Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Duke Forces -- THE Star Wars mod for EDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Duke Forces -- THE Star Wars mod for EDuke32

User is offline   Jamesfff 

Looks good so far!

This post has been edited by Jamesfff: 06 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostLoke, on 06 May 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

While recording I also noticed that those rolling destroyer droids got squished by the train as well leaving their shield generator still up -- you can see it near the end.

That was useful and I was able to fix both bugs, thanks. As I said, I will upload a bugfix update before the end of the month.

User is offline   stumppy84 

PCGamer just wrote an article on this mod!
http://www.pcgamer.c...-duke-nukem-3d/

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Poststumppy84, on 07 May 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

PCGamer just wrote an article on this mod!
http://www.pcgamer.c...-duke-nukem-3d/

Thanks for the heads-up on that! I'm hoping for this project to get enough attention to motivate mappers to build levels for the story mode. But I don't want it to get too much attention, if you know what I mean.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

This is from the Mod DB page just now

kakisgr 16mins 52secs ago

This should be in Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Steam Workshop!!

Thanks for your support. Duke Forces is powered by EDuke32 -- an extremely versatile, enhanced port of Duke Nukem 3D. Without EDuke32, neither Duke Forces nor any of my other mods (and countless other great mods by other authors) would exist. If you would like to support EDuke32 and its main developer, Richard Gobeille, check out the Eduke32 website and consider making a donation to support its continued development. The Megaton Edition uses some of Gobeille's code, by the way, which is why he received some royalties from it, until Gearbox shut that down over a dispute about a future EDuke32 project.

I hope I got my facts right.

User is offline   MetHy 

Pretty sure the Megaton case and the HTTK case are different. I think they shut down Megaton because well, they want to put their own port instead, and because the money from Megaton sales would still go to Devolver. I also think they're demanding money from the last couple of months of Megaton sales, since they got the rights basically.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMetHy, on 08 May 2016 - 12:31 AM, said:

Pretty sure the Megaton case and the HTTK case are different. I think they shut down Megaton because well, they want to put their own port instead, and because the money from Megaton sales would still go to Devolver. I also think they're demanding money from the last couple of months of Megaton sales, since they got the rights basically.

Good point. I will edit my reply accordingly.

Fun stuff! Kudos on all the work you put into this! Fun blasting all those Star Wars bad guys. The "get a kill to revive" mechanic is fun too. The texture replacement stuff is very interesting to think of how much effort it must've taken to make that work, very very cool.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 08 May 2016 - 01:22 AM, said:

Fun stuff! Kudos on all the work you put into this! Fun blasting all those Star Wars bad guys. The "get a kill to revive" mechanic is fun too. The texture replacement stuff is very interesting to think of how much effort it must've taken to make that work, very very cool.

Well honestly if it wasn't Star Wars then no one would give a shit.

User is offline   Lunick 

The sad thing about the article is no link to buy Duke Nukem 3D :angry:

View PostTrooper Dan, on 08 May 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

Well honestly if it wasn't Star Wars then no one would give a shit.

Also, I gotta say I loved seeing Max Rebo in Red Light District. Everybody especially gives a shit about that kooky blue elephant musician. :angry:

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 08 May 2016 - 01:33 AM, said:

Also, I gotta say I loved seeing Max Rebo in Red Light District. Everybody especially gives a shit about that kooky blue elephant musician. :angry:

A bit of trivia: The Max Rebo sprite is in fact the music effector sprite -- it becomes visible and displays his pic when set to play BAR_MUSIC.

One of my goals is to get Porkins into the game somehow. If there was a sprite set for him I would totally use it.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostLunick, on 08 May 2016 - 01:25 AM, said:

The sad thing about the article is no link to buy Duke Nukem 3D :angry:

Because none exist anymore.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostTrooper Dan, on 08 May 2016 - 01:47 AM, said:

One of my goals is to get Porkins into the game somehow. If there was a sprite set for him I would totally use it.

the bossk sprite is basically wearing a xwing pilot uniform

Posted Image

convince one of those art guys to put in some black boots, a white helmeted human head, replace the gun with a doughnut, give it a beard, and make it fat.

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 May 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostForge, on 08 May 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

the bossk sprite is basically wearing a xwing pilot uniform

Posted Image

convince one of those art guys to put in some black boots, a white helmeted human head, replace the gun with a doughnut, give it a beard, and make it fat.

Guys at DF-21.net did it already for standard x-wing pilot https://web.archive....wax/rbwaxv3.zip

Anyway among all the stuff I've sent to TD there should be, it makes more sense to work on that. Just a lens filter and it will look more fat.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 08 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

BTW There been changes in Imperial Troopers random spawn rate? I do not know if it happens only to me but I swear that I've encountered 6-8-10 in a row without interval for almost entire levels during all the episodes even at Nerf Erder. Should be slightly less frequent after all they are a relatively small elite unit with a group of selected members, only Royal Guard Champions and Shadow Guards (that can be considered the dark jedi spawn) are more exclusive.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 08 May 2016 - 08:24 AM

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 06:03 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFantinaikos, on 08 May 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

BTW There been changes in Imperial Troopers random spawn rate? I do not know if it happens only to me but I swear that I've encountered 6-8-10 in a row without interval for almost entire levels during all the episodes even at Nerf Erder. Should be slightly less frequent after all they are a relatively small elite unit with a group of selected members, only Royal Guard Champions and Shadow Guards (that can be considered the dark jedi spawn) are more exclusive.

RNG.

I really hope that's it, because in the code they only have a small chance of appearing.

View PostFantinaikos, on 08 May 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

Anyway among all the stuff I've sent to TD there should be, it makes more sense to work on that. Just a lens filter and it will look more fat.

Yeah that should work. For story mode, maybe he could be standing somewhere holding a burger, and when you press the spacebar on him he says "Red 6 standing by!" and takes a bite out of it. EDIT: Damn that is really mean to a guy who died in combat fighting the empire :angry:

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 08 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

Also underrated character. Objectively It is even possible have it as a temporary companion that carry a more powerful weapon than a common gun if we edit all the pilot sprites, although it sounds funny/strange.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 08 May 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah, that's a classic -- I was actually thinking of that gif when I posted earlier.

User is offline   stumppy84 

I finally got around to playing it! Really fun mod!! Good job!

i'm kinda curious but. do the difficulty settings matter at all? cause i played episode 1 on piece of cake, and when i got on Hollywood. it was like on come get some due to the amount of enemies on there

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

What sort of thing were you thinking of for porkins?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTea Monster, on 10 May 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

What sort of thing were you thinking of for porkins?

View PostTrooper Dan, on 08 May 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

For story mode, maybe he could be standing somewhere holding a burger, and when you press the spacebar on him he says "Red 6 standing by!" and takes a bite out of it.

^^ Just that or something similar. As Fantinaikos pointed out, editing a few x-wing pilot sprites would be the way to go.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMr. Nukem Roses, on 10 May 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

i'm kinda curious but. do the difficulty settings matter at all? cause i played episode 1 on piece of cake, and when i got on Hollywood. it was like on come get some due to the amount of enemies on there

What the difficulty levels change:
  • The distance at which an enemy is guaranteed to react to you
  • When outside that distance, the likelihood that an enemy will see you and start reacting to you
  • The health multipliyer of enemies (range from 50% of normal health on POC to 125% on DIG)
  • The number of seconds you get in fight for your life mode
  • The speed of enemy laser bolts (POC = half speed, LR = 2/3 speed, above that is normal speed)

I made all enemies appear on all difficulties. With the changes above, difficulty levels still work even if the map author didn't bother to tag enemies with them.

how many levels does the mod have for the Duke Forces episode?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMr. Nukem Roses, on 12 May 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

how many levels does the mod have for the Duke Forces episode?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

I don't want to derail this thread but....
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options