Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior - "New Episode" - Duke4.net Forums

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

User is offline   Master O 

I sure am glad to see this game finally begin to get proper support in Eduke32.

Question for you guys: Does this mean that the 2 Shadow Warrior add-on packs "Wanton Destruction" and "Twin Dragon" will be playable once the main game itself is? Or will they have their own programming challenges?

View PostMaster O, on 27 May 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

I sure am glad to see this game finally begin to get proper support in Eduke32.

Question for you guys: Does this mean that the 2 Shadow Warrior add-on packs "Wanton Destruction" and "Twin Dragon" will be playable once the main game itself is? Or will they have their own programming challenges?

Next patch will have support for Wanton Destruction and Twin Dragon. Both expansions haven't been tested thoroughly yet though.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 27 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

New Binary Update

Please see new update https://forums.duke4...post__p__278240

WHATS FIXED:
  • Fixed a audio issue where sound bank collision was causing the wrong audio voices to stop playing.
  • Twin Dragon and Wanton Destruction support. Simply copy your TD.grp and WT.grp to your game directory and select the game mod from the startup screen.
  • POLYMER: Sprites marked with CSTAT_SPRITE_BLOCK_MISSILE and CSTAT_SPRITE_BREAKABLE will now render(previously they were hidden due to a bug).
  • POLYMER: Fixed a bug were the mirror was not rendering correctly.

WHATS NEW:
  • POLYMER: ST1 597 Polymer Dynamic Light

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • POLYMER: Transparent water does not render transparent and can even render the wrong texture for the FAF part of the sector.
  • Mouse is still not working
  • spnum assertion still happens.
  • Game Expansion choice is not saved to sw.cfg.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 28 May 2017 - 06:17 AM

User is offline   axl 

Just tested it. This looks indeed very promising !

Will your port eventually have the same settings as its eduke32 counterpart? Like maxfps, ... ?

Just one more suggestion: as I see it, this thread actually contains 2 of your projects: one being esw32 and one being a new episode. Why not make seperate threads?

Anyway, keep up the good work !

This post has been edited by axl: 28 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

User is offline   Mark 

In the latest version when adjusting F11 brightness, the 1-9 count is off by 1. Number 2 is darkest which makes 1 the brightest.

New Binary Update:

SEE NEW PATCH:
https://forums.duke4...post__p__278328

BEFORE INSTALLING PLEASE DELETE YOUR SW.CFG FILE!! THERE WAS CRITICAL BUG IN THE CFG SYSTEM THAT IS FIXED IN THIS PATCH. PLEASE DELETE YOUR SW.CFG BEFORE PLAYING!!!

WHATS FIXED:
  • Fixed a bug with the cfg system putting garbage data in the cfg.
  • Mouse aiming support is now default and works properly.
  • Fixed a crash in advanced mouse options.
  • Remapped default keyboard controls to match standard FPS controls.

New Control Scheme:
Attack - Left Mouse Button
MoveForward - W
MoveBackward - S
Open - E
Jump - Space
Crouch - LCtrl
Strafe_Left = A
Strafe_Right = D

These controls can be changed in sw.cfg with the exception of the mouse controls, there still seems to be a bug there so the default attack button is the left mouse button.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 29 May 2017 - 09:13 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks for getting some mouse support going. I just can't handle keyboard control. I know its WIP but for kicks I edited my cfg file because I saw that "move forward" was on the center mouse wheel button and it does work. So I edited it to the right mouse button but it continues to work on the middle button. Even if it is a while before you get to full mouse support, would it be a quick fix to default "move forward" from middle to right button? Unless I'm the only guy that sets up all his games that way.

There is some weird stuff going on with the mouse cfg, I plan on having it fixed for either the next patch or the patch after. For this patch the only supported mouse button is left mouse button for attack.

User is offline   Mark 

Good enough. I can get by for now with middle button for forward movement.

User is offline   Romulus 

WideScreen breaks if the Polymer renderer isn't checked.

Lots of missing sprites, including but not limited to the Uzi at the back of the pickup truck in the E1L1, some health items, etc. etc.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMark., on 28 May 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

Thanks for getting some mouse support going. I just can't handle keyboard control. I know its WIP but for kicks I edited my cfg file because I saw that "move forward" was on the center mouse wheel button and it does work. So I edited it to the right mouse button but it continues to work on the middle button. Even if it is a while before you get to full mouse support, would it be a quick fix to default "move forward" from middle to right button? Unless I'm the only guy that sets up all his games that way.

You're the only one.
I use left - fire, right - jump, middle-open, wheel - scroll weapons.

But even the limited mouse support is a vast improvement for my uncoordinated hands.

This post has been edited by Forge: 28 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

View PostRomulus, on 28 May 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

WideScreen breaks if the Polymer renderer isn't checked.

Lots of missing sprites, including but not limited to the Uzi at the back of the pickup truck in the E1L1, some health items, etc. etc.

You might be using the software renderer. Double check that your using Polymost. Only Polymost and Polymer are supported right now.

The software renderer can't be supported until we get these cstat eduke32 conflicts ironed out.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 28 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

You might also have voxels turned on and voxels aren't working properly yet.

Voxels seem to work in Polymost just not Polymer. If your having sprite missing issues and your sure your using Polymost or Polymer, post what resolution your using. I constantly test on 1920x1200.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 28 May 2017 - 09:53 AM

I am using the Polymer Renderer. But by default, the Polymer checkbox is unchecked at startup, and launching the game without it checked causes the WideScreen to be broken.

The resolutions I have tested are 640x480, 1080p, 1440p, all have missing sprites.

View PostRomulus, on 28 May 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

I am using the Polymer Renderer. But by default, the Polymer checkbox is unchecked at startup, and launching the game without it checked causes the WideScreen to be broken.

The resolutions I have tested are 640x480, 1080p, 1440p, all have missing sprites.

Do you have voxels enabled? Are you using a resolution that has 32bpp at the end of the string?

Have you deleted your sw.cfg since the last patch? I am not able to repo on my end, see below picture running 640x480 32bpp Polymost(not polymer).
Posted Image

Also stupid question did you download the right patch?

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 28 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

The only build of yours that has working mouse is the latest, right? So there's absolutely no chance of using the wrong build.

I extracted this build in it's own folder and copied the SW.GRP over seeing how leftovers from earlier builds could cause issues.

I am running 32 Bpp and I did turn Voxels on. Could it be an issue?

Edit: Turned Voxels off, and it works!

This post has been edited by Romulus: 28 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

In the branch I have integrated a stripped down version of mapster(one without sectoreffector code, etc) into the main exe. The editor can be launched with "-editor" on the command line. It has a long way to go but its a start.

Posted Image

View PostRomulus, on 28 May 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

The only build of yours that has working mouse is the latest, right? So there's absolutely no chance of using the wrong build.

I extracted this build in it's own folder and copied the SW.GRP over seeing how leftovers from earlier builds could cause issues.

I am running 32 Bpp and I did turn Voxels on. Could it be an issue?

I would turn voxels off and try it.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 28 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

View Posticecoldduke, on 28 May 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

I would turn voxels off and try it.

Yep, turned Voxels off and the issue is gone. However, I noticed that Lo Wang's One Liners are missing. Is that from a misconfiguration at my end?

This post has been edited by Romulus: 28 May 2017 - 12:02 PM

View PostRomulus, on 28 May 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Yep, turned Voxels off and the issue is gone. However, I noticed that Lo Wang's One Liners are missing. Is that from a misconfiguration at my end?

I don't think so, I thought I fixed that paticular issue. There might be a similar issue after loading a save game(or even saving a save game), does that issue happen when you play from start to finish without saving or loading a game?

View Posticecoldduke, on 28 May 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

I don't think so, I thought I fixed that paticular issue. There might be a similar issue after loading a save game(or even saving a save game), does that issue happen when you play from start to finish without saving or loading a game?

This issue is persistent, every time I start a new game and chop the first enemy off in anticipation of hearing a one liner, Lo Wang disappoints me by staying quiet and this is the case with killing the other enemies as well. I haven't saved a single game with this yet.

This post has been edited by Romulus: 28 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

View PostRomulus, on 28 May 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

This issue is persistent, every time I start a new game and chop the first enemy off in anticipation of hearing a one liner, Lo Wang disappoints me by staying quiet and this is the case with killing the other enemies as well. I haven't saved a single game with this yet.

I am not able to repo this issue, Lo Wangs audio plays fine for me. I'll check into it though.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Just a quick note about renderer support for voxels, in case anyone is unaware:

8-bit classic renderer: native support
polymost: 3d models are created from the voxels at startup and replace the voxels in game
polymer: voxels are unsupporterd

The easiest way to reproduce this:

• Start a new game with E1L1.
  • Chop the first two enemies off that jumps in through the window.
  • No "Sword, that's a personal weapon" or "Look, you're coming apart" or "You're half the man you used to be!" One liner from Wang.

Though the scripted speeches play fine.

This post has been edited by Romulus: 28 May 2017 - 12:25 PM

View PostTrooper Dan, on 28 May 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Just a quick note about renderer support for voxels, in case anyone is unaware:

8-bit classic renderer: native support
polymost: 3d models are created from the voxels at startup and replace the voxels in game
polymer: voxels are unsupporterd

I wasn't aware, thanks man.

I have been out of the loop for years.

Any other renderers except Polymer breaks WideScreen support and stretches stuff. So I guess I'll have to live without the Voxels.

This post has been edited by Romulus: 28 May 2017 - 12:28 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

quick vid
sorry about the size - i don't have a good video converter / editor - I got it down from 1 GB to 225 MB, but that's about the best I can do until I get proper software installed.
The thing I noticed though - the shaking from the quake looks way worse in game than it came out on the vid.

http://www.mediafire...z1dumre1/sw.mp4

View PostForge, on 28 May 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

quick vid
sorry about the size - i don't have a good video converter / editor - I got it down from 1 GB to 225 MB, but that's about the best I can do until I get proper software installed.
The thing I noticed though - the shaking from the quake looks way worse in game than it came out on the vid.

http://www.mediafire...z1dumre1/sw.mp4

The reflective floor bug I know about and posted here https://forums.duke4...post__p__278163 can you guys give me some insight on the best course of action to fix this one?

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 28 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

The original audio issue came from the sw sound system having the same voice channel handle for two different sounds in the system. One was active and one was inactive. When the Shadow Warrior sound system found the old inactive handle, it did FX_StopSound on the voice channel for the old audio. Unfortunately this was the same channel the multivoc system just gave the sound system for the new audio, so the new audio would stop after a second of playing. So what I did was add guards to wrapper function inside of sounds.cpp for StopSound and SoundActive to check to make sure the sound the system is expecting to handle is actually the sound thats playing. The callback value in this case is the sound id. The solution I had in there for the current build you guys have was terrible, this seems the right solution but there are some weird edge cases I'm ironing out. Thoughts?

// jmarshall
int32_t MV_GetCallback(int32_t handle)
{
	VoiceNode *voice = MV_GetVoice(handle);

if (voice == NULL)
		return MV_Error;

int32_t callbackval = voice->callbackval;

return callbackval;
}
// jmarshall end

In sounds.cpp I replaced all calls to FX_SoundActive and FX_StopSound with the functions below:

// jmarshall
void SW_StopSound(int handle, int snum)
{
	if (FX_GetVoiceCallback(handle) == snum)
	{
		FX_StopSound(handle);
	}
}

bool SW_SoundIsActive(int handle, int snum)
{
	return FX_SoundActive(handle) && FX_GetVoiceCallback(handle) == snum;
}
// jmarshall end

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 28 May 2017 - 09:38 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMark., on 28 May 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

Good enough. I can get by for now with middle button for forward movement.

Who puts forward movement on the mouse full stop? In games with alt fires I like to have that on the right mouse button, and weapon scroll on the wheel.

User is offline   Spiker 

My input problems: changing some settings makes mouse stop working until you restart the program. You cant type after pressing "t" for cheats (if they would even work) and the console "god" command doesnt work either.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

In Wanton Destruction, episode selection screen and episode names don't seem to work. Just in case nobody has mentioned it yet. It's not a problem in Twin Dragon for some reason, though.
Also, if possible, set brightness level to 0 by default. The game looks quite washed out when launched for the first time.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 29 May 2017 - 05:57 AM

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options