Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3d Enemy and Character Sprite Variants - Duke4.net Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3d Enemy and Character Sprite Variants  "Sprite variants I drew for fun"

After discovering Doom mod Project Brutality, I loved how the game had variations of different enemies and made the game much more fun to play among its many features.

So for fun, I drew up my own variants of Duke Nukem 3d enemies. I hope one day there can be an awesome mod like Brutal Doom/Project Brutality for Duke 3d.

Attached Image: dukevar1.png
This is the only angle. Feel Free to use them. Just credit me. Also, I'm working on babe variants too!

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 14 July 2016 - 03:06 PM

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Very nice, I like this idea. Different amounts of health and weapons too? Can you do the rotations for your variations? Playing the game with that would definitely make replays a lot more interesting. Babe variation sounds interesting as well.

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Another idea I had was rescuing babes like in Manhattan Project. Killing them never made much sense to me.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

These are amazing, I really dig the DNF Battlelord one.

Please make full sprites of these and I'll even add them in my future sprite based videos!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Very nice sprite work!

User is offline   Jolteon 

These sprites are really cool!

User is offline   stumppy84 

Yeah! They look awesome!! Good job

User is offline   FistMarine 

I really like these sprites! Can't wait to see them used in future projects.

User is offline   juvenite 

These are simply amazing! I love when people mod stuff, create variants and etc. I can't explain why but I just love to see or create different versions of something. Anyway, good job.

This post has been edited by Katrix Kytarix: 15 July 2016 - 03:06 AM

Thanks for all the comments. I'm currently concentrating on my adult flash game, but time to time I'll make more variations. If people are serious about using the variants in their mods, I might make full sets in the future.

And here's my first pass on the babe variations.
Attached Image: dukevar2.png

I've already used a few of your older versions of babes in Part 2 of my Typical Day video so having even more variations of the Aliens and babes would give me way more ideas for future videos.

I'd also love to see more Duke mods use these variations as well.

xMobilemux, on 16 July 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

I've already used a few of your older versions of babes in Part 2 of my Typical Day video so having even more variations of the Aliens and babes would give me way more ideas for future videos.

I'd also love to see more Duke mods use these variations as well.

Awesome. Let me know when you're done.

User is offline   jet_nick 

there is a variant that i was working, it is WIP

Posted Image

User is offline   juvenite 

Pig 007

jet_nick, on 19 July 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Looking good!

Also would you happen to have a backup of all the stuff you posted in the Community Stockpile? A good deal of the stuff you posted isn't showing up.

User is offline   jet_nick 

yes i know :P
i need to looking for on my old PC

sebabdukeboss20, on 17 July 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

Awesome. Let me know when you're done.

It's done!
https://forums.duke4...post__p__254926

User is offline   MetHy 

I like some of what you did, especially the baby Octobrains, but you'll need to edit every frame if you want people to use them :P

jet_nick, on 19 July 2016 - 12:26 PM, said:

These would fit right into Duke It Out In DC's FBI office!

Here are some more babe variant's I've done recently using actual pics. They'll probably show up in Abduction 4.1 too. Use if you would like to, but please credit me.

NSFW!

Spoiler

sebabdukeboss20, on 14 July 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

If you make a complete version of those, you would do a great service. We will certainly find an application, furthermore they can serve as a basis to create new ones.

One in particular it's what I need for this purpose.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 03 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

Fantinaikos, on 03 January 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

If you make a complete version of those, you would do a great service. We will certainly find an application, furthermore they can serve as a basis to create new ones.

One in particular it's what I need for this purpose.

I'll see what I can do in my spare time. I'll start with the easier ones first.

If it's all right with you, I'll be using the babes in Atomic Crisis, they're fantastic!

Never Forgotten, on 03 January 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

If it's all right with you, I'll be using the babes in Atomic Crisis, they're fantastic!

Sure! Let me see the finish product when it's done.

sebabdukeboss20, on 04 January 2018 - 07:22 AM, said:

Sure! Let me see the finish product when it's done.

It will be a while, but I will definitely share it with you.

Here's a slimer and Octabrain. I enjoyed making the slimer scarier looking. The octabrain is recolored to resemble the Duke 3d action figure version. I'm working on some Liz Trooper variants.

Attached Image: slimer1.png
Attached Image: octabrain1.png

You should post all of your completed works also on the resources stockpile, where people can actually find them. Usually the other sections are not the first place where someone search.
https://forums.duke4...nity-stockpile/

Fantinaikos, on 05 January 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

You should post all of your completed works also on the resources stockpile, where people can actually find them. Usually the other sections are not the first place where someone search.
https://forums.duke4...nity-stockpile/

Thanks will do! Some more variants:

Attached Image: liztrooper1cyborg.png
Attached Image: liztrooper2visor.png
Attached Image: liztrooper3spike.png
Attached Image: octabrain2.png

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Hey this stuff looks promising! You know there was always a thought about more varations of pig cops. Can't wait to see more if there is ofcourse?

darkcaleb, on 05 January 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Hey this stuff looks promising! You know there was always a thought about more varations of pig cops. Can't wait to see more if there is ofcourse?

I was just working on some. Here are two:

This one is a melee attacker and should have faster speed and maybe more HP. I also made him a little more red to show some rage.
Attached Image: picop2.png
Armed with a AA12 drum magazine.
Attached Image: picop3.png

sebabdukeboss20, on 06 January 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

I was just working on some. Here are two:

This one is a melee attacker and should have faster speed and maybe more HP. I also made him a little more red to show some rage.
picop2.png
Armed with a AA12 drum magazine.
picop3.png

If I could get someone to code these into the game, these would be amazing additions to Atomic Crisis. It'd be nice to bring some new enemies, and not just Duke 3D's, or re-skinned enemies.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options