Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project  "see you after Aftershock"

User is offline   jkas789 

We mexicans love to be represented. We love Speedy Gonzalez and there was an actual revolt when WB tried to remove it. In fact the controversy was so big that WB was forced to broadcast it again. Also when Coco came out it was an instant hit over here. Never mind the latino Mario.

Also KOF. There is a reason Angel was added to the game you know ;)

We love that shit.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMaster O, on 20 December 2020 - 08:51 AM, said:

That's interesting that Shadow Warrior caused controversy there, when Japanese fighting games routinely caricature and parody other races and nationalities.

Yeah, sounds like bullshit to me honestly. The idea that Shadow Warrior is offensive is overblown and perpetuated by babies.

Coco is a masterpiece by the way.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 20 December 2020 - 06:46 PM

User is offline   Player Lin 

TBH, I don't really get those complaints, especially from those older, never playing games, closed mind ones... :unsure:

But really, who cares.

Japanese was weird, for whatever reasons...

User is offline   MrFlibble 

I love Shadow Warrior but I think they went way too far with the Hiroshima reference. That's my only complaint.

View PostMrFlibble, on 22 December 2020 - 05:50 AM, said:

I love Shadow Warrior but I think they went way too far with the Hiroshima reference. That's my only complaint.

https://shadowwarrio.../Classic_Quotes

Not only Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Pearl Harbour too.
And I think SW 1997 was not the only one game used that kind of reference...

Somehow I feel they were just lazy on these lines...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Don't be so soft, it's just a game about murdering people.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Are evil ninjas really people? Aren't they (at least) possessed or mutated or something? Actually I always wondered if the hideous grin of an evil ninja is a mask or the real face (also, those teeth). And female ninjas have Glowing Eyes of Doom.

Either way, they aren't civilians.

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

they're creatures "summoned from the dark side"
i think thats supposed to be left to interpretation, but personally i think it just means all the enemies are demons from some sort of demon realm enlisted by Zilla who probably made some sort of deal with the devil or something. the closest to human they get is with the lady ninja and she looks more like a witch demon. the coolie is a zombie

the mercenaries from Wanton Destruction are human though, and i guess so are Zilla and Hung Lo

View PostNinjakitty, on 22 December 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

they're creatures "summoned from the dark side"

Funnily enough, the Shadow Warrior remake would expand on that concept. Shame they did not include big tiddy demon ninja girl. ;)

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

View Postjkas789, on 22 December 2020 - 04:31 PM, said:

Funnily enough, the Shadow Warrior remake would expand on that concept. Shame they did not include big tiddy demon ninja girl. ;)

*reimagining

first one was a great game, story was expanded on and such, however it is also unfaithful to SW1997 in many ways

Yes the first one was good, but it was not faithful at all to Shadow Warrior Classic. Shadow Warrior 2 was shit IMO. i did not like it at all.

That is why I'm excited for Deadly Kiss. It would be the first faithful thing to come out for Shadow Warrior.

TBH, I don't believe DD and FWH would want to do faithful to original 1997 SW, if they want to do, they won't did a reboot at all.
They're both good game, on each their own reasons...

Excited about DK too, even I'm not sure I have time to try when it released... :unsure:

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Faithful to SW1997 wouldn't work in 2013.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostPhredreeke, on 23 December 2020 - 08:48 AM, said:

Faithful to SW1997 wouldn't work in 2013.

Why?

As for DK, it's fine but don't get your hopes up too much. It's still a SillySoft addon.

View PostJimmy, on 23 December 2020 - 09:56 PM, said:

Why?

It's still a SillySoft addon.

Point taken. Also I find that nickname a very apt one.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

What nickname?

View PostJimmy, on 24 December 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

What nickname?

I guess jkas789 was meant "SillySoft"?

Sorry I am in a state of post 24 hour doctor job funk. Yes I though SillySoft was funny :lol:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Oh yeah I get you. The original developer was Simply Silly Software, tends to get shortened to SillySoft around here.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

I miss the 90s early 00, the last decades of sanity before SJWs took over everything including videogame.

Shadow Warrior would be burned if it were made in these times

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

View Postmxrtxn, on 08 January 2021 - 04:54 PM, said:

I miss the 90s early 00, the last decades of sanity before SJWs took over everything including videogame.

Shadow Warrior would be burned if it were made in these times

I miss 90s and early 00s as well. As for SW, It wouldn't be made at all, because developers offices would be burned down or blown up by friendly, mentally well-adjusted individuals.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostBubble Gum Chewer, on 08 January 2021 - 05:26 PM, said:

I miss 90s and early 00s as well. As for SW, It wouldn't be made at all, because developers offices would be burned down or blown up by friendly, mentally well-adjusted individuals.

It is amazing how history repeats itseft in some weird ways

Back in the 1600, we had the puritans and their witchcraft hunting, and everything outside the bible is evil

Now we have new puritans, that see evil in everything that is not politically sjw, lgbt123xyz+-correct.

The some weird way the same puritan spirit or mentality so to speak, but in a different context

Guest_Bubble Gum Chewer_*

View Postmxrtxn, on 08 January 2021 - 06:30 PM, said:

It is amazing how history repeats itseft in some weird ways

Back in the 1600, we had the puritans and their witchcraft hunting, and everything outside the bible is evil

Now we have new puritans, that see evil in everything that is not politically sjw, lgbt123xyz+-correct.

The some weird way the same puritan spirit or mentality so to speak, but in a different context

Conflict seeking behavior is a cancer that never seems to die. Most of the people are ticking bombs really. Happy new year and take care.

User is offline   Avenger 

So, any update on the progress of the project?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

If there was an update someone would have posted don't you think?

User is offline   Lunick 

Some of the key people of this project are working on Ion Fury:Aftershock

God damn, every time this thread gets bumped I hope there may be some news but its always somebody going "any updates?". Should just be locked until theres reason to post here honestly.

I feel your pain. On the other hand, some interesting conversations have been had in here.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postwhirledtsar, on 24 April 2021 - 04:27 PM, said:

God damn, every time this thread gets bumped I hope there may be some news but its always somebody going "any updates?". Should just be locked until theres reason to post here honestly.

Some fucking idiot will just start a new thread.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I know it's going to be glorious once it comes out, that's all I need. That and still being able to play it before I kick the bucket.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 25 April 2021 - 03:49 AM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options