Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour  "Randy hinted at something for December 1st"

it still pricey to me you get the main game for 60 dollars and the add on is $5 that 65 dollars not really worth buying even if it has the Duke in it.

User is offline   trustn0! 

Bulletstorm was one of my favorite shooters from last gen but even my ass has to agree its progression was similar to COD. Right down to the way damage is treated.
"Oh, did you want to move about 7 feet further from the designated combat zone?"
"TOO BAD! GET NUKED BY INCOMING FIRE"

That said, the script being so bad it's good(fucking dicktits) and the fantastic gunplay has made the game stick out in my dead even 6 years after the fact. I wouldn't recommend this game at full price but not for its lack of quality but rather for its age. It's still an awesome shooter and at the next discount, it's definitely worth a purchase if you never got around to it.

This post has been edited by trustn0!: 10 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

I think I recommend them getting it for the 360 or ps3 whatever they have you can get it alot cheaper here https://www.amazon.c...k%3ABulletStorm and not fall for GearShit Bullshit

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View Posttrustn0!, on 10 April 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Bulletstorm was one of my favorite shooters from last gen but even my ass has to agree its progression was similar to COD. Right down to the way damage is treated.
"Oh, did you want to move about 7 feet further from the designated combat zone?"
"TOO BAD! GET NUKED BY INCOMING FIRE"

That said, the script being so bad it's good(fucking dicktits) and the fantastic gunplay has made the game stick out in my dead even 6 years after the fact. I wouldn't recommend this game at full price but not for its lack of quality but rather for its age. It's still an awesome shooter and at the next discount, it's definitely worth a purchase if you never got around to it.

The script was bad in a humorous way, but the story was actually fucking fantastic. I actually cared about the characters near the end. They all actually have personality beyond saying dicktits.

Except General Sarrano. He did nothing but burst out one liners and offensive words so much it actually made all the others even more tame. Well, as tame as you could get while still saying dick killing parties.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 10 April 2017 - 01:17 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

2011: Most people decided to buy Bulletstorm instead of DNF
2017: Most people wouldn't buy Bulletstorm just because it have a Duke Nukem character

P.S. I doubt that most people would even consider buying it after looking at the price

User is offline   HulkNukem 

2 things
1. I wouldn't say most people wouldn't buy it because of Duke. In fact a lot of people were curious about it. It has almost always been the price that was a huge detractor for purchases, followed by it not being a real remaster. And then people didn't like it simply because it wasn't Borderlands 3, but those people are fucking stupid because they don't seem to know Gearbox didn't develop the remaster.
2. I'm pretty sure DNF sold more than Bulletstorm did; plus it was almost entirely profit for Gearbox.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 10 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Randy succeeded in making everyone hate Duke everywhere by writing him like a poorly done straight to VHS parody. Come across loads of posts saying Duke could never work today after Bulletstorm 'remaster' released and everything they cite is from Forever..in fact all the complaints about his bad jokes and being an asshole recently seem to be in criticism of World Tour, his dialogue in Bulletstorm or Forever...there's usually one or two people who are actually familiar with the franchise who come in and say that's the way Gearbox writes Duke but most people just go with the flow probably because they only ever played Forever or heard negative things post the release of that game..

Here is a good example of how conversations about Duke online go now. http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1359432

Notice how there's like two people in the thread who actually have any knowledge of the franchise and the character who are defending it like this?

Posted Image

Unless someone who knows the franchise and the character gets the IP or a licence to the game Duke is dead as hated character and franchise after being dropped so low he became lazy pre-order DLC.
Thanks Randy.

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostKaijuTurtle, on 10 April 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

Having not played it before, Bulletstorm is way more linear and cutscene heavy than I would have expected from a game that sold itself under the premise of being action packed and "killing with skill". After two hours I still feel like I'm in a tutorial, there's constant QTEs and I think about 4 turret sections, one of which was an entire on-rails level. Disappointing.

Action packed/killing with skill isn't mutually exclusive from linear and cut scene heavy.

Bulletstorm did come out pretty much at the 'peak linearity' time period in FPS.

What is it with Randy and toilet shots?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 11 April 2017 - 03:09 AM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostKaijuTurtle, on 11 April 2017 - 04:15 AM, said:

I paused the video in shock and disbelief at that "Hashtag: Busy killing things!" line too.

I seriously still can't believe I saw that.

Bazinga!

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostHiPolyBash, on 10 April 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Here is a good example of how conversations about Duke online go now. http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1359432

To be fair, neogaf is a shithole. People call it neoFAG for a reason.

It really shouldn't surprise you if majority of them don't really know Duke Nukem. I'd rather use Reddit as an example.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The last time I remember people being excited for Duke was when the XBLA port of Duke3D came out. The coverage was great and they were actually excited about it.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

How could you forget about Megaton Edition (people were really excited about it, myself including). Plus, the most exciting thing about Megaton were official addons and multiplayer.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostSledgehammer, on 11 April 2017 - 06:11 AM, said:

How could you forget about Megaton Edition (people were really excited about it, myself including). Plus, the most exciting thing about Megaton were official addons and multiplayer.

The thing about the XBLA release is that it happened while old 3DR was still around and still had the 'magic' associated with the franchise. Arguably after 3DR shut down that's when the hope of Duke died. The subsequent games like DNF don't make the cut. Megaton, which was released after, feels like a ghost of the former glory.

Besides, I remember Megaton being moderately buggy and/or incomplete on release. IIRC it didn't have multiplayer at the start, and I'm not sure it had workshop? I'm not too familiar with the XBLA release but I'm under the impression it was fairly smooth, besides that fiasco about 3DR not releasing the source despite building off an open source project.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 11 April 2017 - 06:29 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, I meant in the way that Duke was a positive icon in the public consciousness, media and gamers alike. After DNF he took a nosedive and became the butt end of every joke. Megaton was great for the fans, but it didn't really make waves otherwise. Everyone was already "over it."

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostSledgehammer, on 11 April 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

To be fair, neogaf is a shithole. People call it neoFAG for a reason.

It really shouldn't surprise you if majority of them don't really know Duke Nukem. I'd rather use Reddit as an example.

To be fair that's a pretty general example of how a conversation about Duke Nukem goes just about everywhere now...and I don't believe I've ever seen the site called 'neoFAG' before..I don't think I've read anything positive about the franchise online outside of actual fans for years. It's either straight up hate or people saying he should be more of a parody put in a world where everyone reacts to him negatively because he's an asshole or some stupid meta shit.

The Gearbox defence force and people who don't know the franchise say that's just Duke or it's Duke Nukem when people criticize the character from Duke Forever onwards. It's a good sign they have no idea what they're talking about.

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 11 April 2017 - 11:36 AM

View PostMicky C, on 11 April 2017 - 03:09 AM, said:

What is it with Randy and toilet shots?

Maybe if he spent less time shitting around, Gearbox wouldn't maybe do such shitty things.Perhaps this is why you can throw turds in DNF.

This post has been edited by AP Dukefan94: 11 April 2017 - 06:17 PM

Posted Image

Fans who are excited to support game developers like People Can Fly and the future of this franchise will be pleased to know that People Can Fly will be receiving 100% of the revenue from the first 100,000 copies purchased by gamers before the publisher, Gearbox Publishing, receives any revenue. Furthermore, the actual majority of all revenue generated by this release is going to People Can Fly. Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is the path for People Can Fly to gauge the future of the Bulletstorm brand in the current gaming landscape, and determine the future of the franchise for a Bulletstorm 2.

http://bulletstorm.c...on-has-arrived/

Gauging interest with a bare bones overpriced re-release? Now I'm sad...Bulletstorm 2 will never happen if that's what they're measuring interest on. It'd be a surprise if this sold anywhere near 100,000 copies.

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 11 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

View PostHiPolyBash, on 11 April 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

http://bulletstorm.c...on-has-arrived/

Gauging interest with a bare bones overpriced re-release? Now I'm sad...Bulletstorm 2 will never happen if that's what they're measuring interest on. It'd be a surprise if this sold anywhere near 100,000 copies.

I just read that the first round of Bulletstorm fell short of a million copies, which Epic and EA found embarrassing. So they basically have to sell a tenth of the original release. I feel that it is unfortunate for People Can Fly that this remaster is priced so high. I guess we'll have to see by the beginning of next month they made their goal or not.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

The Bayonetta PC port that was suddenly released today with no build up is selling more than Bulletstorm!
http://steamcharts.com/app/460790
http://steamcharts.com/app/501590

Wow, nice job at not selling a game Gearbox. I really question myself why I still hope for a new Duke Nukem game. People Can Fly might as well be renamed People Can Fall curtosity of Shitbox Software.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostxMobilemux, on 11 April 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

The Bayonetta PC port that was suddenly released today with no build up...

It was teased for two weeks and was never released on PC before, not quite sure that is fair to compare to Bulletstorm Full Clip with the prices being drastically different too although Bulletstorm not selling is nothing new :blink:

- Fulfilled something gamers have wanted for ages
- Isn't overpriced
- Doesn't ship with extra DRM

Hey Gearbox look over here! You might learn something. I can't wait for the next Duke re-release that'll probably be called something like Duke's Juicy Package - 25th Anniversary Collection. Featuring all third party expansions with updated oneliners like 'Keep Calm and SUCK IT DOWN' and #eatmeout!

It'll be priced at $50 but Randy will defend it saying all the work drove up the price and you're paying for all that extra content. Listen...I like Bulletstorm. I really loved it when it came out it's a fantastic game but this re-release is so incredibly poorly thought out and done it's astounding...almost as astounding as Interceptor charging full price for Bombshell. You are more likely to make money off of the amount of sales at a lower price instead of pricing it similar to a AAA release and hoping people are interested enough to spend $40 - $60 on a game.

To me the two worst things about this release is that it kills any chance of new Bulletstorm game in future and Gearbox keep on ruining the Duke IP. This is taking two things I like and pumping out a hot turd on to them and then pointing at it and saying NO ONE WANTS TO PAY FOR MY SHIT! Clearly no one cares about Duke or Bulletstorm. IP is dead!

Duke IP before Gearbox buyout: "Its time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum".

Duke IP under Gearbox ownership: "Its time to fall on our ass and take a shit, and we're full of shit".

This post has been edited by AP Dukefan94: 11 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

User is offline   brownfarted 

• The Original Shitposter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, this explains their shitty business practices. At least Shitbox got one thing right in the remaster/crossover is Duke doesn't belong "here". Also what the hell kind of CEO let's photos of himself taking a literal shit smell good business. I mean what ...shit finger painting!?! Someone please flush this shit already.

This post has been edited by AP Dukefan94: 11 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

You guys! Bulletstorm is actually an awesome remaster very well done! Gamespot even did a comparison video where you can see the old and new versions side by side and improvement is huge in remaster...running on PC compared to the 360 version...

Posted Image
https://twitter.com/...012704361467905

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 11 April 2017 - 10:34 PM

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options