Duke4.net Forums: Recreation of map Plug and Pray - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Recreation of map Plug and Pray  "Recreation of map Plug and Pray"

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I'm impressed by your work but in the future can you use a file host that doesn't force a waiting period between downloads? (Like tinyupload.com) Especially if there are multiple files needed

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Due to the nature of this "full package", I have decided to refrain from adding this contribution to the addon compilation - as nice as it is. It may take the guys from the EDuke32 team a while to get the official version of Total Meltdown done, but out of respect for their work and efforts, I cannot integrate this. Anyway, there is already a rudimentary Plug N Pray episode in the compilation. Not as good and complete as this one, but at least it's missing so much that it feels a lot better to have it there than this. Nevertheless, thumbs up for the effort!

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostNightFright, on 10 January 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Due to the nature of this "full package", I have decided to refrain from adding this contribution to the addon compilation - as nice as it is. It may take the guys from the EDuke32 team a while to get the official version of Total Meltdown done, but out of respect for their work and efforts, I cannot integrate this. Anyway, there is already a rudimentary Plug N Pray episode in the compilation. Not as good and complete as this one, but at least it's missing so much that it feels a lot better to have it there than this. Nevertheless, thumbs up for the effort!

Salty?
This is someone else's work, not somebody from the "eduke32 team". (afaik)
If you include work from someone outside that "team" and someone on the "team" doesn't like it, that's their problem. They can catch their tears with their own bucket.

If you're not including it because there's already a similar package, and you don't feel like having redundancy, or having to pick between the two, that's a different story.

This post has been edited by Forge: 10 January 2018 - 09:24 AM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, let's say there's more than one reason. Of course this release is preferrable over what's in the compilation - those levels don't even feature custom textures or sprites iirc.

I just dunno how the author of the other package would feel if his entry is dismissed in favor of another. But well, I can always ask. Since I am asking before adding something, removal can be the same process. Maybe it's not needed, but I consider it a matter of politeness.

User is offline   Forge 

Your compilation. You did most of the work to fix everything and put it together. I would think it would be you who decides what stays & what goes.
If I made something decent enough to make your list, but it was only half done, I'd understand if something better came along and you wanted to use that instead.

Some people are a bit more thin skinned though, so a "polite" announcement in your compilation thread of the impending change would suffice.
If said party ever got around to completing their project and the quality is better than this one, you could swap them again.
(unless they say no the second time because you pursued higher quality & more complete work. Then they're just being petty. Some people need to get over themselves)

just my opinion.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostNightFright, on 10 January 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Official what? The official TM was released 20 years ago. Now some guys did a great research and managed to rip the files many years ago (art, sound, maps etc.), then others (a guy whose nickname starts with a H and ends with a 6) decided it's their project now and sit on the the assets forall these years. In the meantime an ambitious guy stopped waiting and remade the whole thing from scratch. He deserves more credit than the ones who are sleeping on the existing assets.

I also don't think you need to replace the one existing on your repository. Both can be there with some distinctive filenames (referring to the authors probably), and everyone will be happy. But of course it's your work, you decide what goes and what stays, just my two cents.

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostNancsi, on 12 January 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

Official what? The official TM was released 20 years ago. Now some guys did a great research and managed to rip the files many years ago (art, sound, maps etc.), then others (a guy whose nickname starts with a H and ends with a 6) decided it's their project now and sit on the the assets forall these years. In the meantime an ambitious guy stopped waiting and remade the whole thing from scratch. He deserves more credit than the ones who are sleeping on the existing assets.

I agreed!

This post has been edited by max_nukem: 12 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

User is offline   pontifex91 

Links do not work. Can someone upload again?

User is offline   Forge 

https://www.mediafir.../lbvjty68wdysk/

User is offline   pontifex91 

I added missing respawn starting points for all maps, because previously to the lack of which the second player in the cooperative game after death spawned at the zero coordinates of the map, which led to a looped death.

Download

I also added it to my project Eduke32 GUI Launcher and add-ons kit for easy coop launch

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options