• Speaker of the Outhouse

http://www.mediafire...8-35-44-422.mp4

This is what I was doing when I got this error

Attached File  Untitled.jpg (186.02K)
Number of downloads: 19

User is offline   Forge 

I also get these crashes.
I think they're video related as it causes my screen to wash out and I have to reboot to get my display back to normal.

Attached File  Untitled.jpg (350.65K)
Number of downloads: 18

NEW BINARY:
PLEASE SEE LATEST PATCH https://forums.duke4...post__p__278383

WHATS FIXED:
  • AUDIO: New audio fix. All audio should now play correctly and not get stopped.

WHATS NEW:
  • Drek's Hi-Pal Textures.
  • Mapster is now built into the exe - can be launched with RunSWEditor.bat very buggy, do NOT save out maps with it yet!

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 29 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

View PostForge, on 29 May 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

http://www.mediafire...8-35-44-422.mp4

This is what I was doing when I got this error

Attachment Untitled.jpg

This is a known bug and I can't seem to nail down the cause yet. Probably has something to do with cstat bits the engine is bashing.

View PostForge, on 29 May 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

I also get these crashes.
I think they're video related as it causes my screen to wash out and I have to reboot to get my display back to normal.

Attachment Untitled.jpg

What were you doing when you got that crash? See if it happens in the new patch.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 29 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

User is offline   Forge 

I know it's a 'known bug'. I'm the one who first reported it.
You asked me to record my game for you and try to capture some of the weird crashes and game restarts.
Too many things on your plate? :P

As for the other crash - it happens just as randomly and just as frequently as the spnum crash.

User is offline   Master O 

View Posticecoldduke, on 29 May 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

This is a known bug and I can't seem to nail down the cause yet. Probably has something to do with cstat bits the engine is bashing.

What were you doing when you got that crash? See if it happens in the new patch.

How's mouse support coming along?

Mouse support has been present since the last patch.

View PostForge, on 29 May 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

I know it's a 'known bug'. I'm the one who first reported it.
You asked me to record my game for you and try to capture some of the weird crashes and game restarts.
Too many things on your plate? :P

Wasn't criticizing thanks for the bug report! The answer is its known and I'm looking into it :P

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 29 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

User is offline   Master O 

View Posticecoldduke, on 29 May 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

Mouse support has been present since the last patch.

I thought there were still issues with mouse inputs, the buttons specifically.

Yes remapping mouse button doesn't work yet. Only left button mouse fire and mouse aim is supported. I'm looking into the issue just wanted to push out the audio fix.

User is offline   Mark 

using the latest build
Loading "sw.def"
Error: image dimensions of "swdata/hipal/sw_highpal_lookup_00.png" must be 4096x64.
Error: image dimensions of "swdata/hipal/sw_highpal_lookup_04.png" must be 4096x64.
...Error: file "swdata/redux/hires/sysfont_vrline_blue.png" does not exist
Error: file "swdata/redux/hires/sysfont_vrline_bronze.png" does not exist
Error: file "swdata/redux/hires/sysfont_vrline_grey.png" does not exist

First map. In the office with the mirror and ceiling fan. Reflection of fan has a unwanted sprite in it's middle. Looking right at the fan the extra sprite is not seen. Only happened in Polymer.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 29 May 2017 - 09:43 AM

User is offline   TDRR 

Did you do anything to Polymer? it runs fantastic on my Intel G41 Potato Crapset!

But then this happens:
Posted Image

Can confirm the ceiling fan has an unwanted sprite on it, and the mouse speed is incredibly high (and lowering it in options doesn't help at all).

This post has been edited by TDRR: 29 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

User is offline   Forge 

I don't know if this will help you debug the problem, but this save immediately crashes with the spnum error.

Attached File  game2.zip (177.46K)
Number of downloads: 2

View PostTDRR, on 29 May 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Did you do anything to Polymer? it runs fantastic on my Intel G41 Potato Crapset!

Can confirm the ceiling fan has an unwanted sprite on it, and the mouse speed is incredibly high (and lowering it in options doesn't help at all).

I've only seen this bug in Polymer, doesn't happen when the game is started up in Polymost.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 29 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

View PostForge, on 29 May 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

I don't know if this will help you debug the problem, but this save immediately crashes with the spnum error.

Attachment game2.zip

Thanks for the save game I'm looking at it now.

User is offline   Forge 

If you swap from 32bit to 8 bit you can actually get the save to load and play for a little bit before it crashes.
(polymost was being used to play)

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

View PostForge, on 29 May 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

If you swap from 32bit to 8 bit you can actually get the save to load and play for a little bit before it crashes.
(polymost was being used to play)

When you created this save game did you do a save and load before getting to this point? The value of headspritestat[1024] is very high which is the cause of crash on initial load. So the question is how the game got into this state.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 29 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

User is offline   Forge 

I played from the start of the level up to that room (before stepping on the blue pad) - saved.
Then I stepped on the blue, jumped to the yellow pad - jumped to the door & hit the green switch. I believe I saved again.
Then I jumped back to the yellow pad, then to where the blue is - I returned to the section where the gold key was because I had left a monster - killed it, came back to the where this save is.
So, 3 saves total. No loads that I remember. If there was a load, it would have only been 1 and probably because I fell through the floor getting from the blue pad to the yellow pad.

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

User is offline   TDRR 

I have a little question and this might be a little stupid, let's say i go ahead, and compile EDuke32 for Wii with Polymost enabled (of course adding a MESAGL aka gl2gx driver to the mix)
and apply this patch (I don't really know what it actually is) would it run on the Wii? (Assuming it has higher requirements than EDuke32) (Short specs: PowerPC based CPU at 730MHz, GPU ATI GPU made with a 90 nm CMOS process clocked at 245MHz and 88MB RAM)
Sorry if this isn't the appropiate place to say anything about it, but since i can't find the EDuke32 Wii thread anymore and i think it is dead, i thought to post it on an active thread that is somewhat related.

EDIT: Works fine on Software render so MESAGL shouldn't be necessary i guess.

This post has been edited by TDRR: 29 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostTDRR, on 29 May 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

I have a little question and this might be a little stupid, let's say i go ahead, and compile EDuke32 for Wii with Polymost enabled (of course adding a MESAGL aka gl2gx driver to the mix)
and apply this patch (I don't really know what it actually is) would it run on the Wii? (Assuming it has higher requirements than EDuke32) (Short specs: PowerPC based CPU at 730MHz, GPU ATI GPU made with a 90 nm CMOS process clocked at 245MHz and 88MB RAM)
Sorry if this isn't the appropiate place to say anything about it, but since i can't find the EDuke32 Wii thread anymore and i think it is dead, i thought to post it on an active thread that is somewhat related.

EDIT: Works fine on Software render so MESAGL shouldn't be necessary i guess.

I have no idea how the WII support works in eduke32 works. Off hand if you setup the wii project files and setup the controller stuff it should just work.

Have you guys experienced any audio problems?

User is offline   Forge 

View Posticecoldduke, on 29 May 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Have you guys experienced any audio problems?

not with the last snapshot.

NEW BINARIES:
https://forums.duke4...post__p__278414

!!PLEASE DELETE ALL YOUR SAVED GAME DATA BEFORE PLAYING THIS PATCH!!!

WHATS FIXED:
  • The player can now wade in water, and will no longer sink when wading.
  • The player will no longer fall through reflective floors.
  • Missile projectiles no longer die when flying above water

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 30 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. In the latest snapshot pool water is transparent in Polymost but not Polymer. Getting in and out of water working fine. Sounds all seem to be working.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 29 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Transparent floor works
fireballs across water can still occasionally die in front of the player, but not all of them.

Finally played all the way through e2l1 without a random crash for the first time.

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostMark., on 29 May 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

must be 4096x64.

They are on my end, not sure if he grabbed thumbnails by mistake or made them small because it's wip. Either way I put in the proper sized one and can confirm that highpalookup is working. I'm 10 out of 33 pals done for lookup.dat, once a alt pal lookup is done it's fairly simply for me to generate the highpal table.

View PostDrek, on 29 May 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

They are on my end, not sure if he grabbed thumbnails by mistake or made them small because it's wip. Either way I put in the proper sized one and can confirm that highpalookup is working. I'm 10 out of 33 pals done for lookup.dat, once a alt pal lookup is done it's fairly simply for me to generate the highpal table.

Can you re-upload the ones you did? It says the images are 1280x20

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 29 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

User is offline   Mark 

View Posticecoldduke, on 29 May 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

I've only seen this bug in Polymer, doesn't happen when the game is started up in Polymost.

Is that using the showview feature which is known not to work under Polymer? Or is that just a security camera being used?

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  test.jpg (26.22K)
    Number of downloads: 16

This post has been edited by Mark.: 29 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Attached File  sw-highpal-wip.zip (1.14MB)
Number of downloads: 4
Here they are.

View PostDrek, on 29 May 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

Attachment sw-highpal-wip.zip
Here they are.

I uploaded the new textures to github.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 29 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options