Duke4.net Forums: Polymer lives again - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Polymer lives again

User is offline   Kyanos 

View Posticecoldduke, on 29 May 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

I haven't tried WGR at all yet. If you point me to all the assets you want me to use, I can try to do it tomorrow.

http://www.moddb.com/games/wgrealms-2

WGR2 has a few issues with Polymer (now and when it was created)

1)large open detailed areas with low framerate (should be fixed with the new occlusion code you did)
2)the level geometry showing through parallaxed skies (pics in spoiler)
Spoiler

3)the showview command for some effects doesn't work (pics in spoiler)
Spoiler

User is offline   Mark 

I'm salivating waiting for showview in Polymer.

( I've lost a lot of spit ) :)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 29 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

The entire pack is reuploaded.

http://www.filedropp.../wgrealms2hrp10

It is the same version of the last time with the same folder structure, if you want you can give a boost correcting the wgr2.def errors and adapt with the assets from the addon compilation.

The WGR 2 on moddb isn't an outdated one? with the latest eduke32.exe could cause various errors if not crashes.

User is offline   Kyanos 

ah yes the shotgun zoom, but it's not worth grabbing that whole add-on pack just for the patched CON

https://forums.duke4...&attach_id=9875

This post has been edited by Drek: 29 May 2016 - 10:45 AM

User is offline   Mark 

I'm downloading right now. I'll check it out later today. Thanks.

User is offline   Mark 

I gave a quick look at the textures so far. It looks like there are at least 30-35 textures that I recognize are in my map. I will probably add those instead of the whole pack. My project is a modified version of the WGR2 project so I don't need to include everything. I'll check out the models next.

I noticed a few of those textures were ones I made for another game. I'm glad to see them getting more use here. :)

I'll plug some of them in my game later today or tomorrow and post some screenshots or comments.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 29 May 2016 - 11:12 AM

View PostMark., on 29 May 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

I gave a quick look at the textures so far. It looks like there are at least 30-35 textures that I recognize are in my map. I will probably add those instead of the whole pack. My project is a modified version of the WGR2 project so I don't need to include everything. I'll check out the models next.

The whole pack it is intended to be universal for any WRG2 addon, even the vanilla WGR1 uses it, in this way you just have to use a different .def that ignores/includes some texture and models instead to have to physically move material and create a custom version of the pack for any addon.

I can even provide a mini-update based on Drek/William Gee contents, virtually an alpha of 1.1.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostFantinaikos, on 29 May 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

I can even provide a mini-update based on Drek/William Gee contents, virtually an alpha of 1.1.

He's got access to all that from the svn and private subforum, I'm sure he already grabbed anything he thought was useful.

User is offline   Mark 

Yeah. I did some re-organizing and customizing for my project so the easiest thing for me to do is just def in the assets I'm going to use. It also keeps my project file size smaller.

Thanks for the offer.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 29 May 2016 - 12:04 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Any progress?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

This change is almost certainly the cause of your problem.

I know what TX intended here but there must be something about tspr->extra that he overlooked.

• Polymancer

Can it be easily fixed?

- any chance of fixing the transparency bug while you are there?

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 04 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

• Weaponized Autism

I believe I've fixed the problem. However, it seems like the normal/specular maps are getting corrupted much like glowmaps are. On to that bug.

• Polymancer

Thank you for looking into it.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostHendricks266, on 04 June 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

I believe I've fixed the problem. However, it seems like the normal/specular maps are getting corrupted much like glowmaps are. On to that bug.

If you can fix those corruption problems it will be a huge help on various projects.

User is offline   Mark 

I second that. I'm helping with a project that we hope will release in 1-2 months that is very heavily relying on models and all the texture maps available. It would be great to be able to use an up to date version again.

• Weaponized Autism

I've bisected the glowmap problem to r5642. Can anyone confirm this?

User is offline   Kyanos 

confirmed here (between 5628 5643)

• Weaponized Autism

glow/detail/normal/specular maps absent in Polymer
broken in r5400 (terminx), fixed in r5769

glow/detail/normal/specular map corruption in Polymost and Polymer
broken in r5642 (hendricks266), fixed in r5770

disappearing chaingun in Polymer
broken in r5658 (terminx), fixed in r5771

Please confirm.

I'm going to keep tracking down bugs and performance regressions so everyone can start using the latest builds of both game and editor.

Was there anyone who had trouble registering an account on the bug tracker? It's easier for me to keep track of things there than in threads.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostHendricks266, on 04 June 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

Was there anyone who had trouble registering an account on the bug tracker? It's easier for me to keep track of things there than in threads.

Yea, I tried to sign up a while ago but never got an e-mail or a way to activate my account.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 04 June 2016 - 09:10 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

glow/detail/normal/specular maps absent in Polymer
broken in r5400 (terminx), fixed in r5769

glow/detail/normal/specular map corruption in Polymost and Polymer
broken in r5642 (hendricks266), fixed in r5770

disappearing chaingun in Polymer
broken in r5658 (terminx), fixed in r5771

Please confirm.

I'm going to keep tracking down bugs and performance regressions so everyone can start using the latest builds of both game and editor.

This is great news. It will make it a lot easier to wait for PolymerNG. Because for me at least, performance is not the biggest issue with Polymer, the biggest issue has been bugs.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostPaul B, on 04 June 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

Yea, I tried to sign up a while ago but never got an e-mail or a way to activate my account.

Long shot - did you set 'preferred notification' to Email ? I just signed up and stumbled over this myself. Posted Image

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostHank, on 04 June 2016 - 09:12 PM, said:

Long shot - did you set 'preferred notification' to Email ? I just signed up and stumbled over this myself. Posted Image

Honestly, I don't remember but I just signed up again and I ensured E-mail was set for notifications. I have a hotmail account and the e-mail with the activation code doesn't seem to come to my inbox or my junk folder.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPaul B, on 04 June 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

I have a hotmail account

Announcement: Hotmail/Outlook accounts do not receive email from our forums

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostHendricks266, on 04 June 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

Well, I guess that explains it. What is the e-mail domain that the e-mail comes from i'll see if i can white list it under my account

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostPaul B, on 04 June 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

Well, I guess that explains it. What is the e-mail domain that the e-mail comes from i'll see if i can white list it under my account

Funnily enough, prior to that announcement my Hotmail account was fine receiving emails from Duke4 but I haven't received one since, even for PMs.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostLunick, on 04 June 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

Funnily enough, prior to that announcement my Hotmail account was fine receiving emails from Duke4 but I haven't received one since, even for PMs.

Yeah, I figure Duke4.net must have forgot to create a PTR record for their mail server in the DNS server zone file.

Their mail server is using the wrong SMTP Banner as it doesn't match their PTR record. This should be a relatively quick fix. Once the change is made restart the SMTP server service for changes to take effect.
(THIS WAS FIXED)

They should also be adding a TXT record for SPF in the DNS as well.

Here is what the SPF record should look like: Host Value: @ IN TXT "v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all"

You can make your TTL like 500 so it updates sooner. However some DNS Servers prevent lowering this value too low. This SPF change is done not on the E-mail server side, it is done in the Name Server DNS for Duke4.net. In your case: afraid.org

*** UPDATED ***
Okay here is another problem. This could be very well why e-mail's are not being accepted at Microsoft. Duke4.net is blacklisted by BARRACUDA. As shown here: http://www.barracuda...195.154.251.129
Follow this link to delist yourself. http://barracudacent...emoval-request.
I've taken it upon myself to request that your e-mail server be delisted but since i'm not in control of the domain I have my doubts they will take me seriously.

Once these steps are taken there should not be a problem sending to Microsoft Servers at all.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 04 June 2016 - 11:34 PM

• Polymancer

Wow, that's amazing, thank you!

Normal, glow and specular are working on all but one of our models that have custom tile numbers. As it's one model only, I'm thinking it's going to be something with the model. I'll have to investigate further. Even coloured specular is working now.

There is a new bug that has appeared with transparency. I've got to ask Mark how he's built the item in question before we can make a proper report on what's going on.

With gloss maps, I've not tested them as they were only working on the HUD pistol and they didn't look as expected even then, so we disabled them on everything else. I'll have to re-set some up and test them.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 05 June 2016 - 03:44 AM

User is offline   Mark 

IIRC TeaMonster also had trouble signing up in Bugtracker.

Thanks for the fixes. I have to go and check them out shortly.

EDIT: So far I see nothing broke with models and texture maps. Framerate stayed the same as older version i was using. I'm a happy camper.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 05 June 2016 - 05:28 AM

• Polymancer

I never got a confirmation back. I was using a yahoo address.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options