• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Tour EDuke32 Compatibility Stopgap  "My package arrives."

User is offline   kona 

Thank you for your sharing Posted Image

User is offline   SonicB00M 

Feels great to have the new official maps inside eduke32! But is there a way to get additional mods to run? Nothing too crazy, I just want to try out the Brutal Duke mod (https://forums.duke4...rk-in-progress/).

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Only if the other mods were designed as mutators.

User is offline   RPD Guy 

View PostHendricks266, on 14 October 2016 - 01:28 AM, said:

Known issues:
The Incinerator is unimplemented.
Multiplayer (blue (and red?) palswapped) Incinerator pickups are not deleted in single player.
The Firefly and BOSS5 don't have any of the new projectiles.
Some breakable objects remain unimplemented.
I haven't added the Armor box to the classic mini-hud, or the slight adjustments to the full statusbar.
The episode 5 ending.
Three normal maps were overlooked.
Need a def token to invert the green channel of normal maps.

Hendricks,
Why the Incinerator and other objects aren't working properly on eduke? Compatibility with CON code? Or these features were not made using CON scripting?

EDIT: Nice job!!

This post has been edited by RPD Guy: 29 August 2017 - 03:40 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Here is the answer:

View Posticecoldduke, on 19 October 2016 - 05:49 AM, said:

So what is the issue with getting the "The Incinerator" weapon implemented?

View PostFox, on 19 October 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

Reverse engineering it. This is me trying to understand what they did:

Posted Image

User is offline   Jim 

DAFUQ doesn't mean it can't be done, right?

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostJim, on 31 August 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

DAFUQ doesn't mean it can't be done, right?

More like "What the f*** they did that(The Incinerator weapon)?", that means it's just unlikely to happens unless someone really want to mess with that thing and finger out how to get it right. :)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 01 September 2017 - 06:35 AM

User is offline   FistMarine 

I have found recently a bug with the Firefly Trooper. It seems like its sprite glitches into the E5 cutscene for some reason. I have a screenshot that shows the problem, in my own test map with a lot of fireflies to demonstrate the bug easier. Here is the screenshot:

I have also found another menu bug, which is unrelated to World Tour but since it happened while taking screenshots, I might as well post it here. What happened is while taking screenshots, I accidentally pressed F11 instead of F12, so it opened the Color Correction menu, then when I finished the map and went back to the main menu, the menu got glitched like that:

User is offline   Jim 

is it possible to give the boss back his rocket so that he can attack at long range?

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostJim, on 13 September 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

is it possible to give the boss back his rocket so that he can attack at long range?

Yes! And you can not even imagine how cool!
Replace this file.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by max_nukem: 14 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

User is offline   Jim 

Thanks, is this Rockets and the flamethrower, or just the rockets?

User is offline   Paul B 

Wow! Hendricks266 nice package! I can't believe how easy this was to get up and running. Looking forward to what else you have in store, keep up the great work! This makes the game play so much more enjoyable.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 26 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

User is offline   Maisth 

A user recently found a glitch or error that happens when playing an user map, which was in my map.

If you try to use the camera devices to look in the distance the game crashes (Only happened to me in User maps not in the campaign)

Now how to fix this in Mapster32 to work with WT, is the thing i don't know

This post has been edited by Maisth: 28 November 2017 - 06:26 AM

World Tour is on sale for $5 right now.

I'm hoping we'll see this fully implemented in EDuke32 eventually with the new weapons and ending.

https://chrono.gg/?=DukeNukem3D

User is offline   NNC 

View PostHendricks266, on 15 November 2016 - 10:43 PM, said:

I'm sure you guys would prefer if Fox and I spend our time on Total Meltdown.

I prefer one finished project instead of five when it's dones.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Hm. Now Total Meltdown is out. So what's next? :)

User is offline   jet_nick 

View PostNightFright, on 04 March 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

Hm. Now Total Meltdown is out. So what's next? :)

Old prototype ahahaha

User is offline   Jim 

One more pitch for the The Incinerator and the new projectiles to make the port perfect?

User is online   Phredreeke 

View PostHendricks266, on 14 October 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

I am not interested in spending the time implementing the Incinerator or the new projectiles used by the Firefly and final boss. I welcome contributions if they meet my standards.

User is offline   Jim 

my post was not directed at Hendricks266

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I believe it was discovered that in order to make it work, someone has to basically provide their own flamethrower code.

User is offline   asdf33 

Awesome. Thank you for making this, Hendricks266. I was disgusted with what Gearbox did to this game, but you made this mess playable again.

Can't make it work. When I start it via stopgap, it CTD's. Here is the log:

Spoiler

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I had that same problem when trying to set that up on another computer. In the end the only workaround I could find was loading it up via a batch file with a "-cachesize 400000000" parameter, and just kept changing the number to some other ludicrously large number until it worked.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 15 September 2018 - 02:57 AM

Changing the cachesize in the cfg file worked! Thanks!

User is offline   asdf33 

I had the same issue, I had to go back to an older build from february that worked for me. Going to try the cache size workaround, though.

User is offline   Mark 

It might help others if you posted what value you set the cache to as a temp fix until the problem is tracked down.

This post has been edited by Mark: 15 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

User is offline   asdf33 

The exact build that introduced the cache space error is eduke32_win32_20180404-6805.7z. It only occurs with the patch installed. The unpatched WT GRP loads fine. Here's my log:
Spoiler

I tried to narrow down a working CacheSize parameter range in eduke32.cfg. 160000000 works, 155000000 and below crashes. When I remove the CacheSize parameter from the config, this happens:
Cachesize = 100663296
Cacnum = 659
Cache length sum = 100663296
ERROR: CACHE SPACE ALL LOCKED UP!

So apparently, it attempts to set a cache size parameter itself that is too low.
Also, I'm getting this line in the log:
Unable to open cache file "textures" or "textures.cache": Permission denied

I thought it could be a file permissions issue, but running eduke32 as admin had no effect.

This post has been edited by asdf33: 16 September 2018 - 12:27 AM

This was easy to setup and run.
i've played WT on Steam and i was quite disappointed that they did not implemented some important features like on Eduke32, they didn't solved any old bug either, expecially the 3th episode that let the player get squished in so many places.

I've tried the Stopgap 1 year and half ago, and it work better than the original i say, exception that some levels won't let the player to proceed because there are some walls that normally should not be there.

As it is a WIP and, as explainded, there is no interest about the Incinerator or the Fireflys, personally I am more satisfied with the Stopgap solution than with the original one.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostThe Battlelord, on 16 September 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

I've tried the Stopgap 1 year and half ago, and it work better than the original i say, exception that some levels won't let the player to proceed because there are some walls that normally should not be there.

Where do you experience this problem? Can you post your eduke32.log file from a run where you see it?

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options