Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars: Episode Thread - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: Episode Thread  "Because theres too many awesome things happening for a thread each"

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSledgehammer, on 10 October 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

Don't know why, but I'm getting this vibe from that poster:

The "PC" part, or the layout & color scheme?

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

View PostForge, on 10 October 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

The "PC" part, or the layout & color scheme?

The answer to this question would spoil this post. :P

User is online   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostZaxtor, on 10 October 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

Can't wait for this movie.
Technically the last film Carrie Fisher will be in (She passed away few month after the film RIP).

Any word on if they’re going to bring her back in some form with CGI later on? Not that I’ve heard anything, but If they go that route it could set an enormous precedent for this kind of thing in the future.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 12 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

View PostMicky C, on 12 October 2017 - 05:02 AM, said:

Any word on if they’re going to bring her back in some form with CGI later on? Not that I’ve heard anything, but If they go that route it could set an enormous precedent for this kind of thing in the future.

They've explicitly stated they are not going to CGI her and I'm pretty sure they also said they won't be using a stand-in actress or lookalike. That really limits their options somewhat.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
new! It's Green (Duke3D BETA Track!) in FLAC, OGG, & MP3 with metadata loop tags
Duke3D, Doom, Descent, Hocus Pocus, and more...
Legacy of Grabbag Metal Medley

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is online   Fantinaikos 

More like Supreme Leader Sloth in golden tweed coat.

User is online   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 12 October 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

They've explicitly stated they are not going to CGI her and I'm pretty sure they also said they won't be using a stand-in actress or lookalike. That really limits their options somewhat.

Yeah that makes things tricky.

I wonder if Snoke is the Sith Lord that Palpatine told Anakin about, the one who found a way to beat death. The story goes he was killed off long ago, but who knows.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

Darth Plagueis, Palpatine's old master. There's been a theory for a while that he is, but they've said that Snoke is someone we haven't net yet.....which still COULD be plaugeis the way it's worded. But Plaugeis was a Muun alien. Unless they're changing that....

Personally, though I love the theory, I doubt it.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
new! It's Green (Duke3D BETA Track!) in FLAC, OGG, & MP3 with metadata loop tags

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 October 2017 - 06:14 AM

Another little teaser with a couple new scenes and dialogue.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 01 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

User is offline   The Albino Ape 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 14 October 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

Darth Plagueis, Palpatine's old master. There's been a theory for a while that he is, but they've said that Snoke is someone we haven't net yet.....which still COULD be plaugeis the way it's worded. But Plaugeis was a Muun alien. Unless they're changing that....

Personally, though I love the theory, I doubt it.

As far as his race goes, that was thrown out the window when Disney deemed EU non-canon.

He could be anything at this point.

User is online   Fantinaikos 

Since Disney approved a movie that turned ALL the Dark Forces books and game trilogy into an enormous pile of alternative universe fanfictions (that we supposed to still considered as official content), that is not surprising. We could even expect a whole reboot of the Star Wars universe as it happened for Star Trek now.

Oh wait, there always JJ behind the camera to do so for our happiness, so it's possible that Disney will think about it.

"Disney this", "Disney that." Lucasfilm is still making all the decisions. Disney just owns Lucasfilm now. Disney isn't the one changing everything. I keep hearing this and it's bugging me.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

Isn't it some cunt who did all of this crap and who of course is in charge of Lucasfilm? Don't remember her name, she even promised Lucas that nothing bad will happen to his legacy or something like that.

And I'd say Disney has responsibilities as well in this case: they're the one who allowed this bullshit to happen in the first place, just like when gave exclusive SW game rights to one of the most disgusting companies in the entire gaming industry. If they owned nothing and had no power then blaming them would be pointless.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 04 November 2017 - 07:27 AM

Lucasfilm still operates autonomously is my point. Every decision made has been made by Lucasfilm, not Disney.

Her name is Kathleen Kennedy. Lucas gave her scripts for movies for episodes 7-9 to make after he left. She ignored them. Honestly, I'm sort of glad. I like these episodes and I couldn't stand anything more by Lucas himself.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options