• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

View PostHendricks266, on 08 June 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

It looks like the final version did not ship with any demos. :P

The demos would replace the background of the main menu. I still remember when I still had my old SW shareware disk... I lost it somewhere...

I THINK these may be the original 4: http://swcentral.wee...925/sw01-04.zip

They played in order, replacing the background of the main menu. Maybe you could even add something in the config to turn it on/off.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I should say, the retail 1.2. Upon inspection, shareware 1.2 also did not have demos.

Here are the demos from 1.0 and 1.1 shareware: http://hendricks266....reware_demos.7z

View PostHendricks266, on 08 June 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

I should say, the retail 1.2. Upon inspection, shareware 1.2 also did not have demos.

Here are the demos from 1.0 and 1.1 shareware: http://hendricks266....reware_demos.7z

ROFL
Those coolies are a real menace!
Oddly, I remember that the Zilla Construction demo in my version had Lo jump onto the boxes near the blue door before being blown up by ninjas.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It's highly likely that differences in the game logic are causing the demos to behave differently when run with an exe other than the one they were made with.

View PostHendricks266, on 08 June 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

It's highly likely that differences in the game logic are causing the demos to behave differently when run with an exe other than the one they were made with.

That's what I was thinking...
I've noticed a lot of running into and punching walls.

I have created a couple demo files and created a DEMOS.RUN file. Using the latest binary patch can you guys download the demos from the below link, extract them to the latest build and just run the exe. The demos should auto run. I'm looking for any errors you guys see, and I would like to include these(or some better ones you guys make) in future binary patches. The demo system I think is not only cool but it allows faster iteration on bugs so by default having demos come with future patches ensure we don't break demo functionality.

https://drive.google...MmE0SkV3SVM3ZGM

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 08 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

View Posticecoldduke, on 08 June 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

I have created a couple demo files and created a DEMOS.RUN file. Using the latest binary patch can you guys download the demos from the below link, extract them to the latest build and just run the exe. The demos should auto run. I'm looking for any errors you guys see, and I would like to include these(or some better ones you guys make) in future binary patches. The demo system I think is not only cool but it allows faster iteration on bugs so by default having demos come with future patches ensure we don't break demo functionality.

https://drive.google...MmE0SkV3SVM3ZGM

The game crashed on the menu screen

NEW BINARY RELEASE:

NEW PATCH
https://forums.duke4...post__p__279568

WHATS NEW
  • Updated to eduke32 20170605-6143
  • Demo playback should work correctly. Default demos are included in the binary.
  • TESTING: Demo recording does work, I have seen wierd errors with it(like not being able to move, monsters freezing, etc). To record a demo use this command line -ddr -map $whirl Change $whirl to whatever map you want.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 09 June 2017 - 06:57 AM

View PostNinjakitty, on 08 June 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

The game crashed on the menu screen

Please try again with the latest patch.

It works great! :P

I did find a glitch, though. :P If you cause an explosion in another sector that you can't see, then your camera will go crazy. Go into the first secret in the first level of Code Of Honor and shoot a grenade through the teleporter.

Also, when I start the levels, there is no music and all the enemies keep playing their hurt sound. :P

*EDIT: NVM, the music glitch was because I forgot to copy my music folder over :P

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 08 June 2017 - 09:14 PM

View Posticecoldduke, on 08 June 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

NEW BINARY RELEASE:

https://github.com/j...017_testing.rar

WHATS NEW
  • Updated to eduke32 20170605-6143
  • Demo playback should work correctly. Default demos are included in the binary.
  • TESTING: Demo recording does work, I have seen wierd errors with it(like not being able to move, monsters freezing, etc). To record a demo use this command line -ddr -map $whirl Change $whirl to whatever map you want.

"-ddr" is not a valid command or cvar

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

You've gotta pass it to the executable, not enter it into the console.

View PostTerminX, on 08 June 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

You've gotta pass it to the executable, not enter it into the console.

Oh, whoops! :P
Wow, I am really tired...
I'll try it tomorrow.

NEW BINARY RELEASE:

NEW PATCH https://forums.duke4...post__p__279799

WHATS FIXED:
  • Fixed a nasty memory bash bug in the joystick config that was writing outside its memory space.
  • In multiplayer there were bunch of flames on the UI because CommPlayerName was getting bashed. This is now fixed.
  • In multiplayer there was a bug were some clients could not exit out and the game would freeze. This was also caused by the memory bashing.
  • POLYMOST: Fixed a bug were ANM(videos) looked like shit.

WHATS NEW:
  • Re-enabled SW bot code

Multiplayer does NOT work yet, but the above patch fixes issues that are working towards the goal of getting multiplayer working.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 11 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

User is offline   Master O 

If multiplayer is gonna eventually work in Shadow Warrior, will you also try to get it working in Duke3D, too, icecoldduke?

View PostMaster O, on 09 June 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

If multiplayer is gonna eventually work in Shadow Warrior, will you also try to get it working in Duke3D, too, icecoldduke?

No unfortunately. I'm trying to get all aspects of Shadow Warrior up and running; that includes the old peer to peer networking model that has always been in the code. Currently the game is going out of sync when the player first enters the game(Hendricks do you know what might be going on there?). I'm not going to focus on client/server networking because the Voidpoint guys are working on it. Hopefully they have something soon I can just drag and drop into Shadow Warrior. That being said until thats complete, when I get the bugs ironed out with the peer to peer networking model, it should just work with YANG.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 09 June 2017 - 08:16 AM

Could you get it to just work over LAN like SWP does? I don't want to have to use YANG, it used to work for me, but now it seems like I have to port forward to even play a LAN game on it.
(I don't own the router I am using, and I do not have permission to port forward)

View PostNinjakitty, on 09 June 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

Could you get it to just work over LAN like SWP does? I don't want to have to use YANG, it used to work for me, but now it seems like I have to port forward to even play a LAN game on it.
(I don't own the router I am using, and I do not have permission to port forward)

Yes LAN would work right out of the box when multiplayer is fixed. My only point was you could also use YANG if you wanted to but LAN will work.

View Posticecoldduke, on 09 June 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Yes LAN would work right out of the box when multiplayer is fixed. My only point was you could also use YANG if you wanted to but LAN will work.

OK, thanks! :P

It seems like the enemies in the demos now have a red palette on them at random times

*EDIT: it happens to enemies, not just in the demo

*EDIT2: I'm guessing it's just for debug purposes. A enemy goes red when you look at it, and the text in the upper left corner tells you the sprite's info.

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 09 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

View PostNinjakitty, on 09 June 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

It seems like the enemies in the demos now have a red palette on them at random times

*EDIT: it happens to enemies, not just in the demo

*EDIT2: I'm guessing it's just for debug purposes. A enemy goes red when you look at it, and the text in the upper left corner tells you the sprite's info.

I don't know how that debug system turned on, I'll look at it tonight.

View Posticecoldduke, on 09 June 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

LOL :P

View Posticecoldduke, on 09 June 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

My only guess is because you must be Belgian? :P

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

let me know when this port gets full mouse support - then i'll do more testing.

View PostForge, on 09 June 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

let me know when this port gets full mouse support - then i'll do more testing.

What specific are you looking for?

I found out part of the multiplayer problem I was having, and it was because I was doing the command line args wrong. This video was taken with the latest binary release.

Current multiplayer progress.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Posticecoldduke, on 09 June 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

What specific are you looking for?

the full part.

i'd like to be able to assign buttons.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostNinjakitty, on 08 June 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

I THINK these may be the original 4: http://swcentral.wee...925/sw01-04.zip

These are actually walkthrough demos originally available from 3D Realms website. These are supposed to be run with v1.2, either shareware or retail.

View PostForge, on 09 June 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

i'd like to be able to assign buttons.

That's right you wanted to be able to reassign mouse buttons. To be clear that's the only thing holding you back from playing my port? I'll move this up on my todo list if thats the case, id like to get as many as hands on this as possible.

View PostMrFlibble, on 10 June 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

These are actually walkthrough demos originally available from 3D Realms website. These are supposed to be run with v1.2, either shareware or retail.

Do we know if the SW code we have is actually the 1.2 code? I vaguely remember Charlie saying something about him frankensteining the source code release together, and its possible the code we have is code that was further worked on after 1.2 was released.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 10 June 2017 - 03:59 AM

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options