Duke4.net Forums: Polymost makes flat sprites act weird (pics) - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Polymost makes flat sprites act weird (pics)

In Polymer it seems to happen with hi-res textures. In Polymost, with standard ones, mostly see-through textures and textures that hide secrets.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I would like to look at this issue but there have been what feels like dozens of changes to the codebase regarding them and each one has only shuffled around what circumstances cause it (and sometimes regress performance), going by the persistence of bug reports.

• Weaponized Autism

Could all involved please re-test these bugs with r5916? Anything still not rendering correctly? Any performance regressions related to it?

I believe the "triangular sections of maskwalls disappear" is a distinct bug from "wall-ornamented sprites have a Venetian blind effect with the wall behind them", also known as z-fighting.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Finally I got my hands on PC. I'm using x64 build (it's 5899, but still) and looks like I was wrong, polymost and polymer there works fine (although there is another problem with polymer I didn't notice before, it also blinks of course):

Posted Image

I'll check newest build anyway.

Update: yeah, still happens.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 27 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Are you talking about the fact that the water is rendered and the hydrant isn't?

That's a depth fighting issue.

• Weaponized Autism

We haven't touched Polymer here.

User is offline   pacman 

I just downloaded the latest version, and its still doing the same, so I will stick to 64 bit.

Fixed in the latest build.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options