Duke4.net Forums: Interceptor's Kickstarter Project: Rad Rodgers - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interceptor's Kickstarter Project: Rad Rodgers  "Funding Beings September 6th 2016"

User is offline   Loke 

An archived stream from Twitch with gameplay: https://www.twitch.t...ment/v/89202092 (gameplay starts at 56:05)

Damn, they only crossed 29000 $ and more than half the time has passed by.. Come on guys let's fund the rest! ;)

User is offline   ---- 

View PostDukeNukem64, on 20 September 2016 - 03:50 AM, said:

Damn, they only crossed 29000 $ and more than half the time has passed by.. Come on guys let's fund the rest! ;)

I would, but ... although it looks awesome I am not a friend of this type of cartoon style (make it like Brogorce or Metal Slug with the current look instead of a boy. Then one problem is outta the way for me). The second, more important thing to me is, that you aim with the mouse. I just don't like that.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 20 September 2016 - 06:17 AM

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

View Postfuegerstef, on 20 September 2016 - 06:16 AM, said:

I would, but ... although it looks awesome I am not a friend of this type of cartoon style (make it like Brogorce or Metal Slug with the current look instead of a boy. Then one problem is outta the way for me). The second, more important thing to me is, that you aim with the mouse. I just don't like that.

The mouse is not needed. I basically never use it in Rad Rodgers. It's there for those who prefer it, but I mainly play with the arrow keys (Classic Apogee Style)
or with a controller using the Dpad ;)

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Playing platformers with mouse is weird. Abuse was the only platformer I played with mouse and it was designed for it.

Would be nice to play the demo, pretty sure more people would be interested.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

What about Terraria?

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 20 September 2016 - 06:18 AM, said:

The mouse is not needed. I basically never use it in Rad Rodgers. It's there for those who prefer it, but I mainly play with the arrow keys (Classic Apogee Style)
or with a controller using the Dpad ;)

What's up with the marketing for Rad Rodgers? Rise of the Triad had marketing I couldn't avoid if I wanted to. YouTube channels playing builds of it and press coverage everywhere. Bombshell and Rad Rodgers I've seen almost nothing for and that wouldn't have helped Bombshell considering its ridiculous price tag either, not to say I didn't like parts of it. Did Dave Oshry end up being replaced with anyone because it doesn't really seem like it. A short playable demo or YouTubers playing the alpha of it seems like it'd bring more coverage to it.

For the record I'm putting a few dollars into the Kickstarter as I like the concept. Reminds me of a cross between Keen and Conker. Good luck to you guys. I hope the rumors about a SiN sequel or remake are true!

User is offline   Lunick 

Their promotion is rather "try hard" https://twitter.com/...549131120771073

Posted Image

Yeah...wow..that's pretty pathetic. We may have a real competition for the Duke Nukem Twitter marketing.

Posted Image

View PostHiPolyBash, on 20 September 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

What's up with the marketing for Rad Rodgers?

I did see that IGN posted the trailer on the 19th.

I had backed the project, but ended up cancelling my pledge since they won't give an answer on what's going on with Bombshell's next patch. Maybe I'm being a douche, I dunno. I think I'd be a schmuck to throw more money at them when they won't confirm that they're going to continue standing by their products.

I still think Rad Rodgers looks awesome, and I hope the funding comes through for them. I'd still like to help out, but we'll see what happens.

EDITED TO ADD: I see an update was posted to the Bombshell Steam message board about an hour ago.

This post has been edited by cosmonautcowboy: 21 September 2016 - 10:00 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 20 September 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

What about Terraria?

Actually, I forgot about this one. Though I wouldn't call it typical platformer.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Scott Miller audio interview with The Retro Hour, about Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein 3D, and Rad Rogers.

Someone actually backed with 5000$ getting them:

Pledge $5,000 or more

Worthworm Jim

• GET ONE FULL HOUR OF VOICE ACTING COACHING WITH THE LEGENDARY JON ST JOHN
• GET YOUR LINES INTO THE GAME
• YOU WILL ALSO BE CREDITED FOR YOUR LINES

You get to sit down with Jon St John - the voice of Duke Nukem and Dusty - for one full hour of voice coaching over Skype. We will supply you with some lines that will fit the game and together with Jon, you will record these and get them in the game. Please note: This requires you have some basic recording equipment.
INCLUDE ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS.

Anyone from in here? ;)

User is offline   Loke 

Less than $9000 to go with 10 days left.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm fairly confident they're going to reach their goal.

Even if they didn't I'd be surprised if they wouldn't just dump the remaining cash in themselves so they wouldn't let the $40,000+ go to waste.

Edit: Less than $8000 to go.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 25 September 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostMicky C, on 25 September 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

Even if they didn't I'd be surprised if they wouldn't just dump the remaining cash in themselves so they wouldn't let the $40,000+ go to waste.

I wondered about that when it was mentioned above that there was a $5000 backer. If maybe they were pushing things along to keep the momentum going. Maybe not, but that's a lot of money from one person for a single episode of a video game!

LGR has posted a 20 minute first impressions video of an early build:

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Postcosmonautcowboy, on 26 September 2016 - 06:25 AM, said:

I wondered about that when it was mentioned above that there was a $5000 backer. If maybe they were pushing things along to keep the momentum going. Maybe not, but that's a lot of money from one person for a single episode of a video game!

Eh, I used to sell a lot of old big box copies of PC games and I once sold something to a guy who put either $20k or $40k down on the Wasteland 2 kickstarter. It happens.

Game looks good, unfortunately the people at 3DRealms/Interceptor still can't manage to make the comedy work.

And if you can't manage to make games with good humor, better just to cut it to a minimum rather than forcing the wackiness.
Don't repeat the same mistake you made with RoTT or Bombshell, it won't work and people will berate the game for it.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 26 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

View PostTerminX, on 26 September 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

Eh, I used to sell a lot of old big box copies of PC games and I once sold something to a guy who put either $20k or $40k down on the Wasteland 2 kickstarter. It happens.

Wow. Five grand is nothing compared to that! I wish I had that sort of spending money!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Postcosmonautcowboy, on 26 September 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

Wow. Five grand is nothing compared to that! I wish I had that sort of spending money!

You and me both!

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostMarphy Black, on 26 September 2016 - 06:27 AM, said:

LGR has posted a 20 minute first impressions video of an early build:

Man, I've said it before, but the quality of the art and animation is pretty fucking solid in this. Those cinematics are animated very very well
Nice to hear the issues he has with the game are things that could be fixed and aren't fundamental mechanics like shooting or platforming, although one of the issues (checkpoints) harkens back to the ROTT remake, although they added in saving for that, so...
(judging from the comments on the video, they actually already addressed the checkpoint/lives system issues, so great!)

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 26 September 2016 - 01:00 PM

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Thanks for all the comments guys ;)
As a small treat, we decided to reach out to the legends that influenced Rad Rodgers, and create a small documentary.

I posted a new topic about it here:

https://forums.duke4...c-sidescroller/

This post has been edited by Frederik Schreiber: 27 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

Documentary is nice. What's the price of Rad Rodgers when released? Whoever priced Bombshell $40 was smoking really bad crack. Maybe when Bombshell FPS and Playstation version is released you'll re-release it at a reasonable price like $15 or $25 if FPS is included.

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 27 September 2016 - 08:47 PM

Game is almost funded.
I wonder what the 17$ backer reward is. I mean: which classic games are included? ;)

The real Duke Nukem Forever. What Gearbox released was a decoy.

View PostHiPolyBash, on 27 September 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

The real Duke Nukem Forever. What Gearbox released was a decoy.

I backed it because it's the real Crash Bandicoot! In the ol' sidescroller parts of the early Crash games, I knew that was not the real Crash! Was impostor!! Now we have the real Crash, at last! ;)

(Allen Blum doesn't make decoys! Except the holo-Duke, only exception.)

Happy to see this passed it's funding goal, that poster earlier who said it wasn't going to make it was WROOOOOOOOOONG by the way.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 28 September 2016 - 01:46 AM

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 28 September 2016 - 01:41 AM, said:

I backed it because it's the real Crash Bandicoot! In the ol' sidescroller parts of the early Crash games, I knew that was not the real Crash! Was impostor!! Now we have the real Crash, at last! ;)

I should have quoted the post above mine. I meant that the 3D Realms classic collection is actually the real duke forever :D

nice to see they passed their goal

Well it got funded + made the first stretch goal.

Going to be interesting to see how the rest of the community receives this game.

If you pledged, remember to give the information needed as the BETA is really close to being released ;)

Going to be fun to play this kind of game again for me personally. :D

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The survey for the beta just came out. Any idea when we'll actually receive it? The email wasn't clear.

I look forward to giving some feedback to Interceptor. Some small tweaks can go a long way some times. Just watching the example gameplay that's been released, it seems like those segments where Rusty needs to go into some kind of glitch zone and float around aren't the best idea. It sounds good on paper in order to break things up a bit, but on the other hand you don't want to break things up too much or you'll ruin the pacing/flow/momentum. The fact that I saw 3 in one level is too much IMO, 1 or 2 should do it. There was nothing really appealing about those sections from a gameplay perspective.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options