Duke4.net Forums: I downloaded the latest EDuke, and now my handgun is invisible. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I downloaded the latest EDuke, and now my handgun is invisible.

User is offline   DukeDuck 

After a while away from Duke3d I decided to download the latest EDuke.

When I started a new game, Duke looked like he was unarmed, and I could only see the handgun whenever he reloaded it. None of the other weapons are invisible.

Log right here...

Attached File(s)

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostDukeDuck, on 06 April 2016 - 10:41 PM, said:

After a while away from Duke3d I decided to download the latest EDuke.

When I started a new game, Duke looked like he was unarmed, and I could only see the handgun whenever he reloaded it. None of the other weapons are invisible.

Log right here...
Try without DukePlus. If the pistol is OK then, follow my signature and get the DukePlus NixFix.
And maybe check that you have no loose CON or DEF files lying around in your gameroot folder or alongside eduke32.exe.

I tried without DukePlus and the pistol was fine, so I downloaded the NixFix. But the pistol is still invisible, and I discovered another problem that I didn't notice before, the ripper disappears during its firing animation.

There are no other CON files in the root folder besides the defaults.

New log here...

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDukeDuck, on 07 April 2016 - 09:35 AM, said:

I tried without DukePlus and the pistol was fine, so I downloaded the NixFix. But the pistol is still invisible, and I discovered another problem that I didn't notice before, the ripper disappears during its firing animation.

There are no other CON files in the root folder besides the defaults.

New log here...

What happens if you use DukePlus, but you disable the HRP? (uncheck the "enable autoload folder" button on the startup screen).

The pistol sprite shows up normally without HRP.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

[...] I decided to download the latest EDuke.
Bad idea. We have another EDuke32 regression here. Get a reasonably stable version instead. Like r5267, coming with the HRP SFX package. Or even r4495, available in my thread's download section. Keep the NixFix installed, though.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 07 April 2016 - 05:34 PM

I decided to try r5454 (I peeked through my other topic and found out that the subway sound problem was fixed) and pistol is visible again.

Thank you for your help.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

I could only see the handgun whenever he reloaded it. None of the other weapons are invisible.
Issue fixed as of r5771.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options