Duke4.net Forums: Half-Life corner - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half-Life corner

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Lazy Dog, on 26 June 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

Does Crowbar Collective has access to Source source code?, i'm not talking about the sdk, i'm talking about the actual source code used to compile the game executable.

I believe they do. Once they went commercial they got access to much deeper levels of the Source tools, something they confirmed.

User is offline   Zaxx 

Ninety-Six, on 26 June 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

I believe they do. Once they went commercial they got access to much deeper levels of the Source tools, something they confirmed.

That's also a weird little situation where yep, they got access to Source... it's just that they didn't really do much with it. They added a few features but when it comes to the quality of the rendering and the renderer itself it's still the same old DirectX 9 shit. In fact's BM's image quality is even a bit worse than what you can get out of the original HL2 since the features they implemented broke MSAA so now if you want AA you're stuck with FXAA. When you add stuff like the performance issues and whatnot on top of that what you're getting is sadly a really bad and outdated engine at this point.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 27 June 2019 - 04:17 AM

User is offline   Loke 

User is offline   Lazy Dog 

Damn, that's a lot of crossover.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 12 August 2019 - 04:25 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• Buy Mage's Initiation!

I wanna play it!

(I love Tangerine Dream too)

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options