• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   Jolteon 

Aww crap...

Attached Image: mars1.png Attached Image: mars2.png

It seems as though the sky will appear normal even if set to a palette in true 3D render.

Also...

Attached Image: firefly.png

It seems as though Fireflies can duck, but it was a rare occurrence though. I'm not sure but I think I saw them firing the normal lasers while ducking like lizard troopers though instead of a flamethrower (It did looked like it though, but it was hard to tell since the lizard troopers were around).

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Made a Polymer version of my map Stadium Remake, hopefully it works!!

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=780353330

Posted Image

This post has been edited by DavoX: 13 October 2016 - 06:09 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostShadow Jolteon, on 13 October 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

It seems as though the sky will appear normal even if set to a palette in true 3D render.

The cubemaps are true color textures, and they don't have any tinting code. ;)

Fullbrights are also unsupported. :D

View PostHendricks266, on 13 October 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

The cubemaps are true color textures, and they don't have any tinting code. ;)

Fullbrights are also unsupported. :D

I don't like to see you sad Hendricks makes me sad :dukewhistle:

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostDavoX, on 13 October 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

Made a Polymer version of my map Stadium Remake, hopefully it works!!

My framerate would say "no thanks".

This post has been edited by LkMax: 13 October 2016 - 06:14 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostLkMax, on 13 October 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

My framerate would say "no thanks".

Funny because its faster in this version than in polymer actually...

User is offline   LkMax 

I suppose you mean polymost? And that would be really strange if so. Polymer lags quite a bit in larger maps, and I think my 750ti should be able to handle it better since it's just fancy light.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I mean the new renderer by nerve.

• Weaponized Autism

View Postduke a number1, on 13 October 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

I don't like to see you sad Hendricks makes me sad ;)

Don't worry, I'm having plenty of fun working on my package.

Posted Image

// Configuration gamevars
var voice 0 0 // 0 - 2016 voice, 1 - 1996 voice except during Episode 5, 2 - 1996 voice except new lines only
var commentary 0 0 // 0 - off, 1 - on, 2 - show but don't allow playback

EDIT: Nailed the Ogg bug.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 13 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

User is offline   Kralex 

• Removed

View PostAdrenalinDragon, on 13 October 2016 - 04:28 AM, said:

GameSpot Review

GameSpot gave Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour a 5/10, not an 8.8/10. Get your facts right, Gearbox!

I couldn't really care less how badly they bash the game or anything, but gosh that is some terrible writing! 'The famous "Come get some!" line from Duke Nukem 3D served as a call to battle. This was a crewcut-sporting action hero who also wanted people to hail him as the king, so he wasn't exactly big on introspective moments. But now we've moved on to the 20th Anniversary World Tour edition of this revolutionary 1996 shooter, and I have to ask myself if I still want some of what the Duke is offering.' This is some really strange phrasing...

User is offline   ashura252 

Is there a list of what is supposed to have dev commentary? Just played the first 3 levels of episode 1, and only the first level had any at all.

User is offline   The Kins 

View PostMetHy, on 13 October 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Yeah, what the hell is Sillicon Graphics and what does it have to do with World Tour?
Silicon Graphics was a company that made powerful workstations and other graphics hardware in the 80s and 90s. You might better know them for creating the graphics hardware for the N64. They're still around in some vague form today, but not in their original guise.

They also contribute, or contributed, to open source stuff, and that's one of their licenses. Presumably Nerve used some piece of code or another under that license, requiring them to include that text file with their project.

This isn't an uncommon thing. If you have a smartphone, there's likely a "Licenses" page somewhere in the settings app that lists all the software licenses for code they utilise in their OSes.

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postashura252, on 13 October 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

Is there a list of what is supposed to have dev commentary? Just played the first 3 levels of episode 1, and only the first level had any at all.

Only these levels have commentary
Spoiler

User is offline   Kyanos 

that liscence is a cover for all the open sourced code I bet, randy said only the new episode is what's being sold. Hell maybe even the base grp is still legally grey.

This post has been edited by Drek: 13 October 2016 - 09:25 PM

• Weaponized Autism

My theory about the license:

These days, the GPL has massively fallen out of favor with businesses. It is much more common to release code under permissive licenses like BSD or MIT which place essentially no requirements on anyone who uses the code besides giving credit. It is possible that a source code release was considered at some point or by someone in the chain, and this license is what it would use if it ever happens.

By the way, how do you get to the cheat menu in World Tour on PC? A gameplay vid posted earlier mentioned a button sequence on consoles involving the dpad, haven't found it on PC yet.

Also how do you get secret levels on the main level select screen? I've beaten Prima Arena (ep5) for example and I'm on Launch Facility (ep1), they're not on the select screen.

One more question, anybody have directions to the new secret exit to Faces of Death in The Abyss? ;)

User is offline   ashura252 

View PostLunick, on 13 October 2016 - 09:15 PM, said:

Only these levels have commentary
Spoiler

Hmm, okay. Would have been nicer to have a few more in there, but I guess they did the whole new episode, so that's cool..

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postashura252, on 13 October 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

Hmm, okay. Would have been nicer to have a few more in there, but I guess they did the whole new episode, so that's cool..

Except Bloody Hell ;)

User is offline   Shaq Fu 

Posted Image

RIP MasterCard and Visa

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Interesting how they were able to deal with all these details. If only they had taken care of some other things with this level of determination.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 14 October 2016 - 12:09 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostShaq Fu, on 13 October 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

RIP MasterCard and Visa

I'm more concerned about why they fucked up the texture beneath. If they changed the mastercard and visa texture to a new one in the art, there is a new reason to edit anything near it in the map.
It's been reported ITT they also changed some ceiling textures in the same map so something must have gone wrong in the process.
At least we can assume that this is the kind of changes that happened when Levelord and Allen Blum edited the old maps to add new lights; so it's their changes.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 14 October 2016 - 12:16 AM

View PostHendricks266, on 13 October 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

My theory about the license:

These days, the GPL has massively fallen out of favor with businesses. It is much more common to release code under permissive licenses like BSD or MIT which place essentially no requirements on anyone who uses the code besides giving credit. It is possible that a source code release was considered at some point or by someone in the chain, and this license is what it would use if it ever happens.
I suspect it has absolutely nothing to do with a source code release of the World Tour engine, mooted or not, and everything to do with some random piece of open-source code used to do something extremely boring.

I highly doubt that there will be a source code release for World Tour, partially because of the publisher involved, and partially because they'd have to strip out all the console and Steam stuff, which might take time and money that could be better put towards Ultimate Borderlands vs. Battleborn: Chaos.

• The Truth is in here

Here is a summary of smaller issues I have found in the World Tour files/file structure. Whether or not they cause any issues is unknown, but maybe it's worth forwarding (most of them I have already mentioned earlier):

Last update: November 3, 2016

In folder sound\DevCommentary
> E5L02 folder holds commentaries for both E5L02 and E5L03 (as stated here)
> E5L03 commentaries are named Commentary_E5L02_* instead of Commentary_E5L03_* (see above)

In folder textures\tiles000
> 0051_n.bmp: Additional/redundant second file 0051_n.tga exists
> 151_n.bmp: Should be named 0151_n.bmp

In files fireflytrooper.con, flamethrower.con and game.con
> Various cases where there is { nullop } else instead of just { } else (this is a cosmetic thing, causes 24 needless warnings in EDuke32)
fireflytrooper.con: lines 96, 582, 596, 607
flamethrower.con: lines 7, 84, 96, 128, 149
game.con: lines 1646, 3384, 4606, 4628, 5291, 5311, 5862, 6355, 6377, 7566, 7615, 7635, 7638, 8798, 8820

In file game.con
> All minibosses with strength of full bosses if not spritepal 0, 21 or 22 (see details)
> After freezing an Octobrain on fire and letting it return to normal, it'll be back with red palette (but without burning)
> Alien Queen bleeding red instead of green (see details)

In file user.con
> Definition for a ninth level: definelevelname 4 8 maps/E5L9.map 01:23 01:23 #E5L9
> Typo in the sound file path ("\\" instead of "\"): definesound FLAMETHROWER_INTRO sound\\Wep_Flamethrower_OneShot.ogg 0 0 255 0 0

Unused files:
> music: E5L7_PluckYouPartTwo.ogg
> sound: Wep_Flamethrower_Start.ogg, VO_E5L2_Duke_BeHere - ALT.ogg

Useless files:
> name.h (leftover from Mapster32)

Other:
> Exiting E1L7 within episode doesn't return you to E1L5, but E1L6 (probably hardcoded secret nukebutton behavior, see here)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 November 2016 - 01:25 AM

Is E5L9 just a typo or was there actually a cut level?

Also, how would E5L7 Part 2 be used? I don't remember any music-switching tricks in the original game.

Has anyone reported the Flamethrower start sound to Gearbox?

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostPikaCommando, on 14 October 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Also, how would E5L7 Part 2 be used?

Boss fight maybe?

I don't remember any music-switching tricks in the original game.

That's probably why it's not in.

User is offline   Lunick 

Pluck You Part Two is longer and more intense.

View PostPikaCommando, on 14 October 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Is E5L9 just a typo or was there actually a cut level?
It was probably a placeholder, like the three multiplayer map placeholders (Roach Condo, Antiprofit etc.) in the Episode 1 CON definitions.

• Weaponized Autism

My package is up.

• The Truth is in here

Added another missing file to my report above (alternate Duketalk which wasn't used).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 14 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Don't forget that the GRP contains a "grabbag.voc.ogg" in place of grabbag.mid, and DUKE.RTS is entirely missing.

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options