Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project  "see you after Aftershock"

User is online   Phredreeke 

Regarding Nuclear Winter, what about this texture?
Posted Image

It's found both in NW and RR. Is it from when the expansion was originally just a free mod, left in by accident when it turned commercial? Or was it part of some asset CD that both games happened to use?

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Geez people, I know you want to swarm Joe with all possible questions, but this is DK restoration thread and let's keep it on topic.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Well, if the mods are bothered by it then perhaps they can split the non-DK questions into their own topic?

User is offline   Lunick 

I'll split them eventually but knowledge about the addons doesn't come very frequently so I'm okay with it for the moment

User is offline   SillySoft 

• Simply Silly Software

On that note, I'm curious about something. What's the story behind Duke!Zone II's original levels? Did WW ask for those the same way they asked for the H!Zone originals?

Yea, it was similar to H!Zone. We found a bunch of authors who made popular levels online and paid them $ (I forget how much) to make levels for us. I no longer have the contracts for this so I couldn't tell you who made them off of the top of my head. It might be on the CD somewhere.

And what happened near the end? The levels seemed to have cohesive themes through the first episode and parts of the second episode, before becoming very strange for the other parts of E2 and all of E3. I just played them again very recently and it just made those parts stand out more. It just kinda said to me that it didn't quite turn out the way it was supposed to.

I'm pretty sure that's the project where we had one guy saying he could deliver a bunch of content and he failed to deliver it.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSillySoft, on 26 May 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

FWIW: MonkeyShines is an inside joke between myself and Andre

Did anyone use "Monkey" as a nickname?

View PostSillySoft, on 28 May 2021 - 08:00 PM, said:

They came out in a time where like 20 cities had broadband so grabbing maps from the internet was tough for most people.

Interesting point ... I bought H!Zone and a few others, not because London didn't have broadband, but because at that time in the UK, broadband was eye-wateringly expensive and even 56k modem dial-up wasn't cheap (no free local phone calls in the UK); so for many of us, stuff like Doom on CD, H!Zone and Shovelware CDs were the only way of buying games and their addons. The fact that the Heretic episodes were custom-built made H!Zone a little bit special.

This post has been edited by Martin Howe: 01 June 2021 - 03:58 AM

User is offline   MObreck 

View PostSillySoft, on 28 May 2021 - 08:00 PM, said:

I took a lot of crap for D!Zone and H!Zone but here is the truth. They came out in a time where like 20 cities had broadband so grabbing maps from the internet was tough for most people.

Yep, I ended up getting introduced to game modding through those CD compilations for that very reason (including some of your releases). Took a minute before my household got internet and even then I wasn't exactly surrounded by computer savvy people. Thus even after I got online I was mostly poking around blind, having to learn everything by myself. Those CD packs did serve a need during the primordial ooze era of the web.

Will you continue development on this addon after the Aftershock release?

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostVicemanUral, on 30 September 2023 - 11:25 PM, said:

Will you continue development on this addon after the Aftershock release?

Hendricks posted on the Discord that it was in the works but I imagine it's gonna take a while until we see it. Keeps your fingers crossed and be patient would be my recommendation.

User is offline   Master O 

View Postjkas789, on 01 October 2023 - 03:52 PM, said:

Hendricks posted on the Discord that it was in the works but I imagine it's gonna take a while until we see it. Keeps your fingers crossed and be patient would be my recommendation.

Deadly Kiss Forever: The Search for More Lo Wang?

This post has been edited by Master O: 01 February 2024 - 08:05 PM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options