Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32, Polymer: Shadows and specular effects disabling after reloading a game - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDuke32, Polymer: Shadows and specular effects disabling after reloading a game

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostMark, on 19 July 2020 - 01:49 PM, said:

I know, next time I won't hold back.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Is it correct to say that the only feature Polymer has over Polymost is dynamic lights? (and its associated texture mapping features obviously)

User is offline   Mark 

I think so.

I don't know if other shared features work better in one over the other after the big overhaul for Polymost.

This post has been edited by Mark: 19 July 2020 - 08:05 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

TROR is fool-proof in polymer, but is pretty good in polymost these days.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Well, almost fool-proof. Polymost can do some things with TROR that polymer cannot, and vice-versa. For example, Polymost can do non-euclidean geometry with TROR where two areas occupy the same space, where Polymer cannot.

Anyway, personally, I think some form of simple point lighting could be done in Polymost, as in, no shadows or bump mapping. Would be tricky, but doable. IMHO, it should be done to support World Tour's colored lights.

Now that Polymost uses OpenGL 2.0 like Polymer, highpal should be pretty damn easy to support. I've been investigating this myself, the shader itself seems pretty straightforward, it's just some of the other details in the engine I'm still trying to figure out. If anyone is willing to help me in this matter, please do. If anyone can make a test PK3/GRP with a simple test map and some highpal textures, that'd be a start.

This post has been edited by Striker: 28 July 2020 - 06:45 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostStriker, on 28 July 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

If anyone can make a test PK3/GRP with a simple test map and some highpal textures, that'd be a start.

Why not use the ones in the HRP?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options