Duke4.net Forums: World Tour EDuke32 Compatibility Stopgap - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Tour EDuke32 Compatibility Stopgap  "My package arrives."

GBX's renderer is a shitpile when it comes to optimization, it literally chops the framerate in half on my PC, which runs Polymer smoothly.

User is offline   HMNuke93 

NightFright, on 01 November 2016 - 12:16 AM, said:

When there is enough to release a new version, it will be made available. You can already play Alien World Order in EDuke32. With a bit of code, you can completely hide the Firefly and Incinerator sprites. And actually, you won't miss them much. Which is relieving and sad at the same time...

That is the problem, i want the Firefly and Incinerator, but unfortunately i don't know how to implement them.

User is offline   NNC 

I tried this version, and sadly, Polymer started to lag as bad as the GBX renderer. I don't know what's the problem, probably the point lights or the ambient occlusion. Without them, I skip this release, as the new enemies and especially the new weapon is more important to me, than better sounds.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Out of curiosity, what did Gearbox change to make the GRP file more compatible with eduke32?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

What do you mean, more compatible? AFAIK, the only thing that's different in the WT groupfile is the replacement of red cross images and some minor corrections of other sprites.

*EDIT*
I guess you mean the upcoming WT patch. Well, it seems the update isn't rolled out yet, so we will have to wait.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Post-Update Update:

The GRP was updated to fix grabbag.mid, so at the very least the .grpinfo file in my package will not work any more. In the coming days I will add the new GRP checksum to EDuke32 itself to allow for Atomic Edition play out of the box. I will then make a new point release of the stopgap, knocking out some of the smaller items from the list.

Question: Does anyone care significantly about using the classic mini-HUD with the Armor box in EDuke32 over TX's way better modern mini-HUD?

User is offline   ---- 

Hendricks266, on 02 November 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

Question: Does anyone care significantly about using the classic mini-HUD with the Armor box in EDuke32 over TX's way better modern mini-HUD?

I absolutely do not.

User is offline   Adamputee 

Warning guys, incoming update!!!

November 2, 2016
General
Restored original sound FX quality
Added option to disable auto-aim
Updated Duke3D.GRP file to work with source ports, and included original DUKE.RTS file
“Use” button now traces to the crosshair, removing the need to crouch to use low buttons
Widescreen aspect ratios now increase viewport width (rather than clipping height)
Fixed Prima Arena (E5L8) so players can get 100% kills
Improved sound ducking when listening to dev commentary
Fixed “Clear” and “Reset” buttons in the keyboard config menu having their functionality swapped
Pushing up on the right analog stick no longer toggles the run state

• The Truth is in here

Available on the HRP website:

WT EDuke32 Compatibility Stopgap v0.41
> Works with WT v2016-11-02
> Includes latest EDuke32 binaries (r5925)

WT patch for Atomic Edition v0.42
> Works with WT v2016-11-02
> Includes latest EDuke32 binaries (r5925)

Until Hendricks releases new files with improved compatibility, these will serve as placeholders to keep everything working.

Note: If you had executed the Atomic Edition patch script before Nov 2, it is recommended you delete the "worldtour" folder in your EDuke32 dir, download the new script and repeat the whole process to have latest files.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 November 2016 - 12:34 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

I do, I don't like EDuke32's new mini HUD and armor would be a nice addition, although it isn't a big deal.

User is offline   LkMax 

Does it mean we'll get a weapon wheel?
Or it doesn't have anything to do with that bad-ass cancelled port HUD?

Re-reading the post, I think I might have misunderstood.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 03 November 2016 - 05:54 AM

• The Truth is in here

I would be lying if I claimed that I need that mini HUD adjustment badly. Actually I am even playing with the full statusbar enabled. I had always thought the minimized HUD could contain more info than just health and ammo, though.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 November 2016 - 05:45 AM

It is possible physically isolate the DWT episode files to save some disk space once installed?

• Weaponized Autism

That wouldn't save any space. Half the installation size is the music. Other contributors include the developer commentary and the videos.

User is offline   Jim 

Are there still efforts to get the new gun and the firefly working in eduke32?

• Weaponized Autism

I'm sure you guys would prefer if Fox and I spend our time on Total Meltdown.

User is offline   NNC 

Hendricks266, on 15 November 2016 - 10:43 PM, said:

I'm sure you guys would prefer if Fox and I spend our time on Total Meltdown.

As for myself, yes. I'm satisfied at playing the new ep. in the given version, at least it has the new weapon/sprites/cutscenes. TM is long long overdue.

• The Truth is in here

Posted Image

• Weaponized Autism

New version: e32wt_20161225.7z

Changelog:
Updated the .grpinfo to reflect the first World Tour update on 20161102.
Added normal map definitions for tiles 402, 4228, and 4229, originally missed because they are in TGA format rather than BMP.

No further changes.

Forgive the stupid question, but I see both:

WT EDuke32 Compatibility Stopgap v0.41
WT patch for Atomic Edition v0.42

Given the version numbers, is the second just an update to the previous, or are these different?

I was thinking of picking up WT, but if one/two of the new weapons aren't implemented (nor the ending) should I hold off and wait until this is more mature?

Thanks!

• Weaponized Autism

Where did you find these descriptions? I never gave any such version numbers to my work, and I don't know what the second item even is. (I suspect it fixes the main game data file to have the proper main theme, but Gearbox already fixed that themselves in the November 2nd patch.)

The choice is up to you. Opinion on the Incinerator varies, and I believe many people have enjoyed the episode with my stopgap in spite of it lacking what it does. If you choose to wait, you might be waiting a long time...

Hendricks266, on 11 January 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

Where did you find these descriptions? I never gave any such version numbers to my work, and I don't know what the second item even is. (I suspect it fixes the main game data file to have the proper main theme, but Gearbox already fixed that themselves in the November 2nd patch.)

The choice is up to you. Opinion on the Incinerator varies, and I believe many people have enjoyed the episode with my stopgap in spite of it lacking what it does. If you choose to wait, you might be waiting a long time...

The descriptions are from the download page here where both are for download. Scroll to the very bottom.

http://hrp.duke4.net/download.php

This post has been edited by enderandrew: 11 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

• Weaponized Autism

I strongly dislike how NightFright repacked and edited my work.

It's one thing to rehost the file, but it's another to rewrite the readme, attach an arbitary version number, make changes to the CON files without telling me, throw in binaries of EDuke32 that will immediately become outdated, add an improper license file, and tack on support for a completely unnecessary patch to restore the red crosses. This isn't the add-on compilation, this is something that is still in active development.

I've taken the liberty of editing the HRP site to remove his repacks and provide a direct link to this thread instead.

• Weaponized Autism

New version: e32wt_20170111.7z

Changelog:
Add two text quotes introduced in the the 20161102 patch.

No further changes.

User is offline   pacman 

Doesnt work for me. I got eduke32_win64_20170105-6007 and extracted e32wt_20170111.7z in the WT folder and when I run eduke i see no WT :lol:

• Weaponized Autism

Zip your grpfiles.cache and eduke32.log and attach them here.

User is offline   FistMarine 

I have a similar problem. I unzipped e32wt_20170111.7z into my World Tour folder, as well as EDuke32 build 6007. However I can still start the game just fine, even if it doesn't show anything at startup window.

The only problem I have is that the episode names, level names and quotes don't appear correctly. I will attach a screenshot of this problem, as well as a zip file that contains grpfiles.cache and the log file.

• Weaponized Autism

RunningDuke, on 18 January 2017 - 06:12 AM, said:

The only problem I have is that the episode names, level names and quotes don't appear correctly.

This means that my package is not working at all.

RunningDuke, on 18 January 2017 - 06:12 AM, said:

I will attach a screenshot of this problem, as well as a zip file that contains grpfiles.cache and the log file.

Thank you. You still have the pre-patch GRP file. Take the .grpinfo file from the original version of my package, and it will detect it.

User is offline   FistMarine 

Hendricks266, on 18 January 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

Thank you. You still have the pre-patch GRP file. Take the .grpinfo file from the original version of my package, and it will detect it.

No problem. And thanks for helping me, I just took the grpinfo from the original package like you said and now it works fine, the game gets detected and text displays properly.

• Weaponized Autism

Good to hear. I will update the package to restore detection of the original GRP file, and to display a warning in the menu and in the log file.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options