Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3d Enemy and Character Sprite Variants - Duke4.net Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3d Enemy and Character Sprite Variants  "Sprite variants I drew for fun"

This one took some time to do. I avoided the crouching fire because it didn't seem to make sense to me.
Attached Image: picop1.png

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 09 January 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

This one took some time to do. I avoided the crouching fire because it didn't seem to make sense to me.
Attachment picop1.png

I don't suppose you could over time do a "Western" version of all the DN3D aliens could you?

Cause it could possibly allow me to revisit one of my old plot lines for another animated series.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 09 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

User is offline   jet_nick 

View PostxMobilemux, on 09 January 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

I don't suppose you could over time do a "Western" version of all the DN3D aliens could you?

Cause it could possibly allow me to revisit one of my old plot lines for another animated series.

Can you recreate this pigcop seen in old concept?

http://images4.wikia...CopConcept4.jpg

Oh-oh-oh... :dukecigar:

View Postjet_nick, on 11 January 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

Can you recreate this pigcop seen in old concept?

http://images4.wikia...CopConcept4.jpg

Hah... I'm actually in the process of creating it right now. Fantinaikos requested it from me. It's going to be a boss character. It requires a lot of work but I think it will be real good once it's done.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 11 January 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Hah... I'm actually in the process of creating it right now. Fantinaikos requested it from me. It's going to be a boss character. It requires a lot of work but I think it will be real good once it's done.

you could use the battlelord as a base

A scaled Pigcop to work on is better, trust me.

Very nice! Now if we only had a shotgun to match the one the Riot Pig Cop would drop.....

Also, that Octabrain with action figure coloring is just brilliant---I'm guessing the original palette was too "bland" for the toy designers.

View PostMajor Tom, on 12 January 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Very nice! Now if we only had a shotgun to match the one the Riot Pig Cop would drop.....

Just recolor the tommy gun from Blood.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 12 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

recreate new enemies from old concept is a good think, many concepts
is a pity that they are not used in the final game, anyway this alien female concept is fantastic,
the firefly trooper could be used as a base.

http://www.chuckejon...duke_alienx.jpg

This post has been edited by jet_nick: 12 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

I'm getting close to done with the pig cop boss. I'm really liking how he's turning out. Here's a teaser:
Attached Image: pigcopbosswip2.png

And here are 2 unique enemies I made:

Octababy.
I used the DNF model. This one would float like the normal octabrain. Projectiles I leave up to the user.
Attached Image: octabab.png

Pig Cop Swat Car.
This would be similar to the Pig Tank. When it explodes, it would yield 2-3 pigcops.
Attached Image: pigcopswatcar.png

User is offline   neznam 

Cool. Can you release a full sheet for the hammerhead shark?

User is offline   Jblade 

The LARD car is fucking awesome, only thing I could suggest is maybe frames for the Pig firing in other directions, like to the sides?

I'm definitely thinking of adding some of these to Nuclear Showdown like the weapon frames, they would fit in amazingly :dukecigar:

This post has been edited by Jblade: 13 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

The more you post, the more I wanna get back to my animations, keep em coming they're awesome!

I can't help but hear "King Duke" from Duke Nukem II when I look at these sprite sheets---they are BOSS. :dukecigar:

View PostJblade, on 13 January 2018 - 12:41 AM, said:

The LARD car is fucking awesome, only thing I could suggest is maybe frames for the Pig firing in other directions, like to the sides?

I'm definitely thinking of adding some of these to Nuclear Showdown like the weapon frames, they would fit in amazingly :dukecigar:

I think I can do that for you. I kept it simple originally because I was copying the pig cop tank which shot in one direction.

View PostxMobilemux, on 13 January 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

The more you post, the more I wanna get back to my animations, keep em coming they're awesome!

That would be awesome. In terms of western clothing, that would probably be more difficult since it involves full clothes.

User is offline   darkcaleb 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 12 January 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

I'm getting close to done with the pig cop boss. I'm really liking how he's turning out. Here's a teaser:
Attachment pigcopbosswip2.png

Wow amazing stuff you got here man :) Always thought that duke needed more Pig cop variations. Can't wait for it to see it ingame. Would be cool to see a new version of nuclear showdown by James.. :dukecigar:

And here are 2 unique enemies I made:

Octababy.
I used the DNF model. This one would float like the normal octabrain. Projectiles I leave up to the user.
Attachment octabab.png

Pig Cop Swat Car.
This would be similar to the Pig Tank. When it explodes, it would yield 2-3 pigcops.
Attachment pigcopswatcar.png

Personally I think that recoloration with some cute edits are suitable for the Nuclear Showdown spirit, elaborated sprites like the LARD hammer and the upcoming Bad Pigcop, that having been idealized by the DN3D creators is more closer to an official resource, fits mostly projects like the AMC TC. However nothing forbids to put them in both.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 13 January 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

That would be awesome. In terms of western clothing, that would probably be more difficult since it involves full clothes.

I suppose I could pull it off with just the Pig Cops being the one with the western, maybe the troopers & enforcers could just have a cowboy hat like how they just had a Christmas hat and antlers in the Nuclear Winter expansion.

I've still got a lot of modifications to make if I wanna get back to that plot line.

But if you want another idea for a variant, how about the Cyber Enforcer?
Posted Image

Hmmm. That Cyborg Enforcer looks pretty cool. I actually have 2 Enforcer variants almost done (nothing too special besides a different arm weapon and helmet). Looking at other images of that figure, it looks almost like a boss. I may try that after finishing up the Bad Pigcop boss.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 12 January 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

Attachment pigcopbosswip2.png

May I ask how many individual animations this guy is gonna get? Like is he just gonna get a standard "fire gun" animation or will he get some melee and taunting sprites in there?

I'd like him to be a major character & boss in my new story.

cyber enforcer was a good design, is a pity not having seen it in subsequent games, anyway only I see in DN ZERO HOUR a worthy sequel for DN3D?

This post has been edited by jet_nick: 13 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

View PostxMobilemux, on 13 January 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

May I ask how many individual animations this guy is gonna get? Like is he just gonna get a standard "fire gun" animation or will he get some melee and taunting sprites in there?

I'd like him to be a major character & boss in my new story.

So far it's pretty standard. Walking, Firing, melee attack, death. I was thinking of maybe a taunt like a roar.

An indirect mini-earthquake stomp attack?

Updated Pigcop Swat car:
Attached Image: pigcopswatcar1.1.png

And a Liztrooper variant with a mask and new gun. It didn't turn out as well as I liked:
Attached Image: liztrooper4mask.png

User is offline   Jblade 

awesome stuff, thanks a lot for making the extended swat car sprites :dukecigar:

Behold, the Bad Pigcop Boss!!!!

Attached Image: pigcopboss.png

Special thanks to Fantinaikos for suggestions. Look for his variant in the future.

Next, I'm working on a Cyber Enforcer boss and Enforcer variants.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 15 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

Seriously, if someone can code these for me, please do it. Atomic Crisis would benefit from it.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 15 January 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Behold, the Bad Pigcop Boss!!!!

Attachment pigcopboss.png

Special thanks to Fantinaikos for suggestions. Look for his variant in the future.

Next, I'm working on a Cyber Enforcer boss and Enforcer variants.

Looks great!

Would you be able to add in *from the side* animations of his melee and roar animations, that way I can use him in my new animation the way I intend?

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options