Duke4.net Forums: PolymerNG - Xbox One and Windows 10 - Duke4.net Forums

• 41 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PolymerNG - Xbox One and Windows 10

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to take some time off. Let's just hope that he doesn't drop off the face of the Earth for several months like he did last time Posted Image

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMicky C, on 08 August 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to take some time off. Let's just hope that he doesn't drop off the face of the Earth for several months like he did last time Posted Image

:P

User is offline   Steveeeie 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 24 August 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

:P

Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

He's got to find a job - Duke < Rent - but he's not checked his messages here for ages either.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

He's been offline for two weeks. Give it some time, he's probably looking for a new job.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

You know, I have a funny feeling he's just looking for a new job, guys. Hang in there.

User is online   Mark 

I have a funny feeling too... when I see a beautiful girl in a short summer dress on a windy day.

and your pants suddenly grow exceptionally tighter :P

• Honored Donor

View PostHiPolyBash, on 25 August 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

and your pants suddenly grow exceptionally tighter :P

But not nearly as tight as they grow for you Mr. Micky C. You're a big chunk of gorgeous hunky man meat who is absolutely irresistible. I can't go in to too much detail but it is absolutely incredible how fantastically gorgeous you actually are, you're so cute it's like O M G!

PM me for more you spunky little number :P B) :D

Is there any efforts still being put in to this? Early on it seemed extremely promising and moving forward extremely quickly.

• The Sarien Encounter

Things took a dive when he had to focus on work.

• Polymancer

Posted Image

• Honored Donor

The polymer curse strikes again. Let's hope Hendricks doesn't get too involved with the graphics or we might lose him too Posted Image

Any updates on the new renderer and/or SW support?

• Polymancer

View PostMicky C, on 02 December 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

The polymer curse Curse of Duke strikes again.

I fixed that for you.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 12 January 2017 - 01:12 AM

View Postenderandrew, on 11 January 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

Any updates on the new renderer and/or SW support?

As I've said in another thread, I do plan on doing more graphical work in Polymer/PolymerNG this year. Specifically I'm working on some tech in another engine, that I plan on back porting to eduke32.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 12 January 2017 - 07:18 AM

Good to hear. Do you have a planned roadmap of features for PolymerNG? How will it be different from Polymer?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Posticecoldduke, on 12 January 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

Specifically I'm working on some tech in another engine, that I plan on back porting to eduke32.

I'm extremely skeptical of the merit of this. Take off the rose-tinted glasses for whatever new shiny you're working on now, and evaluate what place it has in a source port.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 12 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Thank god it's open source.

• Polymancer

Nobody at the moment seems to be working on the existing Polymer - either improvements or bug fixing - so anything would be an improvement.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 12 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

View Posticecoldduke, on 25 April 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

PolymerNG will be faster then polymer, and faster then Polymost. I need to point out that Virtual Texturing won't be considered a "fancy effect", it will be considered a required rendering system.

I should clarify, even though I am using the Direct3D 11 API, on the XB1 were limited to the Direct3D 10 feature set. So a min spec for PolymerNG will be Windows 7 with a card that supports the Direct3D 10 feature set.

I assume the first priority is getting the primary PolymerNG Renderer feature complete, but are there any potential compromises in limiting yourself to the D3D 10 feature set that could be alleviated by the addition of a a Vulkan or D3D 12 RHI layer later?

User is online   Mark 

If you have lots of time there is a wealth of discussion on features and programs in this thread. There is just a lot of stuff in between the good stuff. :lol:

User is offline   Trebor_UK 

Whatever happened to this?

• The Sarien Encounter

Something something something non-compete something something something Shadow Warrior.

• Polymancer

People bitching at him about having to do it their way, Heretic 2, then Shadow Warrior.

In before someone else says it, "I think there should be a forum dedicated to the projects Justin has stopped working on" :P. I do miss working on PolymerNG. Real work has to come before random free work I do on the side, and I can't do graphics work without potentially violating my non compete. Keep this topic open(and hopefully clean), eventually I plan on moving towards freelance consulting work, then hopefully those non competes will be less of a issue(and I can move back to PolymerNG). I'd also like to finish up my neural net compression tech, but I can never seem to tear myself aware from old 3drealms games. It's like a nagging itch I can never quite scratch, which is why doing a Shadow Warrior mod is a great compromise to scratch my itch and not have it compete with my work.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 26 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Really I can't blame you. I'm just as ADD about my myriad of projects I've been working on. I've since learned to stop advertising them and making promises I know I'll probably not keep. :P That's just me I'm not implying anything about you in saying that.

User is offline   Player Lin 

I'm just shut up and wait to see what would happens from icecoldduke. :P

I'm tired to complain or blame or blah blah. :P

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 26 May 2017 - 09:43 AM

• Polymancer

It wouldn't be too bad, but for the fact that Polymer is unusable at the moment due to bugs and shader issues. With NG stalled and no progress on fixing the existing renderer, that leaves any next-gen project hanging.

Share this topic:

• 41 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options