Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour  "Randy hinted at something for December 1st"

I find it absolutely amazing that Gearbox has the guts to deem Duke's inclusion in this half-assed rerelease as marketable.
Might as well start selling this Serious Sam 3 mod as well, has about the same quality in terms of lip-sync:

Actually, strike that, at least this mod is funny and Duke sounds like himself here.

Side Note* (The cutscenses in Bulletstorm are skippable, problem solved)

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I know you jest, but I remember about 80% of the entire game someone is talking. It's a VERY chatty game.

I'm not interested in this (since I wasn't big on Bulletstorm), and definitely it's non-essential Duke material, he just says generic stuff, doesn't have his usual groove. I look at it as a curiosity, and kinda funny that they're doing it. If anything one positive I get from it is that they see the Duke brand as a thing that has value, and I do get the impression they'll give us a full on new Duke game sooner or later.

I also don't think iron-sight aiming is fun or fits Duke, happy that the two new FPS games I've played so much the past year didn't use it. (DOOM and Overwatch)

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 01 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

User is online   Lunick 

Just when I thought prices in Australia couldn't be any more ridiculous, EB Games comes to save the day
Posted Image

The actual retail price of the console version seems to be $69.95, Xbox version is more expensive for some reason.
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is online   Jblade 

I got a refund on this after seeing that video of Duke, I'll wait till a sale or something because fuck paying £25 for that even if the base game is good.

User is online   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

The game is very good, but nowhere near worth the asking price given the amount of content on offer. It will take you an afternoon to beat it, and you'll likely replay it once or twice at most. At least, that was my experience. For me it was fine because I got it (the original release) for $20. I wouldn't pay more than $30.

The controls in PC version are atrocious if you are not using the gamepad, and this is the main thing that still annoys me. The game itself is fine, maybe even an underrated gem, but the devs basically fucked off after the release, releasing just one anemic dlc on consoles and no patches whatsoever for the PC. The optimization was also poor, I remember how angry I was that I could run UT3 in full detail but Bulletstorm chugged even on really low settings. At least nowadays there is a way do disable the goddamn GfWL, so thank gods for that.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I'm more and more thinking that when/if they finally offer us a new Duke game, it's going to be a dumpster fire as well.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostTea Monster, on 11 March 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

I'm more and more thinking that when/if they finally offer us a new Duke game, it's going to be a dumpster fire as well.

It'll be called:

"Duke It Out in Drumpf's DC" :P

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostTea Monster, on 11 March 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Depends on which "Gearbox" we get working on it. The one that gives a shit, like the Opposing Force/BOA days. Or the one that outsources their "passion project" ala Aliens.

User is offline   spessu_sb 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 11 March 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

Depends on which "Gearbox" we get working on it. The one that gives a shit, like the Opposing Force/BOA days. Or the one that outsources their "passion project" ala Aliens.

Unfortunately I'm actually beginning to think that Opposing Force/Blue Shift Gearbox doesn't exist anymore and that all the design talent of that era has left it aswell.

I am not really confident in Gearbox.

User is online   Lunick 

The original version of Bulletstorm seems to have been pulled from Steam

They are really pulling that stunt again like what they did with Duke 3D Megaton maybe this time they give a discount with the game if not another strike to Gearbox Software.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Doesn't look like they're confident. Too bad it won't save them.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

I liked Bulletstorm. This re-release looks to add very little to the game and is being marketed at a high price with Duke reduced to being a piece of pre-order DLC. Maybe I'll grab it when it's on sale for 75% off.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostCommando Nukem, on 11 March 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

By far Gearbox's main objective is making money. No matter how much they care about the game, no matter what the quality is, they're going to pander to the lowest common denominator. It's possible to do this to a large extent and still make a game that satisfies the core audience, but when you look at the probability tree of design choices, the chance of this reality is quite slim.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Uh.....

They just keep kicking his corpse, don't they?

User is online   Lunick 

I... what

I was a little unsure of what the narrator said at the end, but the description in the official Gearbox upload confirmed my ears:

Gearbox Software said:

Every masterpiece gets a little more "hashtag turnt" when you add Duke!

Be sure to keep a close eye on #turnt for all those Duke-related tweets and posts.

UHHHHHHHHHH..............

User is online   Lunick 

Do you have that in higher quality?

I downloaded it direct from Bulletstorm's facebook post, I don't know where else to get it from.

View PostxMobilemux, on 22 March 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

I downloaded it direct from Bulletstorm's facebook post, I don't know where else to get it from.

Then why didn't you download the 720p version? (Or is YouTube still processing it?) Here.

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 22 March 2017 - 01:27 AM

View PostTheZombieKiller, on 22 March 2017 - 01:26 AM, said:

Then why didn't you download the 720p version? (Or is YouTube still processing it?) Here.

I don't know how to download videos from facebook, I just went with the first available version I was able to download.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostxMobilemux, on 22 March 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

UHHHHHHHHHH..............

Well that was dogshit. Remember when Duke used to be a bad ass with a tinge of comedy? The real Duke is never coming back is he...

Fair enough. For future reference, sites such as http://www.fbdown.net/ allow you to download them in the highest available quality.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostHiPolyBash, on 22 March 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

Well that was dogshit. Remember when Duke used to be a bad ass with a tinge of comedy? The real Duke is never coming back is he...

You know what's great about that Zero Hour ad? They were smart enough to not have the Duke actor talk.

They could at least have Jon St John dub over the actor.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options