Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project  "No, the project is not dead."

User is online   Hendricks266 

• EDuke32 Senior Developer

View PostMaster O, on 14 June 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

1) Will it be open sourced eventually, like Duke and SW?

It is! :)

View PostMaster O, on 14 June 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

2) Will it end up on GOG, too?

It is! :D

User is offline   Master O 

View PostHendricks266, on 14 June 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Well, I feel dumb for not having noticed it on GOG. :lol:

Does that mean Eduke32 will already support Ion Maiden when IM is eventually released?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I may be wrong here, but in theory you should be able to run IM with latest Eduke32 executable. Haven't tried to confirm it, though. There must be some differences anyway since at least the icon of the exe (and name) is different. :P

User is online   TerminX 

• el fundador

No, you can't currently run IM with eduke32.exe. It will probably be possible later.

EDuke32 wiki svn builds bugs
Join us in #eduke32 on irc.freenode.net!

View PostTerminX, on 15 June 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

No, you can't currently run IM with eduke32.exe. It will probably be possible later.

Given Ion Maiden is open source, it shouldn't be hard to add it to eduke32 in the future, right?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It already uses Eduke32. There are probably just a few minor internal settings in the difference, nothing concrete setting them apart.

Can you please stop posting about Ion Maiden in this thread? There's a perfectly good thread for it already, and you clearly aren't just making a once-off post. https://forums.duke4...181-ion-maiden/

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Before any of the devs get upset, I understand that you are working on Ion Maiden and that's your priority right now. That's fine. I am not forcing you to do anything.

Since this thread is actually about Shadow Warrior, are there actually any plans to finally support it within eduke32? That guy with his other SW port who was working on it last year disappeared.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

And his approach was wrong, don't forget to mention that.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

NightFright, on 17 June 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

And his approach was wrong, don't forget to mention that.

I remember how he got a lot of grief for it, too.

This post has been edited by Master O: 17 June 2018 - 11:47 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The devs have talked about being able to support all build games in eduke32 down the line, of course that's a fair way off.

The 'other guy' focused entirely on short term results rather than long term, with all the downsides associated with that. In hindsight it seems that his motivation was being able to produce cool-looking stuff and seeing the results. Of course, when it comes to the boring bits under the hood that don't have any immediate, visible results, he seemed to lose interest. Someone more interested in the long term would have pushed through, and done several things differently to make it easier, more flexible and more coherent down the line.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options