• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour  "Randy hinted at something for December 1st"

User is offline   The Kins 

View PostCaptain Kupo, on 09 January 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

Kinsie was mostly working to fix and update what was there iirc, stuff like using new gzdoom tools to polish stuff up

I dont think hes got plans to add Gina, but i could be wrong, itd be a big task to program all her weapon behaviors though
Whatever work TerminusEst13 and his merry crew did on Gina has been lost down the backup hole, so I'd have to start from scratch.

In addition, the Samsara codebase is complicated and laden with the hacks of the past (some of which were written by people who, I am reliably informed, weren't exactly sober at the time...), making it difficult and perhaps even a little painful for someone mollycoddled by modern features to work with. Some of the Duke code, for example, is outright unmaintainable without a complete rewrite, due to the fascinating methods used to try and implement the Mighty Foot in some old version of Skulltag.

So I've taken more of a janitorial role on Samsara, keeping it running on modern source ports while only adding the occasional extra thing or bit of detail. It's worked out well enough...

Oh well, still good to see it being maintained at least. RIP Gina, you shall never join the Samsara's sausage party.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View Postspessu_sb, on 07 January 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

Seeing as TF2 doesn't have really any gun differation (rl, sniper and flamer being like the only truly different ones) and as it doesn't have a such thing even as healthpickups or in general any actual In-Map-Based_Pickups because it has medics instead etc classes.

What.

Posted Image

TF2 has health AND ammo pickups in the map, and even has a mode based on Quake 2 CTF, with rune pickups and a grappling hook, so map pickups abound there.

This post has been edited by Striker: 12 February 2017 - 09:51 AM

User is offline   spessu_sb 

Hehe, the "pickups" certainly aren't in the same scale as they are in proper arena shooters such as Quake or UT because TF's focus ain't on itemcontrol but teamwork and objective work.

User is offline   stumppy84 

"The end result is pretty entertaining: He finds himself on this trippy journey on a weird planet, wondering why everyone keeps calling him ‘Gray,’ and in typical Duke fashion, can’t help but try to be the hero — dropping one-liners all along the way.”

I was wondering how they were gonna add him into the story..

http://bulletstorm.c...l-clip-edition/

Is it just me or is bulletstorm.com completely broken on mobile? Barely anything loads and can't "read more" of the post linked above.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostCryptKiller, on 17 February 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

Is it just me or is bulletstorm.com completely broken on mobile? Barely anything loads and can't "read more" of the post linked above.

I had that problem too.

Is it just my eyes or did Gearbox tweak the Duke model? He now looks the size of the 3DR model but with the clothes and face of DNF. Less shiny too and his face is adjusted, maybe to fix the sunglasses cutting into his eyes.

This post has been edited by hismasterplan: 18 February 2017 - 07:03 AM

He still stands out from rest of the game like sore thumb. They couldn't even slightly alter his look because lol everything about this release.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Posthismasterplan, on 18 February 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

Is it just my eyes or did Gearbox tweak the Duke model? He now looks the size of the 3DR model but with the clothes and face of DNF. Less shiny too and his face is adjusted, maybe to fix the sunglasses cutting into his eyes.

He does look slightly different, most noticeably the hair looks more realistic.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View Poststumppy84, on 17 February 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

"The end result is pretty entertaining: He finds himself on this trippy journey on a weird planet, wondering why everyone keeps calling him ‘Gray,’ and in typical Duke fashion, can’t help but try to be the hero — dropping one-liners all along the way.”

I was wondering how they were gonna add him into the story..

http://bulletstorm.c...l-clip-edition/

Yep, I pretty much figured this. No way they were going to shell out money to get the original actors in.

User is offline   stumppy84 

Yeah, and all they would've had to record was one word in different tones.. but maybe Dukes commentary will make it funny.

I didn't think about it, it could've also been a result of the voice actor strike going on, but knowing Gearbox, likely they didn't want to bother.

Maybe being called "Gray" is the characters making fun of Duke's age. Duke: "I ain't gray... yet."

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

The model's looking better now, so that's one positive, I guess.

This reminds of what Duke said in Manhattan Project: "Space the final frontier, and behold the voyages of Duke Nukem. My continuing mission:To explore strange new women and find new aliens, so I can kick their ass".

Also, I agree UE3 does make the DNF Duke model look better than DNF's own tech.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Looks terrible. Jon continues to sound terrible. Please give Duke to Voidpoint or someone who actually cares about the franchise.

I'd rather Voidpoint make an original IP they own and don't owe royalties to anyone.

User is offline   HMNuke93 

View PostHiPolyBash, on 27 February 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Looks terrible. Jon continues to sound terrible. Please give Duke to Voidpoint or someone who actually cares about the franchise.

Jon is not really bad here, his voice reminds me of the tone used in Land Of The Babes.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I don't mind Jon's delivery on its own, but they didn't even animate new lip syncing! It looks like his speech animations are synced to the original lines and they just slapped Duke's lines on top of it. The recording is also too quiet compared to the other voices. It just sounds like Duke's speech is muted in game and Jon is narrating on top of the game like a let's play.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 27 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

^^ It reminds me of Whose Line when they would dub their own lines into movies; the delivery and lines themselves seem so rushed and haphazardly thrown in :/

User is offline   spessu_sb 

Wow, the audio isn't even in sync and the voice tone of Jon is totally off. Is this supposed to be Duke Nukem for crying out loud?

edit: This release just screams of rushing and sloppy work. You can even hear the original Gray voiceactors painsounds lol https://youtu.be/w1t5hDxDbWU?t=553

This post has been edited by spessu_sb: 27 February 2017 - 11:44 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Again, the lines and their delivery I think are totally fine, they're just not mixed at all well with the rest of the game so that it actually sounds like Duke is in the world. This all seems extremely haphazardly slopped together. Just throw a Duke model in there (without giving him proper lip syncing), slap his lines on unmixed and unmastered, and his subtitles and go. And we're expected to pay full price for this? It's like a bad mod.

View PostHiPolyBash, on 27 February 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

"Damn, Jon, what's wrong with your voice!" Wow, it's not horrible, but wow. I'm not even going to mention the lip syncing... Gearbox, get your shit together.

I just realized there is a weapon wheel now instead of the required assault rife + 2 player choice weapons; fucking rad.
Also, I didn't hear Grayson's pain sounds, I heard Duke's?

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostHulkNukem, on 27 February 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

I just realized there is a weapon wheel now instead of the required assault rife + 2 player choice weapons; fucking rad.

First thing I've heard that makes me want to play this version. That's an awesome addition.

I totally agree with MusicallyInspired on the lip syncing. And the weapon wheel/arsenal carry is a nice touch. For some reason I get this Last Action Hero vibe watching Duke and Ishi at the start of the demo. Pretty cool either way.

View PostHulkNukem, on 27 February 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

Also, I didn't hear Grayson's pain sounds, I heard Duke's?

Okay, that's great. Maybe we'll get an enhanced DNF for the XBOne and PS4? If they fixed the gun limit, updated the graphics, modified some of the enemy models, and maybe changed some of the sounds, you gotta admit, it'd be at least playable.

Edit: And add the ability to save the women, not just kill them or, as I like to say, knock them out. :3

This post has been edited by Never Forgotten: 27 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostNever Forgotten, on 27 February 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

Okay, that's great. Maybe we'll get an enhanced DNF for the XBOne and PS4? If they fixed the gun limit, updated the graphics, modified some of the enemy models, and maybe changed some of the sounds, you gotta admit, it'd be at least playable.

It was either Micky or Lunick within maybe a year or two after it released that mentioned how the jump sound in DNF was the exact same sound everytime and I have not been able to unhear it ever since.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 27 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

View PostHulkNukem, on 27 February 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

It was either Micky or Lunick within maybe a year or two after it released that mentioned how the jump sound in DNF was the exact same sound everytime and I have not been able to unhear it ever since.

Wow! Really? Now that's funny. I never really payed attention, I try to ignore the jump sounds because they annoy me, not the biggest fan of it. It worked in Manhattan Project, but not so much in DNF.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options