Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   M210 

Yes, I already made software renderer, but not ready yet. SW will using NOT instead of Polymost, you can choose between polymost and SW

User is online   Phredreeke 

Not instead of, in addition to.

Edit: Disregard this post, I didn't see there was a new page.

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 23 November 2018 - 02:28 AM

User is offline   Tekedon 

Bugs I found:

- If you place life leech in multiplayer you cannot pick up any weapons until the life leech is destroyed or picked up again.
- Crystal ball image (when using crystal ball) is flipped on the side, so the image shows sideways.

User is offline   M210 

Tekedon, on 24 November 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Bugs I found:

- Crystal ball image (when using crystal ball) is flipped on the side, so the image shows sideways.

Yeah, forgot about it.

User is offline   Krypto 

First of all, congrats on the latest release and thank you for your continued development of GDX, I was beginning to worry you were starting to neglect it in favour of RedneckGDX :D

A few issues I noticed.

- The resampler options need further work, although 'Nearest' has better sound quality compared to 'Linear' the sound volume doesn't seem consistent. For example if you stand still and fire the Flaregun it's fine, but if you start to strafe left or right, the volume reduces, well it sounds like the audio is switching between the left and right speaker as if it's set to mono instead of stereo. The Tommy gun sounds muffled and distorted, if you compare the sounds between vanilla and GDX you'll see what I mean.

- Demos don't playback in random order, that option has been broken ever since the feature was first introduced.

- Is their any reason the intro cutscenes for the Monolith and GTI logo get cut off for a few seconds at the end? It doesn't play for the full duration, if you compare them to running in DOSBox you'll see what I mean. This happens for both the idle version when cutscenes are disabled and the cinematic version when cutscenes are enabled.

Also thanks for adding 'Vanilla mode' but it would be nice to have a list of what bugs it restores, I see the infinite burning man is back which was always charming ;) also could you add an option to restore the Life Leech back to it's 1.0 behaviour where it leechs health? Then you can toggle it on and off.

View PostM210, on 23 November 2018 - 02:16 AM, said:

Yes, I already made software renderer, but not ready yet. SW will using NOT instead of Polymost, you can choose between polymost and SW

This is awesome to hear, but what benefits will the software renderer bring? I hope it can fix the color palette issue and make colors authentic like vanilla :D

BIG BUG: Tchenobog is unkillable in this version, he can't die no matter how much you shoot him. Just noticed this when play my old "the slums" map.

**Update, looks like it's only in my map, might be because he spawns in. He dies in e4m8. Can you check this? He dies in my map when you play in dosbox.

Also.. Bring back the "pause" button :D

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 25 November 2018 - 10:52 AM

User is offline   VGA 

Can eduke32's palette emulation code be useful?

User is offline   M210 

VGA, on 25 November 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

Can eduke32's palette emulation code be useful?

As I said before, I already made palette shader a few years ago for my gta2 remake. I just need to prepare Polymost and TextureManager to work with this shader.

He dies in my map when you play in dosbox.

Can you give me a link?

Demos don't playback in random order, that option has been broken ever since the feature was first introduced.

- Is their any reason the intro cutscenes for the Monolith and GTI logo get cut off for a few seconds at the end? It doesn't play for the full duration, if you compare them to running in DOSBox you'll see what I mean. This happens for both the idle version when cutscenes are disabled and the cinematic version when cutscenes are enabled.

You just need to see more, than one demo file then you will see, that random playing is working, but initial value is always is 0...so, fixed.

about movies, just don't know what to answer, I can't comfirm it. It working as should.

also could you add an option to restore the Life Leech back to it's 1.0 behaviour where it leechs health? Then you can toggle it on and off.

Maybe later.

but what benefits will the software renderer bring?

Nothing to me, just a fully porting of build engine, but yes, SW working with palettes.

This post has been edited by M210: 26 November 2018 - 12:01 PM

Sure Alex! Map I was talking about, might have been a one off thing but still strange. Peppered Tcherno with dual napalms at the end for a few minutes and nothing happened.

http://blood.freemin...ion=maps&id=477

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 26 November 2018 - 11:59 AM

User is offline   M210 

Tekedon, on 26 November 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

Sure Alex! Map I was talking about, might have been a one off thing but still strange. Peppered Tcherno with dual napalms at the end for a few minutes and nothing happened.

http://blood.freemin...ion=maps&id=477

Ok, thanks. I will see, what's wrong :)

User is offline   VGA 

In the map Crystal Lake I noticed a HoM glitch in the lake bottom where there is an opening. I checked it in Dosbox and it looks correct there.

There are also a couple of other glitches I noticed but they happen in Dosbox v1.21 as well. I am talking about not being able to hit the explosive barrel in the upper floor of the first house/barn and not falling when the elevator platform automatically goes down. Unless you move, then you fall. I am mentioning them in case you want to fix the engine bugs when Vanilla mode is disabled :)

Attached File(s)

View PostVGA, on 26 November 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

In the map Crystal Lake I noticed a HoM glitch in the lake bottom where there is an opening. I checked it in Dosbox and it looks correct there.

There are also a couple of other glitches I noticed but they happen in Dosbox v1.21 as well. I am talking about not being able to hit the explosive barrel in the upper floor of the first house/barn and not falling when the elevator platform automatically goes down. Unless you move, then you fall. I am mentioning them in case you want to fix the engine bugs when Vanilla mode is disabled :)

The bug in the screenshot happens everywhere right now where you are in a diveable water area and looking at a stacked sector.

User is offline   BL1TZKRI3G 

hey uh, i noticed a problem where after updating to 0.768 the sound quality has become noticeably lower and more compress-y and pixel-y if you can get what I'm saying and MIDI music doesn't work.

EAT MY SPICY MEMES LADS

User is offline   VGA 

I think recent versions add some sound related options, try toggling them. MIDI works fine for me.

Also, I think 0.796 is the newest? :)

User is offline   M210 

VGA, on 06 December 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Also, I think 0.796 is the newest? :)

Yes, 0.796 is latest (as you can see on my site).
I cant agree, that since 0.768 bloodgdx has worse sounds, just because sound driver was same from first version 0.750 to 0.795.
Bloodgdx has dummymusic driver as default, so just setup midi driver for get it works

User is offline   supergoofy 

you can set it up with loopmidi + falcosoft midi player + roland sound canvas va
if you want a good midi playback

or with coolsoft virtualmidisynth + a good soundfont

or you can even try vstmidi driver + yamaha s-yxg50 vsti

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 08 December 2018 - 06:17 AM

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options