Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior - "New Episode" - Duke4.net Forums

• 44 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior - "New Episode"

User is online   Lunick 

It seems no text input works at all (outside of the console) as bringing up the text menu in-game won't let you type anything and won't let you remove it so yo uare forced to restart the game. Standing under the fan in the first level also damages the player.

User is offline   Mark 

Unchecked the mouse button in the first setup screen and the game runs under keyboard control.

View PostLunick, on 23 May 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

It seems no text input works at all (outside of the console) as bringing up the text menu in-game won't let you type anything and won't let you remove it so yo uare forced to restart the game. Standing under the fan in the first level also damages the player.

I have confirmed this bug, thanks for the feedback!

View PostMark., on 23 May 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Unchecked the mouse button in the first setup screen and the game runs under keyboard control.

Is the game playable for you now?

User is offline   Mark 

No music yet, but that was to be expected because I don't have the steam version. It plays under keyboard only.

EDIT:
Are the Redux music files something other than midi? If so, could I just convert my midis to ogg and place them in a music folder to play them or is it more than that?

This post has been edited by Mark.: 23 May 2017 - 02:42 PM

View PostMark., on 23 May 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

No music yet, but that was to be expected because I don't have the steam version. It plays under keyboard only.

EDIT:
Are the Redux music files something other than midi? If so, could I just convert my midis to ogg and place them in a music folder to play them or is it more than that?

The music you can grab from the free steam version. You don't need to buy redux. That being said, if you make a music folder and convert your midi files to ogg in Track02.ogg->Track14.ogg that will also work. It would be easier(since its free!) to get it from the steam shadow warrior classic version.

User is offline   Mark 

I'm one of the 4 people in the US that doesn't have a steam account so converting is my option. Where should I install the new music folder when I'm done converting?

This post has been edited by Mark.: 23 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

If you extracted everything to Z:\ShadowWarrior, create a folder called music in there make it match this.
Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

OK. Thanks. I converted the first one and it works as it should. I'll have to wait until mouse control works. I suck at keyboard control because I have been using mouse control for as much as possible since the 90's on all my games.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 23 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMark., on 23 May 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

User is online   Lunick 

Why are we converting midi files? The game uses CD Audio...

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

had the same problem with the mouse as Mark.
trying to use the game menu to change settings locks up the game (sometimes it can be escaped out)
going into the secret underwater cave in the river causes the game to crash with error - "Did not find a sector at -40979, 773, 82432"

This post has been edited by Forge: 23 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I'm converting midi files because I don't have the steam version of SW which would allow me to play music without converting.

User is online   Lunick 

View PostMark., on 23 May 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

I'm converting midi files because I don't have the steam version of SW which would allow me to play music without converting.

But there are only 5 or 6 midi files compared to the 13 CD audio tracks.

Question for you Evan

In $bullet.map a user reported the fan blades are attacking the player when the player is far below the fan blades. I think I have traced the bug back to sepldist and sepdist inside of build\include\common.h. Don't these functions just return the distance between two vectors, were the delta between each component is passed into this function? The math should just be sqrt(dx^2 + dy^2 + dz^2)? Are you guys trying to do a distance calculation without a sqrt? Modifying the below code fixed this bug and a couple other C- bugs I have on my plate. Am I missing something? Specifically sepldist is used inside of FindDistance2D and sepdist is used inside of FindDistance3D.

int32_t FindDistance2D(int32_t x, int32_t y)
{
// jmarshall
//	return sepldist(x, y);
	return sqrt((x * x) + (y * y));
// jmarshall end
}

int32_t FindDistance3D(int32_t x, int32_t y, int32_t z)
{
// jmarshall
//   return sepdist(x, y, z);
	return sqrt((x * x) + (y * y) + (z * z));
// jmarshall end
}

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMark., on 23 May 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

As has been said, the CD audio tracks are included in the free Steam version. No converting required.

Besides, I already converted them.

User is online   Lunick 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 23 May 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

As has been said, the CD audio tracks are included in the free Steam version. No converting required.

Besides, I already converted them.

He doesn't want to download Steam though, I think the free version on GOG should also have the CD music in OGG or at least the disc file https://www.gog.com/...arrior_complete

User is offline   Forge 

edited sw.cfg
changed the mouse button assignment
the only assigned at default is the middle button and it's set to 'move forward'
the cfg file changes back to the default mouse buttons when the game is played

User is offline   Forge 

even if i make the sw.cfg 'read-only'
the file doesn't change - the button assignment will stay written in the file - but, in game the middle button still only takes on the action of 'move forward' when pressed.

User is offline   Forge 

also need a debug version of the exe - the log file doesn't give up anything when the game randomly crashes

User is offline   Mark 

I grabbed my cfg file from SWP and things were better but still glitched. With mouse aiming on the view gets locked to the floor. With mouse aiming off the view gets locked to center as it should. Trying to look left or right results is very quick and far moving to the left only. But the right button for moving forward works, middle scroll wheel for weapons works, left button for fire works. Its seems its mouse looking movement that is still messed up. Every tiny movement left or right spins the player about 20 degrees at a time.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 23 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

View PostMark., on 23 May 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

I grabbed my cfg file from SWP and things were better but still glitched. With mouse aiming on the view gets locked to the floor. With mouse aiming off the view gets locked to center as it should. Trying to look left or right results is very quick and far moving to the left only. But the right button for moving forward works, middle scroll wheel for weapons works, left button for fire works. Its seems its mouse looking movement that is still messed up. Every tiny movement left or right spins the player about 20 degrees at a time.

The mouse doesn't work at all yet thats on my todo list. I'm tracing down a crash inside of FAFgetzrange were its bitching about "did not find a sector."

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

User is offline   Forge 

'press space to restart' message was stuck on the screen until i picked something up

the water in the station e1l1 - looks really bad with hom effect

User is offline   Forge 

made a save at the beginning of e2l1 - jumped out of the boat, ran back to the beginning of the river- stopped and made a save - haven't done anything else in the game.
save won't load - crashes the game.
the other save i have in e1l1 will load.

This post has been edited by Forge: 23 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostForge, on 23 May 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

made a save at the beginning of e2l1 - jumped out of the boat, ran back to the beginning of the river- stopped and made a save - haven't done anything else in the game.
save won't load - crashes the game.
the other save i have in e1l1 will load.

Can you upload the .sav file?

User is offline   Forge 

View Posticecoldduke, on 23 May 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

Can you upload the .sav file?

Don't ask me why, but I tried three or four times to get it to load - with nothing but crashes -
I give up and give it a rest for 10 minutes, and now it loads

-file removed-

This post has been edited by Forge: 24 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostForge, on 23 May 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

Don't ask me why, but I tried three or four times to get it to load - with nothing but crashes -
I give up and give it a rest for 10 minutes, and now it loads

3/3 tries I am unable to crash. The shadow warrior save system is a memory management nightmare, so it doesn't surprise me that there are non repoable crashes with the save system.

User is offline   Forge 

I had a couple random crashes in the room with the usable machine gun

Assertion failed: spnum >= 0 game\src\rooms.cpp, line 68

Also seems the farther I get into the level, the more likely it is for the game crash, and loads are getting 'crashy' as well.

I need to give it a rest for a bit because it's getting annoying - lots of crashes and without any mouse function. It just makes getting around and pushing the play-testing that much more lumbering and slow.
I'd be more productive if I could produce a crash log for you.

This post has been edited by Forge: 23 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

View PostForge, on 23 May 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

I had a couple random crashes in the room with the usable machine gun

Assertion failed: spnum >= 0 game\src\rooms.cpp, line 68

Also seems the farther I get into the level, the more likely it is for the game crash, and loads are getting 'crashy' as well.

I've been getting a lot of issues on the first level of the first episode. I was able to play through the first episode without issues. Can you verify if you have time? For some reason on that level the game is running out of sprites, which is what that assertion means.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 23 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Yes.
I've had that crash twice now with that message.

The room right before the usable machine gun normally has some sprites - like a suit of armor, some bowls and things on the table (the one that that triggers the secret). Those are gone.
The underwater wall crack is gone - the throwing stars that are supposed to be under water are gone. I think one of the bees was gone. At least the sticky bombs were there and I knew where the crack was supposed to be so I didn't get stuck.

This post has been edited by Forge: 23 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

New Patch Binary Update:
This patch is out of date, please go to https://forums.duke4...post__p__278207

Bug Fixes:
  • The fan will no longer hurt the player if the player is just standing underneath the fan.
  • Fixed a bug were the player was not able to surface from underneath the water.
  • Fixed a crash were lo_sectp was nullptr inside of DoPlayerBeginDiveNoWarp

New known issues:
  • The game runs out of sprites and asserts with Assertion failed: spnum >= 0 game\src\rooms.cpp, line 68

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 27 May 2017 - 08:58 PM

Share this topic:

• 44 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options