as default, so just setup midi driver for get it works
2

User is online   supergoofy 

  • 54

#796

you can set it up with loopmidi + falcosoft midi player + roland sound canvas va
if you want a good midi playback

or with coolsoft virtualmidisynth + a good soundfont

or you can even try vstmidi driver + yamaha s-yxg50 vsti

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 08 December 2018 - 06:17 AM

0

User is offline   m210 

  • 515

#797

View PostVGA, on 26 November 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

In the map Crystal Lake I noticed a HoM glitch in the lake bottom where there is an opening. I checked it in Dosbox and it looks correct there.

I fixed this bug by disable my old ROR tweak, but I forgot what's doing my old code. Maybe this code fixed some other places. Time will show
0

User is offline   Fists Akimbo 

  • 1

#798

For some reason, version 0.796 of Blood GDX does not recognize my capslock key to any capacity; the older version I was playing (either 0.792 or 0.793, probably was 0.792) did not have this problem. The config file still had capslock listed for run toggle, and I could still clear the key with delete, but it never recognized capslock when pressed.
1

User is offline   Tekedon 

  • 56

#799

View PostFists Akimbo, on 12 December 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

For some reason, version 0.796 of Blood GDX does not recognize my capslock key to any capacity; the older version I was playing (either 0.792 or 0.793, probably was 0.792) did not have this problem. The config file still had capslock listed for run toggle, and I could still clear the key with delete, but it never recognized capslock when pressed.


I also noticed the same thing.
0

User is offline   Ceekur 

  • 0

#800

View PostFists Akimbo, on 12 December 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

For some reason, version 0.796 of Blood GDX does not recognize my capslock key to any capacity; the older version I was playing (either 0.792 or 0.793, probably was 0.792) did not have this problem. The config file still had capslock listed for run toggle, and I could still clear the key with delete, but it never recognized capslock when pressed.


Not only that. But oddly whenever I hit my media volume up/down buttons, it toggles autorun + pauses the game. Somehow these buttons are taking the place of both caps-lock and pause/break. They are dedicated buttons and are not combo keys either.
0

User is offline   m210 

  • 515

#801

View PostFists Akimbo, on 12 December 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

For some reason, version 0.796 of Blood GDX does not recognize my capslock key to any capacity; the older version I was playing (either 0.792 or 0.793, probably was 0.792) did not have this problem. The config file still had capslock listed for run toggle, and I could still clear the key with delete, but it never recognized capslock when pressed.



View PostM210, on 22 November 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

... I fixed it after release, so wait for a new version then



This post has been edited by M210: 13 December 2018 - 07:22 PM

0

User is offline   m210 

  • 515

#802

View PostCeekur, on 13 December 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Not only that. But oddly whenever I hit my media volume up/down buttons, it toggles autorun + pauses the game. Somehow these buttons are taking the place of both caps-lock and pause/break. They are dedicated buttons and are not combo keys either.



This is a side effect of the lack of support for lock-keys and pause key in libgdx


This post has been edited by M210: 13 December 2018 - 07:47 PM

0

User is offline   malvado 

  • 9

#803

I'm getting random stutters/freezes on the latest version (0.797). Just me? Any solution to this?

Here's an example: http://webm.land/w/Y2gX/

It happens quite frequently. I haven't experienced this in any of the previous GDX versions I've played (I barely played 0.796 though).

This post has been edited by malvado: 15 December 2018 - 07:36 AM

0

User is offline   m210 

  • 515

#804

Maybe it's texture caching, but bloodgdx have better precache since 0.795
0

User is offline   Mr. Death 

  • 5

#805

View Postmalvado, on 15 December 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

I'm getting random stutters/freezes on the latest version (0.797). Just me? Any solution to this?

Here's an example: http://webm.land/w/Y2gX/

It happens quite frequently. I haven't experienced this in any of the previous GDX versions I've played (I barely played 0.796 though).

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem, but it's always happened for me with BloodGDX & EDuke32.

Very annoying, especially when the stutter/freeze happens while I'm in combat and it gets me killed :(
0

User is offline   Tekedon 

  • 56

#806

Two bugs to report:

- Map screen is bugged in this version
- Shadow wrong way on enemies

Attached File(s)


0

User is offline   malvado 

  • 9

#807

View PostM210, on 15 December 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

Maybe it's texture caching, but bloodgdx have better precache since 0.795

So there's not going to be a fix for this? :(

Versions 0.794 and below were all very good for me (like I said, I don't know about 0.796 because I only tried it for like a minute). This is the only one where I get stutters like this.

This post has been edited by malvado: 15 December 2018 - 09:42 AM

0

User is offline   m210 

  • 515

#808

View Postmalvado, on 15 December 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

So there's not going to be a fix for this? :(

Versions 0.794 and below were all very good for me (like I said, I don't know about 0.796 because I only tried it for like a minute). This is the only one where I get stutters like this.


I doubt it very much, most likely it's just a coincidence(or dying HDD, badblocks, or steam updating Quake Champions))) You can try to launch bloodgdx from ssd, it will working a lot better

View PostMr. Death, on 15 December 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem, but it's always happened for me with BloodGDX & EDuke32.

EDuke32 has faster caching then Bloodgdx, so If I can make caching in bloodgdx better, it will not be faster then eDuke32.

Otherway I can precache of all textures, if you have 4gb videoram and 3-4min to load level :D


This post has been edited by M210: 15 December 2018 - 10:45 PM

0

User is offline   malvado 

  • 9

#809

View PostM210, on 15 December 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

I doubt it very much, most likely it's just a coincidence(or dying HDD, badblocks, or steam updating Quake Champions))) You can try to launch bloodgdx from ssd, it will working a lot better


EDuke32 has faster caching then Bloodgdx, so If I can make caching in bloodgdx better, it will not be faster then eDuke32.

Otherway I can precache of all textures, if you have 4gb videoram and 3-4min to load level :D

Ah man that's too bad. I switched back to 0.794 and the problem went away so I don't think it's my HDD (also all my other games run fine).

In general this new update 0.797 runs much smoother for me than the old versions but then it unfortunately gets these really noticeable stutters/freezes.
0

User is offline   m210 

  • 515

#810

View Postmalvado, on 15 December 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

Ah man that's too bad. I switched back to 0.794 and the problem went away so I don't think it's my HDD (also all my other games run fine).

In general this new update 0.797 runs much smoother for me than the old versions but then it unfortunately gets these really noticeable stutters/freezes.

No ideas, the code is same
0

Share this topic:


  • 31 Pages +
  • « First
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options