• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half-Life corner

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostLazy Dog, on 26 June 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

Does Crowbar Collective has access to Source source code?, i'm not talking about the sdk, i'm talking about the actual source code used to compile the game executable.

I believe they do. Once they went commercial they got access to much deeper levels of the Source tools, something they confirmed.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostNinety-Six, on 26 June 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

I believe they do. Once they went commercial they got access to much deeper levels of the Source tools, something they confirmed.

That's also a weird little situation where yep, they got access to Source... it's just that they didn't really do much with it. They added a few features but when it comes to the quality of the rendering and the renderer itself it's still the same old DirectX 9 shit. In fact's BM's image quality is even a bit worse than what you can get out of the original HL2 since the features they implemented broke MSAA so now if you want AA you're stuck with FXAA. When you add stuff like the performance issues and whatnot on top of that what you're getting is sadly a really bad and outdated engine at this point.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 27 June 2019 - 04:17 AM

User is offline   Loke 

Damn, that's a lot of crossover.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 12 August 2019 - 04:25 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I wanna play it!

(I love Tangerine Dream too)

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

https://twitter.com/...566870360387584

Posted Image

What about the game? I'ts gonna be any good?

"Yeah, but after 12 fucking years it should be."

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 19 November 2019 - 01:48 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

VR - bleh. I hope it isn't a tech demo or a cash in.

Posted Image

https://store.steamp.../HalfLife_Alyx/

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 21 November 2019 - 10:36 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

GMan is looking good.

Tony Todd as Vortigaunt!

Is Alyx the same voice from HL2? It sounds different and younger....Eli is obviously different because the original VA died.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Alyx has a new voice actor too:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4846460/

• The Sarien Encounter

Aww. I guess it depends on just how long before HL2 this takes place in. I wonder if we'll see a smaller D0G and have you building parts on him.

Voice actor for Barney and Gman is back too apparently.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 21 November 2019 - 05:38 PM

I like how the y in Alyx is an upside-down Lambda.

View PostLazy Dog, on 19 November 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

What about the game? I'ts gonna be any good?

"Yeah, but after 12 fucking years it should be."

Posted Image

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I think I'll give this one a hard pass. Won't buy expensive VR gear for just one game.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 21 November 2019 - 11:13 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

As for me, I'm going to start saving. I'm not going to get it day one. Not even year one. But I will get it.

View PostNinety-Six, on 21 November 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

:lol:

• The Truth is in here

According to Geoff Keighley, Alyx takes about 15 hours to complete, so it's not like a HL2 DLC at least. Still, I wonder why I should spend 500+ bucks on VR gear when it's just for one game and after that it's rotting in a dark corner.

• The Sarien Encounter

Because they're shipping the developer tools with it (as usual) and there will likely be tons of community content. Not to mention this is Valve's attempt to kickstart VR. If it works there will be much more than just HLA. It'll only work if people get it though. So you're a self-fulfilling prophecy by stepping back.

Not that I blame you of course. I'm definitely waiting. Just answering your question.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 22 November 2019 - 09:02 AM

User is offline   Kerr Avon 

View PostNinety-Six, on 21 November 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

That never occurred to me! Well spotted.

VR too expensive over here, also i would have to give my pc a serious upgrade. Even if i had that money, there's ton of other stuff i'd rather use it for.

So, Half-Life Alyx - Full Game Walkthrough - No Commentary it is.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 22 November 2019 - 12:46 PM

• The Truth is in here

There's the option to rent a VR set for a month, play the game and then return the gear. If I play Alyx, then only like that.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

There are some other promising VR titles coming soon.

Quick question. I'm trying to track down a mod that at least used to be highly recommended, but I forgot what the name of it was. I had it written down somewhere but the file's gone. All I remember about it is that it was set shortly before the events of HL2, and you played as a citizen or Resistance soldier or something like that. Or at least that's what the blurb said. I haven't played it yet and now that I feel that it's time I can't remember what it was called.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 19 December 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostNinety-Six, on 19 December 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Quick question. I'm trying to track down a mod that at least used to be highly recommended, but I forgot what the name of it was. I had it written down somewhere but the file's gone. All I remember about it is that it was set shortly before the events of HL2, and you played as a citizen or Resistance soldier or something like that. Or at least that's what the blurb said. I haven't played it yet and now that I feel that it's time I can't remember what it was called.

Could it be The Citizen?, but is set parallel to hl2, not before.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 19 December 2019 - 02:58 PM

View PostLazy Dog, on 19 December 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

Could it be The Citizen?, but is set parallel to hl2, not before.

It's not that one. I've played that one a fair number of times. This one explicitly said it was before Gordon arrived in City 17.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostNinety-Six, on 19 December 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Precursor? 1187? There are quite a few mods like that.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

This seems like a must have mod alright:

View PostZaxx, on 11 January 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

Precursor? 1187? There are quite a few mods like that.

I think it was Precursor. Having not played it and forgetting the name, its premise was the only thing I had to go on.

Thank you.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I know that this is just some goofing around Michael Shapiro did as a surprise but hearing the G-Man again just makes me so happy. It's also a good sign to see Valve opening up a bit in communication, you get the sense that yeah, the band is back together and things will just move forward from now on instead of the "we don't make games anymore" bullshit. I won't play Alyx for a long time I guess because in its current state I really don't care about VR but it really looks like that Half-Life 3 can happen now finally.

To me there are kinda two "holy FPS franchises": Doom and Half-Life. Those games never let me down, no matter which one I played I always had fun (yes, even with Doom 3) and they always gave me a new experience in some shape or form so it would be just lovely to swing that crowbar again too after the super shotgun.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 15 January 2020 - 03:36 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

This looks really good:

Share this topic:

• 29 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options