Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project - Duke4.net Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project  "in active production as of 2021"

User is offline   Avenger 

View PostJimmy, on 23 April 2021 - 07:50 PM, said:

If there was an update someone would have posted don't you think?

Clearly not or I wouldn't be asking.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Since this thread is already being bumped, I'll take the opportunity to ask a question. Has existing but unused shadow warrior assets been considered for use in Deadly Kiss? What comes to mind is Lee's unused tracks for the game as well as the graphics found in various prototypes

Attached File  tile4950.png (3.48K)
Number of downloads: 17
(for example, this is from the April 97 proto)

User is online   Jimmy 

• 1776 World Wide

View PostAvenger, on 25 April 2021 - 04:04 PM, said:

Clearly not or I wouldn't be asking.

Please don't breed.

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostPhredreeke, on 25 April 2021 - 04:16 PM, said:

Since this thread is already being bumped, I'll take the opportunity to ask a question. Has existing but unused shadow warrior assets been considered for use in Deadly Kiss? What comes to mind is Lee's unused tracks for the game as well as the graphics found in various prototypes

tile4950.png
(for example, this is from the April 97 proto)

It would be nice to see some of the unused assets used in DK. Given that afaik (from what I remember) the expansion is 90% complete, it would be interesting if the people involved can add their own flair and creativity into it to fill in the gaps.

View PostJimmy, on 25 April 2021 - 09:22 PM, said:

Please don't breed.

My bad.

I forgot that the world revolves around you and that everyone should walk on glass when posting, taking every possible discretion not to potentially trigger your poor sensitive soul.

This post has been edited by Avenger: 26 April 2021 - 04:09 PM

User is online   Jimmy 

• 1776 World Wide

Nice projection, mate.

View PostJimmy, on 26 April 2021 - 04:09 PM, said:

Nice projection, mate.

Reality sucks, don't it?

For future reference:

Post douche bag comment, receive one in return "mate"...

User is offline   Lunick 

• Snazzy Ex Tazzy

View PostNightFright, on 25 April 2021 - 03:48 AM, said:

I know it's going to be glorious once it comes out, that's all I need. That and still being able to play it before I kick the bucket.

Please temper your expectations for Deadly Kiss just a little bit, from what there currently is it is on the same level as Wanton Destruction or Twin Dragon but I hope the team can polish up what is there and make it better than those two expansions.

View Postjkas789, on 26 April 2021 - 07:21 AM, said:

Given that afaik (from what I remember) the expansion is 90% complete, it would be interesting if the people involved can add their own flair and creativity into it to fill in the gaps.

90% complete would be extremely generous and not really true at all. If you took away everything and just had the maps you could maybe argue for 90% but the maps still need another pass through and some are not even finished. The Art and Sound were not ready in the slightest either.

View PostJimmy, on 26 April 2021 - 04:09 PM, said:

Nice projection, mate.

View PostAvenger, on 26 April 2021 - 04:11 PM, said:

Reality sucks, don't it?For future reference:Post douche bag comment, receive one in return "mate"...

Can you two take this somewhere else?

User is online   Jimmy 

• 1776 World Wide

View PostAvenger, on 26 April 2021 - 04:11 PM, said:

Reality sucks, don't it?

For future reference:

Post douche bag comment, receive one in return "mate"...

Sure, noob.

View PostLunick, on 26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM, said:

Please temper your expectations for Deadly Kiss just a little bit, from what there currently is it is on the same level as Wanton Destruction or Twin Dragon but I hope the team can polish up what is there and make it better than those two expansions.

It's definitely the weakest of the expansions as it currently stands. But is a much better work than Nuclear Winter.

90% complete would be extremely generous and not really true at all. If you took away everything and just had the maps you could maybe argue for 90% but the maps still need another pass through and some are not even finished. The Art and Sound were not ready in the slightest either.

Pretty much nothing had been worked on by SillySoft except the maps really.

Can you two take this somewhere else?

Isn't that the Duke4 gestapo's job?

View PostJimmy, on 26 April 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

Sure, noob.

You still whining?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Regarding expectations: If it's DukeDC-ish in the end, it should be enough. I haven't played any of the SW addons since many years, so I don't remember any more how good they actually were.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 27 April 2021 - 08:28 AM

User is offline   jkas789 

Pretty much nothing had been worked on by SillySoft except the maps really.

Damn. Well, I have faith in the team. I'm just happy that Shadow Warrior is having more content. Specially because nu Shadow Warrior has greatly disappointed me.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options