Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars: Episode Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Episode Thread  "Because theres too many awesome things happening for a thread each"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostSledgehammer, on 10 October 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

Don't know why, but I'm getting this vibe from that poster:

The "PC" part, or the layout & color scheme?

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostForge, on 10 October 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

The "PC" part, or the layout & color scheme?

The answer to this question would spoil this post. :rolleyes:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostZaxtor, on 10 October 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

Can't wait for this movie.
Technically the last film Carrie Fisher will be in (She passed away few month after the film RIP).

Any word on if they’re going to bring her back in some form with CGI later on? Not that I’ve heard anything, but If they go that route it could set an enormous precedent for this kind of thing in the future.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 12 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMicky C, on 12 October 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

Any word on if they’re going to bring her back in some form with CGI later on? Not that I’ve heard anything, but If they go that route it could set an enormous precedent for this kind of thing in the future.

They've explicitly stated they are not going to CGI her and I'm pretty sure they also said they won't be using a stand-in actress or lookalike. That really limits their options somewhat.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

More like Supreme Leader Sloth in golden tweed coat.

• Honored Donor

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 12 October 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

They've explicitly stated they are not going to CGI her and I'm pretty sure they also said they won't be using a stand-in actress or lookalike. That really limits their options somewhat.

Yeah that makes things tricky.

I wonder if Snoke is the Sith Lord that Palpatine told Anakin about, the one who found a way to beat death. The story goes he was killed off long ago, but who knows.

• The Sarien Encounter

Darth Plagueis, Palpatine's old master. There's been a theory for a while that he is, but they've said that Snoke is someone we haven't net yet.....which still COULD be plaugeis the way it's worded. But Plaugeis was a Muun alien. Unless they're changing that....

Personally, though I love the theory, I doubt it.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 October 2017 - 06:14 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Another little teaser with a couple new scenes and dialogue.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 01 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 14 October 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

Darth Plagueis, Palpatine's old master. There's been a theory for a while that he is, but they've said that Snoke is someone we haven't net yet.....which still COULD be plaugeis the way it's worded. But Plaugeis was a Muun alien. Unless they're changing that....

Personally, though I love the theory, I doubt it.

As far as his race goes, that was thrown out the window when Disney deemed EU non-canon.

He could be anything at this point.

Since Disney approved a movie that turned ALL the Dark Forces books and game trilogy into an enormous pile of alternative universe fanfictions (that we supposed to still considered as official content), that is not surprising. We could even expect a whole reboot of the Star Wars universe as it happened for Star Trek now.

Oh wait, there always JJ behind the camera to do so for our happiness, so it's possible that Disney will think about it.

• The Sarien Encounter

"Disney this", "Disney that." Lucasfilm is still making all the decisions. Disney just owns Lucasfilm now. Disney isn't the one changing everything. I keep hearing this and it's bugging me.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Isn't it some cunt who did all of this crap and who of course is in charge of Lucasfilm? Don't remember her name, she even promised Lucas that nothing bad will happen to his legacy or something like that.

And I'd say Disney has responsibilities as well in this case: they're the one who allowed this bullshit to happen in the first place, just like when gave exclusive SW game rights to one of the most disgusting companies in the entire gaming industry. If they owned nothing and had no power then blaming them would be pointless.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 04 November 2017 - 07:27 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Lucasfilm still operates autonomously is my point. Every decision made has been made by Lucasfilm, not Disney.

Her name is Kathleen Kennedy. Lucas gave her scripts for movies for episodes 7-9 to make after he left. She ignored them. Honestly, I'm sort of glad. I like these episodes and I couldn't stand anything more by Lucas himself.

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   ---- 

Five hours and 1 minuten until I can and will sse it. :D

I am really looking forward to it, as the reviews seem to indicate that it is really good. ;)

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 13 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

I got tickets for tomorrow night at 10:30. Third showing of the night. Only problem is it's first come first serve seating. We could get reserved seating on the 15th but only the first two rows were free. So forget that I'll take my chances. I've been hearing good things too. Really excited to see what Rian brought to the table. It seems to be very different from what we've gotten. That said, I'm trying to temper my expectations.

User is offline   Forge 

Rumor is that the director of this one got a deal to do the next three movies as well.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostForge, on 13 December 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Rumor is that the director of this one got a deal to do the next three movies as well.

AFAIK it is not only a rumor.

• The Sarien Encounter

He's doing a new trilogy, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be episodes 10, 11, and 12. I think he's gone on record saying that it's in an as yet unexplored part of the Star Wars universe. So, far away from the Skywalkers. But yeah, it's announced, not a rumour.

User is offline   ---- 

Well, my spoiler-free, personal opinion:

Let's put it this way: It was the best Star Wars movie since Rogue One.

EDIT:
The people at the cinema handed out small Lego Walkers. So it was oK to go there at midnight.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 13 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

So you thought TFA was better then?

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 13 December 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

So you thought TFA was better then?

I honestly cannot decide, yet.

I am not even sure if I (personal opinion, of course) would it rank much higher than the prequels ( I am 44 years old, so I grew up with the old movies and rank them much higher than the prequels, of course)

I am a huge Star Wars fan, so I will watch it again and decide after that.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 13 December 2017 - 11:49 PM

• Honored Donor

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 13 December 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

episodes 10, 11, and 12.

Yikes, are they ever going to stop making them?

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMicky C, on 14 December 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

Yikes, are they ever going to stop making them?

And it will be written by Ryan Johnson, who made the current Episode.

Ah, screw it ... I need to get it out ... I thought this Episode was utter crap, that (minus the love dialogues between Padme and Anakin) was as bad as the prequels.

I can't discuss it due to spoilers, of course.

And maybe others like it.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

> NO SPOILERS - Safe to read! <

Watched it today. I think it's a nice movie, even though it does - once again - NOT fully succeed in avoiding parallels to the original trilogy. However, other than Ep.7, it is doing a lot better in that aspect. A few scenes feel a bit too constructed to achieve the "Ha! You didn't see THIS coming, did you?" effect.

I am sure many of you guys will have issues with this movie, may it be due to questionable physics in space (dropping bombs, "sinking" ships), fates of characters that make you frown (in one case I was asking myself what was the point of introducing the character in the first place), luck-based events or parts of the plot that feel completely redundant and may have made the whole story feel more focussed if they had been cut. How they developed Luke's character was also not what you would have expected, but since it is explained later on, ultimately I am OK with it.

I believe Ep.8 has great action sequences, more (and much better) scenes with the new characters and a plot which feels more emancipated than it did in Ep.7. And it was great to see Carrie Fisher once more, she had some wonderful scenes in this movie and felt more important again. The Last Jedi may not be the best Star Wars movie of all times, but it's my favorite of the post-Lucas era so far, with Rogue One as close second.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 14 December 2017 - 09:10 AM

User is offline   ---- 

I watched it a second time and really enjoyed it this time (despite it's flaws).

I think that's because the first time I over analyzed things (and I am not even talking space physics) and didn't sit back to enjoy the movie. I had read all novels from the old EU and every comic, so one could call me a Star Wars fanatic.

In a few days I will write a poiler filled review (but I will warn and use spoiler tags, of course).

EDIT:
But for me Rogue One is still one of the best despite it's slow first third.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 14 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Splinter of a Mind's Eye should have been part of the Anthology.

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostForge, on 14 December 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

Splinter of a Mind's Eye should have been part of the Anthology.

Isn't that the story where Luke and Leia develop a romantic relationship (being released before ESB)?

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options