Duke4.net Forums: Forerunners - The PC Sidescroller - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forerunners - The PC Sidescroller  "A 3D Realms Documentary about the PC Sidescroller"

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Hi Guys!

During the Kickstarter Campaign for Rad Rodgers (http://kck.st/2cDwhgk) we decided to reach out the legends that
we looked up to (And still do), who defined the PC Sidescroller. The end result is a small documentary about the genre
featuring Cliff Bleszinski, John Romero, Tom Hall and more.

I just wrapped up the editing, and pushed it to Youtube - Check it out!

Thanks for the video, it was very fun to watch.

Very informative! I was a console guy back then, so playing PC platformers now feel odd. Also, I know that SMB3 on DOS that id Software sent to Nintendo was a well-known fact, but this is actually my first time seeing it.

Also, another thing about the PC platformer genre is that now it's always marketed to people who grew up on it. Things like Shovel Knight and even Rad Rodgers are all aimed at people in their 20s/30s who were nostalgic about. it I know kids nowadays all want edgy/realistic/viral stuff like Call of Duty and Battlefield or even minigames like Candy Crush and Fruit Ninja on mobile devices, but I really want to see a PC platformer that reels the kids back in.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It's ironic and sad that there is absolutely no footage of a Duke game at all. ;)

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 28 September 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

It's ironic and sad that there is absolutely no footage of a Duke game at all. ;)

There is, and we actually just did a whole video about it as well:

This post has been edited by Frederik Schreiber: 28 September 2016 - 07:08 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Oh! I must have missed it. Still, I expected to see the evolution of the game as it did have the most evolution of a platformer as a series than any of the others. But that video is neat too.

User is offline   MetHy 

Nice videos.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options